Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 ES GM's Mock Draft....

COWBOY-KILLA-

45 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

With the 100th pick in the 2024 Draft the Washington Commander select Austin Booker 6'5 245 Edge Kansas

NFL Comparison

Maxx Crosby

Overview

Truly unique prospect combining tremendous upside with an extremely limited sample size. A more conservative approach on Booker’s grade might be prudent, but it becomes a difficult route to take when observing his length, explosive athleticism and rush talent. Booker needs to get bigger and stronger, but that will come. The diversity of his rush approach is unheard of for a player with so little playing time. He can stride and dip at the top of the rush or beat tackles back inside with a Euro step or spin counter. He can stab and long-arm tackles into the pocket or stay separated from them at the point of attack. He chases quarterbacks and running backs with agility and burst but can be inconsistent dealing with a downhill running game. His reps against talented Texas left tackle Kelvin Banks Jr. could be the springboard to push this gifted edge defender with monster traits up the draft board toward an exciting NFL career.

Strengths

Possesses basketball-player wingspan with a frame that is sure to add more mass.

Pairs long-striding edge attack with vicious inside spin counter.

Impressive speed-to-power and dip-and-flatten techniques as a rusher.

Excellent feel for turning shoulders and eluding blocker’s hands.

Length and speed put him on top of QBs/RBs before they know it.

Out-reaches the tackle to extend and set the edge versus the run.

Shows unique ability to use his length to work around blocks.

Has pursuit speed to rack up tackles and tackles for loss as a pro.

Weaknesses

One of the lowest career snap counts (505, per PFF) you’ll see for a draftable prospect.

Needs to get much stronger in both his upper and lower body.

Pad level can get away from him on inside moves.

Gets in trouble when run blockers sink into frame.

Could struggle against downhill run attacks without trying to elude blocks.

Unknown-1.jpeg

Ok, are you looking at my board!!  I had this all cued up!  This guy has a huge upside.Already plays with so much intelligence. If he can put some weight on without losing any quickness he could be a beast at the next level. 

Very nice pick. Commanders would do really well to draft him middle rounds like this. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, gooseneck said:

sent list for tomorrow - gone for about 3 hours

Thursday I might have a court hearing in Billings which is an 800 mile round drive for me- will send in a list if I am.

So what exactly did you do at that store in Missoula?  

Scratch that, I don’t wanna know.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, woodpecker said:

Pick 102 Seahawks take Jared Wiley TE (TCU)

image.jpeg.6bdc4688befd8c373d56f8edeebccca7.jpeg

@clskinsfan and the pats is up….

That's one of my guys, Wiley.  Not sure about this early but i get it, I can see it.  I do think he will be better than the typical mock drafter gives him credit for. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's one of my guys, Wiley.  Not sure about this early but i get it, I an see it.  I do think he will be better than the typical mock drafter gives him credit for. 

Tough call between junior Colson and Theo Johnson with my last pick. Apparently, no chance I was getting both. Then Stover went the pick right before me, leaving Wiley as the last TE that I really liked. It did feel like a bit of a reach, but hearing he is one of your guys makes me feel a lot better about the pick, so thanks! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Tough call between junior Colson and Theo Johnson with my last pick. Apparently, no chance I was getting both. Then Stover went the pick right before me, leaving Wiley as the last TE that I really liked. It did feel like a bit of a reach, but hearing he is one of your guys makes me feel a lot better about the pick, so thanks! 

Yeah every year I try to find a mid round type TE that I dig without a lot of hype, and months back Wiley was the one that I landed on.

Big dude who can run. Decent YAC guy.  Good hands.  Only 2% drop rate.  I wish he was a better blocker, he should be at his size but it can come.  He IMO is the best TE left at this stage in this ES draft.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Some of these TE's prospects 3-cone times are insane. They're on par with DB's in that regard. Wiley is very good. Nice pick.

Thanks CB, your assessment means a lot to me as well! He was kind of buried on some of the older rankings lists I looked at, but on the more recent stuff he is moving up. 

• Thumb up 1

@KDawg and the Chargers on the clock

@Est.1974 and the Vikings are on deck

@gooseneck and the Giants soon - I have thier pick

@Est.1974 and the Vikings soon

@goskins10 and the Falcons soon

@KDawg and the Vikings soon

@Skinsinparadise and the Jets soon

@Chump Bailey and the Raiders soon

@Chump Bailey and the Ravens soon

@Going Commando and the Jags soon

@WelshSkinsFan and the Bengals soon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@gooseneck and the Giants select: Braelon Allen RB Wisconsin

@Est.1974 and the Vikings on the clock

@goskins10 and the Falcons soon

@KDawg and the Vikings soon

@Skinsinparadise and the Jets soon

@Chump Bailey and the Raiders soon

@Chump Bailey and the Ravens soon

@WelshSkinsFan and the Bengals soon

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

The guy i was going to take.

giphy.gif

Almost took him instead of Limmer for the Pats. But they need a left tackle and center. Rosengarten is strictly a RT. I would like him for the Commanders though. 

• Like 2