Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

42 minutes ago, China said:

So a minority of people think it should be shut down, therefore they should do what a minority of people think?  Like a minority of people voted for Trump so he should be president because a minority of people think that?

What?

I have no idea where you got that nonsense was. 

I said they almost seem to think they can appeal to outrage over it being shut down just because republicans won, but the reality is 40% of the country think it should be shut down already so there’s not going to be that appeal to outrage. It’s gonna get shut down and that’ll be that. 

ie: this will turn into a big nothingburger if republicans get control and they don’t wrap this up in the next month. 

5 hours ago, tshile said:

What?

I have no idea where you got that nonsense was. 

I said they almost seem to think they can appeal to outrage over it being shut down just because republicans won, but the reality is 40% of the country think it should be shut down already so there’s not going to be that appeal to outrage. It’s gonna get shut down and that’ll be that. 

ie: this will turn into a big nothingburger if republicans get control and they don’t wrap this up in the next month. 

I don't think they can appeal to outrage about getting shut down, and I haven't heard anyone promoting that idea...besides you.

Nothingburger?  So are you saying that you think the hearings just played to an echo chamber of those already presuming guilt of Trump et al. and haven't influenced public opinion at all? Congress doesn't have the power to arrest people, so collection of evidence and referrals to the DOJ for prosecution are two of the three primary functions of the committee.  Those are still going to happen, and they have already sent a bunch of evidence to DOJ.  The third function being reporting and making recommendations for the future as part of the report.

As for the report, people in this country are even less likely to read a report than they were to watch the hearings.  Admittedly though, I will be disappointed if they don't complete their report before Jan 3rd, as you are correct that the GOP will shut it down and it'll never go out.  And I think it is important to document it for history and posterity.  I imagine that much of it is already written, and they are just amending it at this point (or so I hope).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No idea why you’re wound so tight in this right now that you can’t understand what I’m saying. 

if they don’t finish it in the next month, nothing that matters is going to come of it. 

and they’ve known that the entire time. And here we are, end of October, midterms in 2 weeks, and they’re now saying they’d like to talk to agents. 

zero chance they wrap this up in a month. That request should have been put out there 6 months ago. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tshile said:

No idea why you’re wound so tight in this right now that you can’t understand what I’m saying. 

if they don’t finish it in the next month, nothing that matters is going to come of it. 

and they’ve known that the entire time. And here we are, end of October, midterms in 2 weeks, and they’re now saying they’d like to talk to agents. 

zero chance they wrap this up in a month. That request should have been put out there 6 months ago. 

I agree they should have been asking for things from agents and testimony from Trump months ago, and now is late.  I just disagree that they won't finish anything in the next two months.  They will just have to go with what they have.  If they don't put something out that would be a colossal failure.  

Granted 2 months isn't a lot with the holidays coming up, but I don't think campaigns are a factor.  Cheney and Kinzinger aren't campaigning, and there's only a about a week left until the election anyway.  They also have an army of people behind the scenes writing this all up.

I think you and I agree that they are aware of the deadline, we just have differing opinions on how likely they are to complete things by the deadline.

• Like 2

Former Capitol cop who messaged Jan. 6 rioter guilty in obstruction case

A former Capitol Police officer who warned a Jan. 6 defendant about a post that said he was inside the Capitol building was found guilty on one count of felony obstruction of justice by a jury on Friday.

Michael Riley was indicted in October 2021 on two counts of obstruction of justice and resigned from the Capitol Police force shortly thereafter. At his trial this month, federal prosecutors argued that Riley "betrayed" his oath by sending Jan. 6 defendant Jacob Hiles a Facebook message, warning that the FBI and law enforcement were planning to charge everyone who entered the building.

“[I’]m a capitol police officer who agrees with your political stance,” Riley wrote in a message he later deleted after Hiles’ arrest. “Take down the part about being in the building they are correctly investigating and everyone who was in the building is going to be charged. Just looking out!”

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

They will put out a report in December.

