Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

29 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Priorities should be:

1. Get vaccinated

2. See priority #1

3. Wear a mask.

4. Eat healthier...and get some exercise.

If someone checked into a hospital with lung cancer, would you be wrong to admonish him to stop smoking?

Not at all, but lung cancer also isn't contagious and is almost always a direct result of smoking.

Either way, I'm not saying people are wrong about obesity being an issue, I'm saying it drives me nuts when people (especially those with a large and public profile and the accompanying potential for having a lot of influence) make statements focusing on that instead of on vaccines and masks. It's almost always just disingenuous anti-vax and/or anti-mask gaslighting in the guise of being truly concerned about obesity.

I think we should save that talk for after we get this immediate public health emergency under a bit more control.

Edited by mistertim
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

On 9/1/2021 at 6:59 AM, LD0506 said:

SORRYANTIVAXXER.COM

Welcome to sorryantivaxxer.com, a repository of stories of anti-vaxxers who died or came close to dying of COVID needlessly from their own scientifically un-sound and stubborn beliefs. 

https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/

This is unreal to read. Putting faces to these numbers.  So young.

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

Wear a mask, get vaccinated, AND EAT HEALTHY. We are a nation of fat ****s, and the typical American diet is crap. It's good when people call out the country on this.

It’s crazy.  The left is all about follow the science and  the science says there’s a direct correlation between obesity and Covid, but God forbid anybody actually say it out loud.  It may offend someone

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, mojo said:

It’s crazy.  The left is all about follow the science and  the science says there’s a direct correlation between obesity and Covid, but God forbid anybody actually say it out loud.  It may offend someone

Say anything on the internet, it's almost a guarantee that you'll find a group of people willing to wheel out the guillotine.  

I doubt you'll find anyone who'll say eating healthy and working out is a bad idea.  I also doubt you'll find any medical expert who'll say that eating healthy and exercising is our ticket out of this pandemic.  People can walk and chew at the same time.  Get vaxxed.  Wear a mask.  Get healthier.  All great ideas. Some carry more urgency with respect to the pandemic and is easier to accomplish in the short term.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

36 minutes ago, mojo said:

How did you get to "God Forbid anybody say it out loud" when in the MSN article itself it says that the CEO posted his opinion and "some commenters knocked Newman for fat shaming".  How does "some commenters" rise to the entirety of the left of this country and "God Forbid"?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

How did you get to "God Forbid anybody say it out loud" when in the MSN article itself it says that the CEO posted his opinion and "some commenters knocked Newman for fat shaming".  How does "some commenters" rise to the entirety of the left of this country and "God Forbid"?

B913C9DE-30E0-431E-A4BA-83E45AD51D5E.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Oh c’mon you know the drill. I think Jack Donaghy from 30 Rock summed up the left best when he said “all the left want to do is raise taxes and make it legal to marry your dog.”

Edited by mojo

1 hour ago, mojo said:

I’m pretty sure we’ve been over this before with you.  

It’s a bit too late for fat people to protect themselves with a healthy diet and exercise.  I think you would also be surprised to see what constitutes as ‘obese’ as well.  We tend to think that word is reserved for people who are visibly very fat, but that’s not really the case.  I bet there are a lot of folks who are considered obese that don’t even know it.

But people don’t just go for a walk, eat a few salads, and become non-obese.  It takes months and some times years to shed a lot of weight.  

By far the fastest and most effective way to avoid getting really ill from Covid is to get vaccinated.  That is a fact.  

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

What the hell is 30 Rock?

C’mon.  It’s a super funny series from about 20 years ago.  It’s does poke fun at people so it would probably offend you, on the other hand, it stars Alec Baldwin who is a card carrying bleeding heart liberal so you may enjoy that aspect.

A00131AB-3761-4451-8F59-0EBB5D4CD41E.jpeg

2 minutes ago, mojo said:

C’mon.  It’s a super funny series from about 20 years ago.  It’s does poke fun at people so it would probably offend you, on the other hand, it stars Alec Baldwin who is a card carrying bleeding heart liberal so you may enjoy that aspect.

A00131AB-3761-4451-8F59-0EBB5D4CD41E.jpeg

I don’t watch sitcoms.  I own businesses, stack paper and travel the world climbing volcanoes.  

Because I’m better than you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

24 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Mojo is just such a thick skinned badass.  I bet his jacked up truck is a billboard for all badass cool guy stuff like 1776, Trump, Don’t tread on me, confederate flag, and definitely a dude pissing on a Democrat.

Don’t forget the set of testicles that hang from the bumper.  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ball Security said:

This is unreal to read. Putting faces to these numbers.  So young.

wow, I really feel like this website needs to go viral. So many young people. Yes you can say they were mostly over weight. But honestly being over weight shouldn’t give you a death sentence in your 30s. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mojo said:

Oh c’mon you know the drill. I think Jack Donaghy from 30 Rock summed up the left best when he said “all the left want to do is raise taxes and make it legal to marry your dog.”

Actually I feel fairly certain that that was Rick Santorum.

Edited by mistertim
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Most of the people I know who were fat in their teens/20s are in very good shape now pushing 40/50.

Most of the people I know who were pretty fit in their teens/20s are sloppy fat now as they near middle-age.  

Go figure…

I'm in the first group.  Good to know.  

Edited by skinsmarydu
Clarify