Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

What Happened to the Jan. 6 Insurrectionists Arrested Since the Capitol Riot

More than 840 people have been arrested for storming the U.S. Capitol building on Jan. 6, 2021, with charges ranging from obstruction of an official proceeding to assault. But 17 months after the attempted insurrection, a significant number of rioters are still awaiting their sentencing.

Only around a quarter of those arrested—185 individuals—have received criminal sentences, while the rest are waiting for their trials or haven’t yet reached plea agreements. According to the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia, 80 defendants were sentenced to periods of incarceration, with longer prison terms for those who engaged in violence or threats. So far, the median prison sentence for the Jan. 6 rioters is 45 days. An additional 57 rioters have been sentenced to periods of home detention, while most sentences have included fines, community service and probation for low-level offenses like illegally parading or demonstrating in the Capitol, which is a misdemeanor.

Hundreds of additional cases are expected to be adjudicated in the coming months, with a number of sentencing hearings already on the calendar this fall.

Here’s a look at what happened to 14 of the most high-profile Jan. 6 rioters.

Click on the link for more

New documentary footage reveals Pence reacting to a resolution calling for him to invoke 25th amendment to remove Trump from power

The documentary film crew subpoenaed by the January 6 committee interviewed former Vice President Mike Pence on January 12, 2021, a day before the House of Representatives voted to impeach then-President Donald Trump for inciting the Capitol riot.

In a clip of the documentary from filmmaker Alex Holder, which was obtained by CNN, Pence is shown an email by a member of his staff that includes the draft House resolution demanding that Pence invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Trump from power, according to the documentary.

Pence tells his aide, "Yeah, excellent" as he is handed the phone with the email. He then offers a pained smirk and asks the aide to "tell Zach to print me off a hard copy for the trip home." Pence then collects himself for the rest of the interview.

The next clip shows Pence saying, "I am always hopeful about America," juxtaposed against the backdrop of crews erecting security fencing around the Capitol building.

The footage of Pence's interview, which has not been previously released, was captured less than a week after pro-Trump rioters stormed the US Capitol in an effort to stop the certification of Joe Biden's election win. Pence had to be evacuated to safety amid calls from rioters to "Hang Mike Pence."

The same evening that Pence was interviewed, the House passed the resolution calling for Pence to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Trump from power and deem him unfit for office. Only one Republican, Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois, voted in favor of the resolution, which was effectively a symbolic vote taken one day before the House impeached Trump for a second time on January 13, 2021.

After the vote, Pence sent a letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi saying he would not invoke the 25th Amendment. "Last week, I did not yield to pressure to exert power beyond my constitutional authority to determine the outcome of the election, and I will not now yield to efforts in the House of Representatives to play political games at a time so serious in the life of our nation," Pence wrote.

In the short clip of the documentary set to be released by Discovery Plus, which is owned by CNN's parent company, Pence does not comment on the substance of the resolution.

Click on the link for the full article

2 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I want Cassidy Hutchinson to just start tossing everyone under the bus lol...disappointed that she didn't talk to Idiot Taylor Greed...

I did get the impression she wasn't a fan of MTG in the way she talked though

• Like 3

• Cooked Crack changed the title to The Trump Riot Aftermath (The "You just got served" phase)