Which is exactly too late for the midterms and as far away from the 2024 elections as possible 

I guess they could put it out on thanksgiving. That’s probably be worse. Maybe 4:30pm so it’s the middle of the second football game. 

sorry. I had higher expectations. I expected it to be part of a referendum on the midterms. 

and seeing that request now, just tells me that they played their cards wrong. It feels like something unfathomable my entire life happened and no one is actually going to get in trouble for it, and he very well may run for and win president again. 

As a text to me earlier put it:

”Have you considered that we may be within the last 2 years and 10 days of a free United States? Give or take a month or two”

I had higher expectations than a report in December. 

im cynical by nature so I also like to **** on everything so maybe I’m wrong. 

• Like 2

This is what I mean when I say Republicans run circles around the democrats in strategy. They always make more out of less while the democrat struggle to get things done when they win. 

you’re all wrapped up in facts and being right and what’s what, I’m looking at how the games played and wondering who’s going to win. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, China said:

Former Capitol cop who messaged Jan. 6 rioter guilty in obstruction case

A former Capitol Police officer who warned a Jan. 6 defendant about a post that said he was inside the Capitol building was found guilty on one count of felony obstruction of justice by a jury on Friday.

Michael Riley was indicted in October 2021 on two counts of obstruction of justice and resigned from the Capitol Police force shortly thereafter. At his trial this month, federal prosecutors argued that Riley "betrayed" his oath by sending Jan. 6 defendant Jacob Hiles a Facebook message, warning that the FBI and law enforcement were planning to charge everyone who entered the building.

“[I’]m a capitol police officer who agrees with your political stance,” Riley wrote in a message he later deleted after Hiles’ arrest. “Take down the part about being in the building they are correctly investigating and everyone who was in the building is going to be charged. Just looking out!”

Warning others to cover their tracks after the fact is certainly not as bad as removing barricades and inviting rioters into the Capitol Building. What ever happened to those cops?  

10 hours ago, tshile said:

Which is exactly too late for the midterms and as far away from the 2024 elections as possible 

I guess they could put it out on thanksgiving. That’s probably be worse. Maybe 4:30pm so it’s the middle of the second football game. 

sorry. I had higher expectations. I expected it to be part of a referendum on the midterms. 

and seeing that request now, just tells me that they played their cards wrong. It feels like something unfathomable my entire life happened and no one is actually going to get in trouble for it, and he very well may run for and win president again. 

As a text to me earlier put it:

”Have you considered that we may be within the last 2 years and 10 days of a free United States? Give or take a month or two”

I had higher expectations than a report in December. 

im cynical by nature so I also like to **** on everything so maybe I’m wrong. 

You had way to high expectations. 

All that was going to come from the select committee was some hearings and a report. Maybe some referrals to Justice.

Biden or Garland should of created a special prosecutor/independent counsel like they did for the Russia investigation or Whitewater back in early 21.

Even if they had stuff out before the election; it wouldn’t be a much of a factor this election. Abortion won’t be much if a factor.  

Inflation/Econony/Crime is what’s driving this election and why the gop will make decent gains in house to take control. Mitch could be back in control. 

7/4/26 is the country’s 250th Bday. Odds are we aren’t a democracy by then.

• Sad 2

A top national security prosecutor has joined the team investigating Trump's Mar-a-Lago documents, indicating the probe is heating up, WaPo reports

Veteran prosecutor David Raskin, who recently oversaw the case of an FBI analyst who pleaded guilty to keeping classified materials at home, has joined the team investigating the documents found at former president Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago residence, The Washington Post reported.

Raskin previously served as a senior federal prosecutor in New York, known for his work on the case of a co-conspirator in the 9/11 terrorist attacks, as well as the 1998 bombings of US embassies in East Africa. More recently, Raskin served as a prosecutor in Missouri, where he investigated the case of FBI analyst Kendra Kingsbury, who on October 13 pleaded guilty to keeping national defense documents in her home. Kingsbury faces up to 10 years in federal prison.

