Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

On 4/22/2022 at 1:11 AM, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

IMO, if he's there at 11, we should take him. I dont care about his injury. I do, but he's worth the risk. We dont need him to be Jerry Rice next year, we dont have Super Bowl aspirations. We're laying the foundation for our offense. Once he fully recovers, God willing there's no big drop off in performance. We'd have a BEAST. He's hands down the best WR. He's the game breaker we DESPERATELY need. When the ball is in his hands, he makes **** happen. I dont want the Escalade (London), Benz (Olave), or he Hellcat (Wilson, even though he's the ONLY WR I'd take at 11 if Williams is off the board).

I want the shiny red Lambo.....

^^This. If it weren't for the injury, Williams would be a top five pick. If we really want a difference maker on the offensive side of the ball and we pass on him at 11, we're just doin' it rong. Even with the injury, his ceiling is far above the rest of the WRs in this class. Who cares if he's not available for the first half of the season. When he gets back to near 100%, he's a scary dude, especially with Scary Terry on the other side. If he only gets back to 80% or so, he's still as good or better than the next top three WRs in this draft. If we take Hamilton or trade down, then fine. We have other priorities. However, if we take one of the other WRs at 11 if Williams is still on the board, somebody needs to be fired.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

^^This. If it weren't for the injury, Williams would be a top five pick. If we really want a difference maker on the offensive side of the ball and we pass on him at 11, we're just doin' it rong. Even with the injury, his ceiling is far above the rest of the WRs in this class. Who cares if he's not available for the first half of the season. When he gets back to near 100%, he's a scary dude, especially with Scary Terry on the other side. If he only gets back to 80% or so, he's still as good or better than the next top three WRs in this draft. If we take Hamilton or trade down, then fine. We have other priorities. However, if we take one of the other WRs at 11 if Williams is still on the board, somebody needs to be fired.

100%. I've been banging the table for Williams I'm the 1st and Walker in the 2nd. If I'm greedy say also get Honey Badger too. Man this would be a dream come true. And I honestly think it's almost certain Williams will be there at #11. 

• Thanks 1

Hamilton appears to be the wildcard pick to me. My feeling is that we are showing heavy focus on WR,RB,OL and LB. 

If we take a WR at #11, we could slip back from #47 to add another pick and then bag RB,OL,LB. Not sure if the LB they really want is a guy adaptable to the hybrid role. You would think so. We could do with both in reality. More traditional backer for depth, then your S/LB hybrid.

But if Hamilton is at #11, seems like we feel he is too good, and too good a fit, to pass over. So if you take him, that still leaves WR,RB,OL,LB (does that need drop?) on the board. Becomes more difficult to plug those gaps.

Life looks easier going stud WR at #11. Even one of the top 3 tackles. The wildcard being how great can Hamilton be in this D. Is he too good to pass over ?

Edited by Est.1974
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

That’s what we love about you dude…that never say die attitude. Your next Gennie light is on me.

Genny. Please sir, don’t butcher the nectar of the God’s spelling. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's two articles now saying we will go Tackle if one of the "Big Three" are there. It seems to be the one position that hasn't been debated here over the last few weeks. What do you guys think? I would have thought we had far bigger holes than taking an O lineman, especially at #11

5 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

That's two articles now saying we will go Tackle if one of the "Big Three" are there. It seems to be the one position that hasn't been debated here over the last few weeks. What do you guys think? I would have thought we had far bigger holes than taking an O lineman, especially at #11

Eh. Cross/Neal I would live with. Wouldn't love it. But I wouldn't hate it. 

8 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

Cheers KD. Are we sliding Cosmi to Guard you think then? Or are they Left Tackles (in which case I can't see the need)?

I think Cross is a LT. I wouldn't move Cosmi. He showed promise at RT. Sometimes when you start moving guys you accidentally create holes.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mhd24 said:

WOW.  Maybe Logan Paulson also had some inside info when he was gushing about Williams.  I see Williams' floor as Houston at 13.  Houston can afford to let him rehab for a long time as they are in no rush.

