Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

3 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

I believe that national guard was recommended based on intelligence and someone dropped the ball. The few capitol police that were there were not sufficient. If Pelosi turning them down is "misinformation" then who did? 

This has been fact checked and debunked. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/07/28/false-gop-claim-that-pelosi-turned-down-national-guard-before-jan-6-attack/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/12/16/fact-check-no-trump-request-10000-guard-troops-jan-6/8929215002/

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-235651652542

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/pelosi-national-guard-capitol/

You've clearly been listening to the right wing media echo chamber and are just repeating what you read and see there. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I can post just as many articles proving the contrary. It's the mainstream battle of "your sources are misinformation, not mine" and everyone calling each other fake news.

It's why I typically only post polling data and opinions of former Democrats that are against the current state of the Democratic party. Can't call that stuff misinformation or fake news.

People ignore any points I do make (like how everyone brushed over the Kavanaugh stuff) and claim everything else is a Republican "talking point"... Like that matters? Everything is a talking point. People do care about what's being taught in schools, people do care about inflation and gas prices, people do want to see riots stop regardless of which political party they are birthed from. If I'm repeating talking points it's because I care about those issues.

Its amazing the lengths people will go to, to defend what is historically a terrible presidential administration. You don't like Trump, we get it. Start taking some ownership about what YOU are doing wrong currently and stop trying to distract the American people from it

Edited by Forever A Redskin

5 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

I can post just as many articles proving the contrary. It's the mainstream battle of "your sources are misinformation, not mine" and everyone calling each other fake news.

Then post them. Put up or shut up.

How many cite sources outside of Kevin McCarthy? How many are by reputable and respected news organizations as opposed to right wing blogs?

There's been literally zero evidence to support the claim that Trump wanted to send National Guard troops but Pelosi turned it down. None. It's a claim Trump made and which was then parroted by his sycophants and right wing media. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Then post them. Put up or shut up.

How many cite sources outside of Kevin McCarthy? How many are by reputable and respected news organizations as opposed to right wing blogs?

https://www.nationalguard.mil/News/Article/2466077/dod-details-national-guard-response-to-capitol-attack/

Direct from the national guard. Bowser didn't request more help until 2pm. Why? They had the intelligence ahead of time.

People still aren't answering my question of who dropped the ball. Can we agree security was insufficient and that it likely would have prevented Jan 6th? Why is that so difficult. Or are we just obsessed with blaming it all on Trump instead of talking about how it could have been prevented, and how stuff like this can be prevented in the future?

If you're so worried about Trump, the solution is easy. Present a better candidate. You can't cancel everything you don't like.

37 minutes ago, Burgold said:

But you probably have to be a Trump fan to believe the election was stolen. 

Look at what we know:

Every court challenge failed

Guiliani admitted before a judge there was no fraud

Bill Barr said he looked and found no fraud and that the allegations of fraud are bull****

Ivanka Trump said there was no fraud

that company that promised to find fraud in Arizona and got access to everything couldn’t find any fraud

in fact, the only cases of proven fraud were done by people fraudulently voting for Trump. 

The pussification of America. I don't stand with the Republicans. I'm not a fan of this mail in president though

40 minutes ago, JCB said:

People aren't teaching gender ideology.

Vaccine mandates were absolutely necessary, and we should have done more. I'm against Americans dying unnecessarily.

You. are. being. manipulated.

Please provide more info on all of this. Especially the part where the vaccine is effective

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

https://www.nationalguard.mil/News/Article/2466077/dod-details-national-guard-response-to-capitol-attack/

Direct from the national guard. Bowser didn't request more help until 2pm. Why? They had the intelligence ahead of time.

1) There's precisely nothing in there that even mentions Pelosi or the right wing claim that you're parroting about Trump wanting to send National Guard and her turning him down. Nothing.

2) There's precisely one mention of Bowser: "But the protests turned into a mob rioting through the halls, chambers and offices of the U.S. Capitol. At around 2 p.m., D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser requested more assistance. Acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller immediately called up 1,100 members of the D.C. National Guard."