His work on such high profile cases has earned Raskin the reputation of being one of the nation's most successful terrorism prosecutors, the Post reported. Sources familiar with the Mar-A-Lago investigation told the outlet Raskin has been assisting with the investigation after originally having been called upon by the Department of Justice to consult on the criminal investigation resulting from the January 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol.

National security law experts told the Post that prosecutors appear to have gathered enough evidence to meet at least some of the criteria for bringing charges against Trump.

Every article notes some tidbit and says things are "heating up."   With all the "heating up" things should be white hot by now.  I think Glenn Kirschner summed it up best:

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Florida Oath Keeper believed Capitol riot was historic. Now he’s ‘embarrassed’

A Sarasota County man who stormed the U.S. Capitol with other members of the far-right Oath Keepers testified Monday that he believed they were participating in a historic “Bastille-type event” reminiscent of the French Revolution.

Graydon Young, a government witness at the seditious conspiracy trial of Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes and four associates, said he saw parallels between the mob that attacked the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, and the French people who “stood up and resisted kings and tyrants” more than two centuries ago.

“The people were obviously attacking the government and their function,” Young said during the trial’s fifth week of testimony.

Young, 57, of Englewood, said he came to Washington to fight against “the corrupt elements of the government” that were preparing to certify President Joe Biden’s 2020 electoral victory.

“I guess I was acting like a traitor,” he added.

Young, who is among 29 people from the greater Tampa Bay area charged in the Capitol riot, was the first Oath Keepers member to plead guilty to a conspiracy charge related to the Capitol attack. He was the second group member to testify for federal prosecutors at the trial under a cooperation agreement.

Rhodes, of Granbury, Texas, and four others are charged with seditious conspiracy for what authorities have described as a plot to stop the peaceful transfer of presidential power from Republican incumbent Donald Trump to Biden, the Democrat who won the 2020 election.

• Like 1

Dumb as a brick is an insult to bricks. Also, it doesn't say anything about restitution for the damaged equipment but I suspect the news agencies lawyers will be contacting this idiot...

Capitol rioter who bragged about destroying media equipment and told his friend he wanted to 'get busted' pleads guilty to Jan. 6 charges

A Virginia man who boasted about destroying media equipment outside the US Capitol on January 6, 2021, pleaded guilty on Friday to two felony counts related to the insurrection.

Joshua Dillon Haynes, 40, was originally charged with seven counts in connection to the siege following his July 2021 arrest, including acts of physical violence and violent entry. But as the government works to prosecute the more than 900 people arrested in connection with the attack, federal prosecutors have offered some rioters lesser charges in exchange for their guilty pleas.

On Friday, Haynes pleaded guilty to one felony count of obstruction of an official proceeding and one felony count of destruction of property. The two charges carry a possible 25-year maximum sentence, though Haynes' plea deal indicates he will likely face between 27 to 33 months in prison when he is sentenced in January.

https://news.yahoo.com/capitol-rioter-bragged-destroying-media-020528079.html

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Dumb as a brick is an insult to bricks. Also, it doesn't say anything about restitution for the damaged equipment but I suspect the news agencies lawyers will be contacting this idiot...

Capitol rioter who bragged about destroying media equipment and told his friend he wanted to 'get busted' pleads guilty to Jan. 6 charges

A Virginia man who boasted about destroying media equipment outside the US Capitol on January 6, 2021, pleaded guilty on Friday to two felony counts related to the insurrection.

Joshua Dillon Haynes, 40, was originally charged with seven counts in connection to the siege following his July 2021 arrest, including acts of physical violence and violent entry. But as the government works to prosecute the more than 900 people arrested in connection with the attack, federal prosecutors have offered some rioters lesser charges in exchange for their guilty pleas.

On Friday, Haynes pleaded guilty to one felony count of obstruction of an official proceeding and one felony count of destruction of property. The two charges carry a possible 25-year maximum sentence, though Haynes' plea deal indicates he will likely face between 27 to 33 months in prison when he is sentenced in January.

https://news.yahoo.com/capitol-rioter-bragged-destroying-media-020528079.html

In Virginia, he'll lose his voting rights for about 10 years. That's a win.

