Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Marvelous" Marvin Hagler Dead at 66

d0ublestr0ker0ll

On 3/14/2021 at 5:52 AM, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Dude was knocked down ONE time in his career, and it was controversial.  Fighting the way he did, that's absolutely astonishing.  Surprised to not see him involved in the GOAT debate.  Perhaps its my bias talking, and lack of knowledge of other boxers careers.

The fights vs Thomas Hearns and Mano de Piedra were epic, RIP Marvin.

" While Dave Moretti scored it seven rounds to five for Leonard, and Lou Fillippo scored it that way for Hagler, Jo Jo Guerra went off the reservation. His two colleagues’ scores, both logical and reasonable, were overshadowed by Guerra’s ridiculous tally of 10 rounds for Leonard." Link

I met Marvelous at the height of his powers, chatted and took pictures with us for about 10 min. He couldnt have been nicer to me and my family. We have a picture somewhere, I asked my mom to find it. He totally hit on my mom and at the same time put my dad at ease. He was gracious, funny, and a class act. Made quite the impression on this 11 yr old kid. RIP Champ.

Best fighter i ever saw.
I know everyone is flashing up the Hearns fight for it's great round, but I'll share the fight vs Roberto Duran, which was the best fight i've ever seen. Toe to toe action all the way. A boxing master class by two of the greatest.

~Bang

Archived