Do you even read the links you provide?

Face it. The bull**** "OMG Pelosi refused assistance!" talking point you're chucking around is nonsense and pure misinformation that Trump supporters are throwing at the wall, and right wing sycophants ran with, to try and deflect and distract from the fact that Trump himself refused to deploy the National Guard and pushed back against any suggestions to stop his supporters who were rioting.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

1) There's precisely nothing in there that even mentions Pelosi or the right wing claim that you're parroting about Trump wanting to send National Guard and her turning him down. Nothing.

2) There's precisely one mention of Bowser: But the protests turned into a mob rioting through the halls, chambers and offices of the U.S. Capitol. At around 2 p.m., D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser requested more assistance. Acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller immediately called up 1,100 members of the D.C. National Guard.

Do you even read the links you provide?

Face it. The bull**** "OMG Pelosi refused assistance!" talking point you're chucking around is nonsense and pure misinformation that Trump supporters are throwing at the wall, and right wing sycophants ran with, to try and deflect and distract from the fact that Trump himself refused to deploy the National Guard and pushed back against any suggestions to stop his supporters who were rioting.

Once again youre obsessed with picking apart sources and didn't answer the questions that followed in my post. I stated earlier that if it wasn't Pelosi, then who dropped the ball? Was it Bowser? They had the Intel ahead of time. I'm trying to have a conversation about how the security was insufficient, and how we can prevent stuff like this in the future... And everyone is just obsessed with owning each other's sources. "See! Haha! I told you! Right wing tin foil hatter! Look at him!"

The problem is you aren't willing to entertain any questions of who was at fault for January 6th other than Donald Trump. You can't handle it.

If you wanna keep focusing on Trump, do you man. Polling shows the average American could give a hoot about this committee.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

I believe that national guard was recommended based on intelligence and someone dropped the ball. The few capitol police that were there were not sufficient. If Pelosi turning them down is "misinformation" then who did? 

Riots need to stop. Regardless of the cause they are birthed from. I don't care if it's BLM, Trump, whatever. Security needs to directly reflect the level of threat. We were not prepared for January 6th and I believe it could have been avoided with national guard assisting capitol police.

Trump declined to call the DoD to call out the DC National Guard. That's the chain of command. President to DoD to state/DC National Guard. It's been documented long ago right after the insurrection when this question was raised. 

So Trump, to answer your question, along with the insurrection plans. Most Republicans in the Senate refused to do their duty and remove Trump after he was impeached in the House. 

Just now, LadySkinsFan said:

Trump declined to call the DoD to call out the DC National Guard. That's the chain of command. President to DoD to state/DC National Guard. It's been documented long ago right after the insurrection when this question was raised. 

So Trump, to answer your question, along with the insurrection plans. Most Republicans in the Senate refused to do their duty and remove Trump after he was impeached in the House. 

Trump himself as a source stated he had national guard at the ready and recommended them. I believe he is telling the truth until something like this committee proves otherwise.

Just now, RoseHill said:

You fellas really got to quit watching the news. Go fishing and try and think for your selves

I like this guy.

I don't watch the news. I consume alternative media sources. Most of them defected Democrats sick of the establishment.

5 minutes ago, RoseHill said:

The pussification of America. I don't stand with the Republicans. I'm not a fan of this mail in president though

Please provide more info on all of this. Especially the part where the vaccine is effective

If you're someone who cries about having to wear a mask, you have a lot of nerve calling others "pussified". 

Just now, Forever A Redskin said:

Once again youre obsessed with picking apart sources and didn't answer the questions that followed in my post. I stated earlier that if it wasn't Pelosi, then who dropped the ball? Was it Bowser? They had the Intel ahead of time. I'm trying to have a conversation about how the security was insufficient, and how we can prevent stuff like this in the future... And everyone is just obsessed with owning each other's sources. "See! Haha! I told you! Right wing tin foil hatter! Look at him!"

The problem is you aren't willing to entertain any questions of who was at fault for January 6th other than Donald Trump. You can't handle it.

