2024 ES GM's Mock Draft....

COWBOY-KILLA-

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

New England 1st round:

Jayden Daniels 

Brian Thomas Jr. 

Chicago 1st round:

Caleb Williams

Trade back from 9 to 11 after Dallas Turner went 8. He would have been my pick.

Jared Verse. 

Happy with both so far. 

That was my Atlanta pick LOL  They really need some D help. He will make a huge impact on that D. Maybe take some of the pressure off Kirk to do it all. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

That was my Atlanta pick LOL  They really need some D help. He will make a huge impact on that D. Maybe take some of the pressure off Kirk to do it all. 

Yeah. I really like Turner. Verse might actually be a better fit opposite Sweat though. So worked out for both of us in the end imo. 

• Like 2

It is interesting to being the GM for a team you rarely see on TV.  I didn't watch a lot of Miami games this pass year but I do know they are a pretty strong team, personnel-wise.  They have got good corners, edges and wide receivers. 

Every team can use good oline, so I did consider JPJ.  But I remembered that they lost DT Christian Wilkens to the Raiders, so that is why I selected Jer'zhan Newton.  I think he would fit right in there with Chubb and Phillips.  I hadn't researched DT previously, but this guy blew me away. Plus he could have also been considered a BPA for Miami's pick.

Go 'Phins

giphy.gif

:229:The Rook 

Edited by The Rook
  • Like 5

I have sent @Gallen5862 a PM. Clock started at 5:30PM. 

Open question. In previous years we have suspended the draft on Easter as many are spending time with thier family or other activities. I am Ok either way being the heathen I am. But it's a group decision. 

If we did so, time would be suspended from Midnight tonight until 8:00AM Monday morning. Just to be clear if you have a pick and want to make it, do so. Just the next person's clock will not start until Monday 8:00AM. This would also mean that if Gallen does not pick before midnight thier clock gets suspended until Monday morning. They would have 3.5 hrs Monday mornig since the time is 10 hours for rd 2. 

I hate this type of housekeeping but it's something we need to consider. Majority will rule. Let me or @COWBOY-KILLA- know your thoughts either here or a PM. 

5 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I have sent @Gallen5862 a PM. Clock started at 5:30PM. 

Open question. In previous years we have suspended the draft on Easter as many are spending time with thier family or other activities. I am Ok either way being the heathen I am. But it's a group decision. 

If we did so, time would be suspended from Midnight tonight until 8:00AM Monday morning. Just to be clear if you have a pick and want to make it, do so. Just the next person's clock will not start until Monday 8:00AM. This would also mean that if Gallen does not pick before midnight thier clock gets suspended until Monday morning. They would have 3.5 hrs Monday mornig since the time is 10 hours for rd 2. 

I hate this type of housekeeping but it's something we need to consider. Majority will rule. Let me or @COWBOY-KILLA- know your thoughts either here or a PM. 

I am good with whatever ya'll want to do. We actually flew through that first round compared to many years. At least if my memory is right. 

I don't think the commish is back yet. So for those about to pick, here is what has been done so far. 