I don't think so, he's gushed about Williams for months.  So have I.  And Williams isn't exactly a dark hourse off beat player to get behind, he's the dude most of the mock drafters gushed about the most, the caveat has been, if he's healthy

Edited by Skinsinparadise

I haven't hit up the top 3 tackles in my evaluations yet, been working more the 2-4th rounders first but I'll get there.  But I'll say Matsko might be the best O line coach in the NFL, so I'd presume he is heavily involved in those evaulations. 

I'll add I do know their Wonderlic scores.  Ekwonu, 29 on the Wonderlic, Neal got a 16, Cross got a 12. 

• Like 1

Peter King used to be plugged in, I don't think he's as much today.  This would be a nightmare for me if it unfolded like this.  His mock is WR crazy.  Dotson goes #1. Thibodeaux falls out of the top 10.  Cine in the first round.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/25/nfl-mock-draft-fmia-peter-king-2022/?cid=fmiatw

7. New York Giants: Kyle Hamilton, safety, Notre Dame

Just a warning: Don’t be shocked if the Giants go Thibodeaux here. Lots of stuff out in the ether right now about the Giants being down on Thibodeaux, but I can tell you they’re interested and have done a ton of work on him since his Pro Day. Also, the Giants would love to deal this pick and recoup a 2023 first-round pick and go down, say, 10 to 12 spots so they still could get a strong prospect plus be in prime position in the ’23 first round.

So the call here is Hamilton, despite the fact the Giants have a good young third-year safety in Xavier McKinney. New defensive coordinator Wink Martindale loves versatile safeties, which is precisely what Hamilton is. He’s huge (6-4, 220) and instinctive, and can blitz, play sideline to sideline and play down in the box as an extra linebacker. This pick would make the Giants’ secondary tough to gameplan against because of the versatility of McKinney and Hamilton.

8. Atlanta Falcons: Drake London, wide receiver, USC 

Kind of the first “they could do five things here” pick. I’m going with the receiver I hear they love. Some teams knocked London for not running a 40 in the runup to the draft after a late-October broken ankle caused him to miss USC’s last four games; he’s estimated at about 4.5, which is not top-end speed. Everything else about his game is top-end. His average game in 2021 (15 targets, 11 catches, 136 yards, one TD) was notable. Everyone knew the ball was coming to him, and his competitiveness in multiple coverages caught eyes. To keep up that level of production game after game is something that separates London from the other receivers in this crop. As for the Falcons’ need at wideout: When the guys in three-receiver formations look to be Olamide Zaccheaus, Auden Tate and Damiere Byrd  I rest my case.

*9. Houston Texans: Garrett Wilson, wide receiver, Ohio State

*Projected Trade: Texans trade the 13th pick overall and an early third-round pick, 68th overall, to the Seahawks for the 9th selection.

And so here comes the run on receivers. Houston leapfrogs the Jets to get the franchise receiver for Davis Mills (who has a chance this year to win this job) or whoever the Texans pick next year to be the franchise passer. There’s a lot of love for Wilson in the league, even though he never led Ohio State in receiving in any of his three years and he’s a lean (6-0, 183) receiver who probably won’t play much heavier. He played the slot in 2020 and outside last year, so teams have plenty of tape to see him play all over the field in different offenses. Team like his ability to get open and to make things happen after the catch.

I look at Houston’s draft this way. Post-Watson, the Texans need some franchise players. If they come out of this draft with a long-term left tackle and a top receiver who can be counted on for the next five to eight years, it’s a profitable draft. Plus: GM Nick Caserio has the 37th overall pick, and he could use that on a second-level cornerback (Washington’s Kyler Gordon?) to attack another need area.