If you wanna keep focusing on Trump, do you man.

Who exactly are you focusing on? Pretty much all of the actual evidence we have so far shows that literally everyone but Trump was doing everything they could to try and stop the rioters and keep the people in Congress safe.

Everyone (including notable Trump haters such as Sean Hannity, Kevin McCarthy, and Donald Trump Jr) was pretty much begging him to do something, and he repeatedly refused and balked at the idea.

So given that, who exactly do you suggest we focus on instead of Trump...the one person who had more power to stop all of this than anyone else and who refused?

2 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Trump himself as a source stated he had national guard at the ready and recommended them. I believe he is telling the truth until something like this committee proves otherwise.

I like this guy.

I don't watch the news. I consume alternative media sources. Most of them defected Democrats sick of the establishment.

You believe that ****ing liar Trump? He's so full of bull**** he can never be trusted. Everything out of his mouth is self-serving and a lie. 

• Like 1

Just so we're clear...Donald Trump, the guy with a documented history of lying that's probably longer than the circumference of the Earth (especially when it's to make himself look better or cover up for himself), should be believe implicitly, but all of the other sources saying that never happened should be assumed to be lying?

Edited by mistertim
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Just so we're clear...Donald Trump, the guy with a documented history of lying that's probably longer than the circumference of the Earth (especially when it's to make himself look better or cover up for himself), should be believe implicitly, but all of the other sources saying that never happened should be assumed to be lying?

Until he testifies otherwise under oath, I don't believe he lied on this matter. I don't think he wanted his supporters to storm the capital. I think he wanted a protest. That's it. You can't blame the extremism of a minority on an entire political party or person. Unless you think BLM is directly responsible for the murders and billions in damage from the riots in summer of 20?

If youre so convinced he did lie, we should see a great outcome for the Democrats from this committee, yes?

Not to mention, this committee is 100 percent partisan. I'm interested in the outcome, just like I'm interested in the outcome of the Republicans investigation of January 6th they say they will be launching soon. From the facts of both, I will form my own opinion. For now I stand behind the security not being sufficient and that it could have been prevented. 

4 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

He claims not to be a big fan of Trump and yet is quick to take a known liar at his word....

Believing him on certain things doesn't make someone a big fan. I'm also a fan of him when it comes to the economy, like 52 percent of Americans did when polled.  So what?

You honestly believe someone could override the President or the Secretary of Defense on the deployment of National Guard? Use some common sense. 

And you honestly believe Trump would send the National Guard against his own supporters? Of course you don't. 

The people on the Capitol Police board that could've requested National Guard before the 6th, as in the Sergeants Irving/Stenger were apponted by Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnell. if you even had a small point, you'd be asking why they're not investigating Pelosi and Mitch McConnell. (and you'd have to believe Steve Sund word for word on this who obviously along with Irving/Stenger look real bad in hindsight) 

But obviously they're not being investigated because they weren't on those boards, they just appointed the Sergeants. 

But no one really cares about your point, its an afterthought. 

The mob showed up because Trump and Republican leaders lied about the election being stolen.

If they don't face any accountability for lying and inciting an insurrection, which is likely, then ultimately no one will care about these hearings. 

7 minutes ago, Mooka said:

You honestly believe someone could override the President or the Secretary of Defense on the deployment of National Guard? Use some common sense. 

And you honestly believe Trump would send the National Guard against his own supporters? Of course you don't. 

The people on the Capitol Police board that could've requested National Guard before the 6th, as in the Sergeants Irving/Stenger were apponted by Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnell. if you even had a small point, you'd be asking why they're not investigating Pelosi and Mitch McConnell. (and you'd have to believe Steve Sund word for word on this who obviously along with Irving/Stenger look real bad in hindsight) 

But obviously they're not being investigated because they weren't on those boards, they just appointed the Sergeants. 

But no one really cares about your point, its an afterthought. 

The mob showed up because Trump and Republican leaders lied about the election being stolen.

