Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

I don’t see an issue with someone vouching for a guy. Drafting them just because someone did is bad business. But if you take them at a good spot because someone you trust trusts them… that’s how hiring is generally done in all businesses.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

My Dawg! Woot! 

👊👊👊.  

It's fine if Bates starts but they do need a legitimate move TE receiving threat to complement him while Logan is out. I don't think the draft is the answer because it does take a lot of time for TEs to develop. I think Jared Cook is the guy and he'll be there to be signed after the draft (without having to give up comp picks).

Best thing that could happen for us is that the Texans and Minnesota have one player they want and we can trade down with them.

I would take Hamilton or Gardner at 11 the others I think going down a spot or 2 would be good. If they want Olave they may have to take him at 11 if a run on Wr happens

Logan Paulsen's take on the RBs was brutal IMO.  I liked his other stuff on other spots.  But not hit for me on the RBs, among other things he didn't think Walker was a homerun type runner and that physical and wouldn't take him in the mid 2nd.

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 3.44.44 PM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Logan Paulsen's take on the RBs was brutal IMO.  I liked his other stuff on other spots.  But not hit for me on the RBs, among other things he didn't think Walker was a homerun type runner and that physical and wouldn't take him in the mid 2nd.

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 3.44.44 PM.png

I'd love to see where Damien Pierce ranks on that chart

Just watched Abram Smith.  I noticed he's sort of a chic pick from some mock drafters.

He's interesting if the idea is a Peyton Barber style runner as for physicality.  He's a battering ram physical type of runner.  He'd work well with the old school hogs-- Gibbs Redskins.  On that front as for physical runners after the 2nd round, I like Pierce and Robinson better.  He's on par for me with Allgeier.  Maybe I'd take him a hair over Ford.

His poor agility numbers from the combine I think shows when he runs.  His body looks a bit stiff when he runs especially his upper body.   He's already had two ACLs.  And he will be 24 when the season starts.  So those things make me pause some. 

But I like him enough.  There are bunch of RBs IMO in that 4th-5th range that seem really in that same range of ability.  

One cut and go type.  Wide zone runner which fits this offense because they major in that.   Didn't see much receiving.   Tone setter in a good way as for his style of running.  He has sick numbers excepts for pass catching. 

I figure his age and injury history could drop him into the later rounds. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just watched Abram Smith.

Yeah. I love the guy. Was talking about him a couple of days ago. I just started watching some games from Badie. And he might actually be a bigger homerun threat. But I like Smith's pass blocking and toughness better for the next level. Either could be had in the 4th IMO. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ball Security said:

I’m not sure if I’d say he’s not athletic.  He has a 6.97 RAS and was offered a scholarship to play lacrosse at ND.  

And, yes, he transferred from Wisconsin.

Sure, he's athletic. I guess I was just trying to say he's not a duel threat qb 

Edited by duffy

In terms of WR preferences, what is the collective opinion on how you'd rank:

1). Draft London at 11

2). Draft Wilson at 11

3). Trade down and get a latish 3rd/early 4th and take Olave

4). Trade down significantly and get Burks in the 17-21 range (while getting a solid 3rd)

5). Trade down majorly and miss out on all the top WRs (while taking one in the 2nd/3rd range) and get another position (DB, OL, LB)

14 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

In terms of WR preferences, what is the collective opinion on how you'd rank:

1). Draft London at 11

2). Draft Wilson at 11

3). Trade down and get a latish 3rd/early 4th and take Olave

4). Trade down significantly and get Burks in the 17-21 range (while getting a solid 3rd)

5). Trade down majorly and miss out on all the top WRs (while taking one in the 2nd/3rd range) and get another position (DB, OL, LB)

5. Pickens/Watson/Pierce

1. Unless he tests terrible at pro day

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As far as vists, theme is clearly offense. O line. WR. RB and safety

I have a really good feeling that Troy Andersen will be a pick of ours. We interviewed him. Either 3rd or 4th(with a trade down)... After going offense with our top two picks.

I'd be happy with that. And Andersen could develop into so much more. He could Play buffalo, play Mike...and be a weapon on offense. Our own Taysom Hill type player. You know we love our "position flex" guys. 

On 4/10/2022 at 11:28 AM, The Consigliere said:

This x1000. Pickens... He’s better than Olave period in my view.

Ochocinco v2

7 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don't know who it is, but I think they should absolutely draft a RB somewhere..

Not to beat a dead horse but if only we had drafted Najee....

34 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I liked Marquise before that draft, I took some heat for it at the time because of his size. Calvin Austin IMO has some of that brand and likely could be had in the 2nd.

For those that like London, then many should be happy that RR is attending, or the thinking is he will attend his Pro Day.  Still think we are ripe for a trade down.  We are in the perfect position for it but can't address the needs that RR is talking about unless we trade down (i.e., OL, WR, RB etc.). 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1