10. New York Jets: Jameson Williams, wide receiver, Alabama 

The luxury for the constantly rebuilding Jets in taking a guy coming off a Jan. 10 ACL injury is that they don’t need to be in a hurry, and Williams, to many, was the draft’s top wideout before the injury. So whether he plays in late October or by Dec. 1 is not a make-or-break factor in what they do. Williams will be the number one receiver Zach Wilson needs to have a chance to be a good long-term quarterback. However the receivers line up on GM Joe Douglas’ board, getting one of the top three wideouts and Sauce Gardner in the first round would be a win for a franchise that hasn’t had enough of them.

Mock Draft: Picks 11-20

11. Washington Commanders: Chris Olave, wide receiver, Ohio State 

How cool would it be if it fell Wilson-Williams-Olave  teammates at Ohio State in 2019 and 2020 before Williams transferred to Alabama? They combined for 40 touchdowns last season in Columbus and Tuscaloosa. I wish I could figure a way for Olave to fall to Green Bay, because with his precision route-running and vaunted football smarts, he’d be a perfect 2022 fit for Aaron Rodgers. But I can’t see him lasting to the twenties. The fourth of four straight wideouts makes too much sense for Washington, which I think loves Drake London but will be thrilled with the sub-4.4 speed and top football IQ of Olave.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Peter King used to be plugged in, I don't think he's as much today.  This would be a nightmare for me if it unfolded like this.  His mock is WR crazy.  Dotson goes #1. Thibodeaux falls out of the top 10.  Cine in the first round.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/25/nfl-mock-draft-fmia-peter-king-2022/?cid=fmiatw

7. New York Giants: Kyle Hamilton, safety, Notre Dame

Just a warning: Don’t be shocked if the Giants go Thibodeaux here. Lots of stuff out in the ether right now about the Giants being down on Thibodeaux, but I can tell you they’re interested and have done a ton of work on him since his Pro Day. Also, the Giants would love to deal this pick and recoup a 2023 first-round pick and go down, say, 10 to 12 spots so they still could get a strong prospect plus be in prime position in the ’23 first round.

So the call here is Hamilton, despite the fact the Giants have a good young third-year safety in Xavier McKinney. New defensive coordinator Wink Martindale loves versatile safeties, which is precisely what Hamilton is. He’s huge (6-4, 220) and instinctive, and can blitz, play sideline to sideline and play down in the box as an extra linebacker. This pick would make the Giants’ secondary tough to gameplan against because of the versatility of McKinney and Hamilton.

8. Atlanta Falcons: Drake London, wide receiver, USC 

Kind of the first “they could do five things here” pick. I’m going with the receiver I hear they love. Some teams knocked London for not running a 40 in the runup to the draft after a late-October broken ankle caused him to miss USC’s last four games; he’s estimated at about 4.5, which is not top-end speed. Everything else about his game is top-end. His average game in 2021 (15 targets, 11 catches, 136 yards, one TD) was notable. Everyone knew the ball was coming to him, and his competitiveness in multiple coverages caught eyes. To keep up that level of production game after game is something that separates London from the other receivers in this crop. As for the Falcons’ need at wideout: When the guys in three-receiver formations look to be Olamide Zaccheaus, Auden Tate and Damiere Byrd  I rest my case.

*9. Houston Texans: Garrett Wilson, wide receiver, Ohio State

*Projected Trade: Texans trade the 13th pick overall and an early third-round pick, 68th overall, to the Seahawks for the 9th selection.

And so here comes the run on receivers. Houston leapfrogs the Jets to get the franchise receiver for Davis Mills (who has a chance this year to win this job) or whoever the Texans pick next year to be the franchise passer. There’s a lot of love for Wilson in the league, even though he never led Ohio State in receiving in any of his three years and he’s a lean (6-0, 183) receiver who probably won’t play much heavier. He played the slot in 2020 and outside last year, so teams have plenty of tape to see him play all over the field in different offenses. Team like his ability to get open and to make things happen after the catch.