If they don't face any accountability for lying and inciting an insurrection, which is likely, then ultimately no one will care about these hearings. 

I DID ask why they aren't investigating Pelosi and Mitch. A lot of people are..

And I agree. Like I stated from the beginning... This committee is a partisan political grandstanding move by the Democrats they strategically waited until right before midterms to trot out. Nothing will come of it. Nothing. Not to mention, the American people don't care. It was the previous president, and it was over a year and a half ago. No one believes the Democrats when they try to compare it to 9-11. The American people have moved on and want answers on things like the inflation, economy, and gas prices. They want answers from the current president. Unfortunately, he can barely form sentences.

I really hope the Dems continue to waste all of their time and energy on this kind of stuff instead of the things people really care about. It will be their demise.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

31 minutes ago, RoseHill said:

There are threads that cover much of this.  There is a whole thread on Covid and the vaccine.

You want stuff about the vaccine search that thread or at least put your question there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Until he testifies otherwise under oath, I don't believe he lied on this matter. I don't think he wanted his supporters to storm the capital. I think he wanted a protest. That's it. You can't blame the extremism of a minority on an entire political party or person. Unless you think BLM is directly responsible for the murders and billions in damage from the riots in summer of 20?

If youre so convinced he did lie, we should see a great outcome for the Democrats from this committee, yes?

Not to mention, this committee is 100 percent partisan. I'm interested in the outcome, just like I'm interested in the outcome of the Republicans investigation of January 6th they say they will be launching soon. From the facts of both, I will form my own opinion. For now I stand behind the security not being sufficient and that it could have been prevented. 

Trump has a history of not only refusing to do anything under oath but also refusing to allow anyone in his administration to testify under oath. I remember reading about how his lawyers reportedly were trying to get him ready to testify under oath to the Mueller investigation but they pulled out and insisted on only written answers after they started practicing and realized that Trump simply couldn't stop himself from lying and would pretty much immediately perjure himself.

So to sum everything up: you believe Trump implicitly (even though he's been caught lying an almost uncountable number of times) and you disbelieve everyone else implicitly (no matter how many of them or who it is).

...but you're totally not a huge Trump guy.

:ols:

• Thanks 2

God****ingdammit now we got two of these idiots blathering at each other.  

Of all the asinine muck being raked upthread, probably nothing more laughably stupid than pointing to “polling data” as the one pillar of truth and only thing worth posting.

Also, 100% partisan??  Tell me, who was that lady doing all the ****ing talking last night?  Who’s her ****ing dad again?  What’s the ****ing R stand for next to her name?  You know, the one doing ALL the talking last night.  Who the **** is she again?

”There will come a day when Donald Trump is gone, but your dishonor will remain.”

She’s talking about the other elected Republicans but it also applies to a couple absolute bricks in here.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, 86 Snyder said:

God****ingdammit now we got two of these idiots blathering at each other.  

Of all the asinine muck being raked upthread, probably nothing more laughably stupid than pointing to “polling data” as the one pillar of truth and only thing worth posting.

Also, 100% partisan??  Tell me, who was that lady doing all the ****ing talking last night?  Who’s her ****ing dad again?  What’s the ****ing R stand for next to her name?  You know, the one doing ALL the talking last night.  Who the **** is she again?

”There will come a day when Donald Trump is gone, but your dishonor will remain.”

She’s talking about the other elected Republicans but it also applies to a couple absolute bricks in here.

Considering the panel is made up of all people that voted to impeach trump and they refused multiple Republicans from serving on the committee.... Yes, I'd call it partisan. Anyone with a brain can see that it is.

These pages make me sad and angry. If we can’t convince other Americans of the truth when our country is at stake what else is there but civil war? 

They have no critical thinking, no principles, and will watch our country die with no issues. What else is left but to fight and eradicate them? They are a cancer until they prove otherwise. 

I think actually what’s happening here is that someone in this thread is a little bit triggered by the televised hearings and they’re frightened and lashing out to try and assuage their insecurities.

And it’s only been one night.  Gotta try and pace yourself, MagaKlan. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1