Team (Total Pick Number) PLAYER SCHOOL
1) Chicago Bears (from Carolina)
Caleb Williams USC
2) Washington Commanders Drake Maye North Carolina
3) New England Patriots Jayden Daniels LSU
4) Minnesota Vikings from Atlanta J.J. McCarthy Michigan
5) Los Angeles Chargers Marvin Harrison Jr. Ohio State
6) New York Giants Joe Alt Notre Dame
7) Tennessee Titans Olumuyiwa Fashanu Penn State
😎 Atlanta Falcons Dallas Turner Alabama
9) Arizona Cardinals from Chicago Malik Nabers LSU
10) New York Jets Rome Odunze Washington
11) Chicago Bears from Arizona Cardinals from Minnesota Jared Verse Florida State
12) Denver Broncos Brock Bowers Georgia
13) Las Vegas Raiders Taliese Fuaga Oregon State
14) New Orleans Saints Terrion Arnold Alabama
15) Indianapolis Colts Quinyon Mitchell Toledo
16) Seattle Seahawks Troy Fautanu Washington
17) Jacksonville Jaguars Laiatu Latu UCLA
18) Cincinnati Bengals JC Latham Alabama
19) Los Angeles Rams Byron Murphy II Texas
20) Pittsburgh Steelers Nate Wiggins Clemson
21) Miami Dolphins Johnny Newton Illinois
22) Philadelphia Eagles Cooper DeJean Iowa
23) Arizona Cardinals from Minnesota Vikings (from Cleveland through Houston) Chop Robinson Penn State
24) Dallas Cowboys Amarius Mims Georgia
25) Green Bay Packers Kool-Aid McKinstry Alabama
26) New England Patriots from Tampa Bay Buccaneers Brian Thomas Jr. LSU
27) Arizona Cardinals (from Houston) Jackson Powers-Johnson Oregon
28) Buffalo Bills Graham Barton Duke
29) Detroit Lions Kamari Lassiter Georgia
30) Baltimore Ravens Tyler Guyton Oklahoma
31) San Francisco 49ers Jordan Morgan Arizona
32) Kansas City Chiefs Adonai Mitchell Texas

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@KillBill26 and the TB Bucs on the clock

@goskins10 and the Cardinals on deck

@COWBOY-KILLA- and the Commanders soon     I have thier pick

@KDawg and the Chargers soon

@Chump Bailey and the titans soon

@Gallen5862 and the Panthers soon

@COWBOY-KILLA- and the Commanders soon

@PokerPacker and the Pack soon

@Epochalypse and the Texans soon

@goskins10 and the Falcons soon

With the 34th pick Bucs select CB Ennis Rakestraw, Mizzou.  

image.png.00c6a2f66ed2f19c9c523dcd0f4b5fb9.png

"Ennis Rakestraw Jr. is an instinctive, sticky man corner whose twitch, length, and press-man ability make life tough for opposing pass-catchers."

Strengths:

• Instincts

• Man coverage

• Twitch

• Football IQ

• Length

• Change of direction

Concerns:

• Light frame

• Open-field tackling

• Limited ball production

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2023/12/20/ennis-rakestraw-jr-scouting-report-nfl-draft-2024

Missouri cornerback Ennis Rakestraw Jr. is among the most competitive and scheme-versatile defensive prospects in the 2024 NFL Draft. Rakestraw Jr. broke out of his shell in 2023 as one of the nation's best-performing cornerbacks

-----------

Bucs play a lot of zone, but feel he is a good addition.

@goskins10 you're up

Edited by KillBill26
  • Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

When I ran this, I just removed time limits on Easter Sunday. People who were available made picks but I didn't enforce the countdowns. As always, short lists if you knew your pick was coming up always help, particularly if you know you won't be checking in here.

If you're looking for options.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Epochalypse said:

When I ran this, I just removed time limits on Easter Sunday. People who were available made picks but I didn't enforce the countdowns. As always, short lists if you knew your pick was coming up always help, particularly if you know you won't be checking in here.

If you're looking for options.

I like this option. Unless anyone has a strong objection, we keep the draft gonig but there is no clock if you don't make your pick. Whoever is up at 8:00AM  Monday morning thier clock starts then. Being just the assitant commish we need the commish to also agree. But I hear he is a pretty cool guy and will likely agree to the idea. 

I would only ask if you know you will not be around either leave us a short list or let us know so we are not hitting refresh for 15 hrs 🙂  

• Like 2

With the 35th overall pick in the 2024 ES Mock draft, the Arizona Cardnials select: Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan

Commanders pick coming up. 

image.png.67fb33cb6f878781972a79d04f1c32a1.png

With the 36th pick in the 2024 ES Mcok Draft, your Washington Commanders select: Ladd McConkey, WR Georgia

@KDawg and th Chargers are up. 

image.png.bf5ead12f9f45ca45f521ec6d5ef4af6.png

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 4