I look at Houston’s draft this way. Post-Watson, the Texans need some franchise players. If they come out of this draft with a long-term left tackle and a top receiver who can be counted on for the next five to eight years, it’s a profitable draft. Plus: GM Nick Caserio has the 37th overall pick, and he could use that on a second-level cornerback (Washington’s Kyler Gordon?) to attack another need area.

10. New York Jets: Jameson Williams, wide receiver, Alabama 

The luxury for the constantly rebuilding Jets in taking a guy coming off a Jan. 10 ACL injury is that they don’t need to be in a hurry, and Williams, to many, was the draft’s top wideout before the injury. So whether he plays in late October or by Dec. 1 is not a make-or-break factor in what they do. Williams will be the number one receiver Zach Wilson needs to have a chance to be a good long-term quarterback. However the receivers line up on GM Joe Douglas’ board, getting one of the top three wideouts and Sauce Gardner in the first round would be a win for a franchise that hasn’t had enough of them.

Mock Draft: Picks 11-20

11. Washington Commanders: Chris Olave, wide receiver, Ohio State 

How cool would it be if it fell Wilson-Williams-Olave  teammates at Ohio State in 2019 and 2020 before Williams transferred to Alabama? They combined for 40 touchdowns last season in Columbus and Tuscaloosa. I wish I could figure a way for Olave to fall to Green Bay, because with his precision route-running and vaunted football smarts, he’d be a perfect 2022 fit for Aaron Rodgers. But I can’t see him lasting to the twenties. The fourth of four straight wideouts makes too much sense for Washington, which I think loves Drake London but will be thrilled with the sub-4.4 speed and top football IQ of Olave.

I like Peter King, however he is a Giants fan, through and through.  Very biased, and would not vote for Art Monk to go to the hall of fame.  F him

He does not look slow to me.  When you can read the play as well as he does you don't have to rely on speed to make up for mistakes.  Is he going to burned in the NFL, absolutely,  more than once, however you do not waste the chance to get a player of this nature for FREE!

5 minutes ago, sebestian said:

I like Peter King, however he is a Giants fan, through and through.  Very biased, and would not vote for Art Monk to go to the hall of fame.  F him

He does not look slow to me.  When you can read the play as well as he does you don't have to rely on speed to make up for mistakes.  Is he going to burned in the NFL, absolutely,  more than once, however you do not waste the chance to get a player of this nature for FREE!

Hamilton would be a great pick IMO.  He's on my top 4 list and has been for awhile at 11.  I'd put Jameson Williams on it for sure too if they feel he will be healthy enough at some point this season.  That's why I hated King's mock.  All of my guys so to speak were gone sans Lloyd but I get the picture they aren't drafting Lloyd so he's likely irrelevant. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

12 isn't screaming draft me at 11

That Wonderlic... Yikes. This is the part that is beyond difficult to judge without knowing these guys. Maybe some of them just suck at written testing.

Or maybe you just can't see it but someone is telling them what to do every play. This is where we have a hard time evaluating these dudes. Cross' film says OT1 to me. But if he truly got an 12 on the wonderlic and he doesn't have testing trouble than... what the hell do I do with that?

As an aside: I'm in the portion of my evals where I'm watching guys I haven't watched yet and my board is changing again :ols:

I wish I had a full team of scouts at my disposal. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 3

Kevin Sheehan just now on 980

London is the number 1 WR on the board and there is significant space between 1 and 2.

They like the other guys but he’s the number 1 WR on the board. 

doesn’t mean they’ll take him at 11 if he’s there, but he’s not ruling out an OL or Hamilton at 11 as well. 

4 minutes ago, Hitman#21 said:

Kevin Sheehan just now on 980

London is the number 1 WR on the board and there is significant space between 1 and 2.

They like the other guys but he’s the number 1 WR on the board. 

doesn’t mean they’ll take him at 11 if he’s there, but he’s not ruling out an OL or Hamilton at 11 as well. 