• Like 4

House January 6 committee ‘in discussions’ with Trump’s attorneys for him to testify under oath, Cheney says

The House select committee investigating the January 6, 2021, insurrection is “in discussions” with former President Donald Trump’s attorneys about testifying under oath in the probe, Republican Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming, the vice chairwoman of the panel, said Tuesday.

Cheney’s comments came days after CNN reported that Trump’s team formally agreed to accept service of a subpoena issued to him by the House panel seeking documents and testimony from the former president. Publicly, the response by Trump’s team has been limited to a rambling letter sent to committee members that attacked their work and declining to say whether Trump would agree to a sworn deposition.

Stil, Trump faces a Friday deadline to respond to the committee’s subpoena for documents, and a November 14 deadline for testimony. Cheney said during an event about the threat of political violence in Cleveland, Ohio, that the former President “has an obligation to comply,” but the panel has not yet made determinations about the format of his potential testimony.

“It’ll be done under oath. It’ll be done, potentially, over multiple days,” Cheney said, describing the committee’s preferences for Trump’s testimony. This is not a situation where the committee finds itself at the “mercy of Donald Trump,” she added.

donald-trump-not-going-to-happen.gif

• Like 1

Judge dismisses Meadows lawsuit against Jan. 6 committee

A federal judge has thrown out Mark Meadows’ year-old lawsuit over subpoenas from the House’s Jan. 6 select committee, concluding that the former White House chief of staff was constitutionally barred from bringing it in the first place.

In a 27-page ruling issued Monday night, U.S. District Court Judge Carl Nichols said that the Constitution’s “speech or debate” clause — which prohibits lawsuits against lawmakers for anything associated with their legislative work — applied in the case of the committee’s subpoenas to Meadows issued in the fall of 2021.

“The record makes clear that the challenged subpoenas are protected legislative acts,” Nichols wrote in the decision.

Meadows is likely to appeal the ruling, effectively putting his testimony out of reach for the Jan. 6 select committee, which is slated to dissolve at the end of the year. Meadows’ attorney, George Terwilliger, said: “We will review the decision carefully and consider any further steps that may be appropriate.’'

The ruling, however could have implications for many of the other suits filed against the Jan. 6 committee by Trump allies — many of which have similarly landed in Nichols’ court.

• Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, China said:

House January 6 committee ‘in discussions’ with Trump’s attorneys for him to testify under oath, Cheney says

The House select committee investigating the January 6, 2021, insurrection is “in discussions” with former President Donald Trump’s attorneys about testifying under oath in the probe, Republican Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming, the vice chairwoman of the panel, said Tuesday.

Cheney’s comments came days after CNN reported that Trump’s team formally agreed to accept service of a subpoena issued to him by the House panel seeking documents and testimony from the former president. Publicly, the response by Trump’s team has been limited to a rambling letter sent to committee members that attacked their work and declining to say whether Trump would agree to a sworn deposition.

Stil, Trump faces a Friday deadline to respond to the committee’s subpoena for documents, and a November 14 deadline for testimony. Cheney said during an event about the threat of political violence in Cleveland, Ohio, that the former President “has an obligation to comply,” but the panel has not yet made determinations about the format of his potential testimony.

“It’ll be done under oath. It’ll be done, potentially, over multiple days,” Cheney said, describing the committee’s preferences for Trump’s testimony. This is not a situation where the committee finds itself at the “mercy of Donald Trump,” she added.

Bs.

Why on earth would Trump testify to a hostile committee?

What you will see is in January after the gop congress disbands the 1/6 committee, you will see Trump come in and testify to a gop committee to debunk the 1/6 committee.

12 hours ago, China said:

Trump will suddenly agree to testify right around January 3rd when the Republicans take the house. Then Gym Jordan can ask him tough questions like, "Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?" 

• Haha 4