Yeah that's a repeat of what he said on his podcast which I posted here.  I'd trust Keim over Sheehan.  Keim has been on London, too but in the last podcast, he pumped Williams and it felt like he did so in a way to hint that might be their guy if his medicals check out.

It's funny Sheehan is saying Del Rio might not like Hamilton.  I know where that is coming from which is Standig purely speculating on Sheehan;s show last week that Del Rio might not like the challenge of figuring out how to use Hamilton from game to game, but that felt like Standig just spitballing on that versus reporting. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah that's a repeat of what he said on his podcast which I posted here.  I'd trust Keim over Sheehan.  Keim has been on London, too but in the last podcast, he pumped Williams and it felt like he did so in a way to hint that might be their guy if his medicals check out.

It's funny Sheehan is saying Del Rio might not like Hamilton.  I know where that is coming from which is Standig purely speculating on Sheehan;s show last week that Del Rio might not like the challenge of figuring out how to use Hamilton from game to game, but that felt like Standig just spitballing on that versus reporting. 

Did you get a chance to listen to standing yet? 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You know what, I am starting get a little sick and tired Del Rio already.  Just because you played the game and have coached does not mean you are good at both or either.  I like Rivera, but come on man.  Unless this is a smokescreen, which I hope.  Please let it be Friday so I can be let down as usual. Anticipation of feeling disappointed is worse then actually being disapointed. 

Just now, sebestian said:

You know what, I am starting get a little sick and tired Del Rio already.  Just because you played the game and have coached does not mean you are good at both or either.  I like Rivera, but come on man.  Unless this is a smokescreen, which I hope.  Please let it be Friday so I can be let down as usual. Anticipation of feeling disappointed is worse then actually being disapointed. 

Del Rio might not like the challenge of figuring out how to use Hamilton from game to game

IS THIS TRUE!!  

He does not like the challenge!!  Bro their is a ton of things you can do other then f up our defense.  Please Ron if you fire this POS I will drive him to the airport.

39 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That may also stem from numerous teams have multiple first rounders. The Giants are  reportedly struggling with the cap impact due to the rookie pool required. On the Giants I would also think that with picks 5 and 7 they’d be giving out 2 fully guaranteed deals that will combine for upwards of 60mil. Fully guaranteed. That’s a big outlay on rookies. 

• Thumb up 1

19 minutes ago, KDawg said:

That Wonderlic... Yikes. This is the part that is beyond difficult to judge without knowing these guys. Maybe some of them just suck at written testing.

Or maybe you just can't see it but someone is telling them what to do every play. This is where we have a hard time evaluating these dudes. Cross' film says OT1 to me. But if he truly got an 12 on the wonderlic and he doesn't have testing trouble than... what the hell do I do with that?

As an aside: I'm in the portion of my evals where I'm watching guys I haven't watched yet and my board is changing again :ols:

I wish I had a full team of scouts at my disposal. 

I don't weigh wonderlic's...unless the number is extremely low, and that is low. Especially for an OL

If I was selecting Williams or anyone with a 12, I am taking Williams 

Oh those darn boards :ols:.  I gave up, don't have time to go through everyone. This is the weirdest draft in years. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

30 minutes ago, sebestian said:

I do not like Peter King. He is POS. He tried to use Sean Taylor's death as part of the reasoning for not drafting Ss in the top 5. Totally classless. I called him on it in his feedback section and in fairness he did respond but it was some lame ass **** trying to backtrack. Dude is useless to me. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, DWinzit said:

I don't weigh wonderlic's...unless the number is extremely low, and that is low. Especially for an OL

If I was selecting Williams or anyone with a 12, I am taking Williams 

Oh those darn boards :ols:.  I gave up, don't have time to go through everyone. This is the weirdest draft in years. 

Right... that's really low. So what in the hell am I supposed to do with a 12 on the Wonderlic without knowing if he just struggles with tests or he's... just not smart?

That type of thing totally skews a ranking :ols: