Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

42 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Revisiting Tiger Woods golf.  '07 to be exact...Xbox 360.

Phenomenal.  Puts you in your place.

Only gripes are the higher difficulties are pretty much judging how perfect your analog "swing" is.  Like, the analog stick is EVERYTHING.

So the character I maxed-out, only gets a 3 Wood...a 1 Iron, a 5 iron, a pitching wedge, sand wedge and putter.

Difficulty on easy.

Great stuff.

does it have the option for 3 click swing?

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

does it have the option for 3 click swing?

Yeah, I'm used to that on the mouse.  I like the analog swing because it's more fun.  Gotta play on easy.  I'm used to handicapping myself on video games.  Prolly slap ya 10-0 on 1 vs. 1 in COD4. 😉

Jk.

• Haha 1

Speaking of swinging, I had no idea so much went into being able to get a decent hit in The Show. Spent most of last summer grinding my thumb into dust, trying to get that timing down. Bit once I did, it was pretty damn good.

Pretty sure I'll get Thumb Cancer from that entire ordeal though...

9 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Speaking of swinging, I had no idea so much went into being able to get a decent hit in The Show. Spent most of last summer grinding my thumb into dust, trying to get that timing down. Bit once I did, it was pretty damn good.

Scar tissue from manuevering the analog in COD here.  Tore the rubber o-ring grip off on over a dozen controllers, easily.

Don't you miss Ken Griffey Jr. on SNES?

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Prolly slap ya 10-0 on 1 vs. 1 in COD4. 😉

this is absolutely true 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

yeah I grabbed one of those years ago. Was all excited to play it and happy and then just never could hit so lost interest almost immediately. Like hitting wasn’t just difficult but it also wasn’t fun. Felt like punishment 

15 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

6 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Scar tissue from manuevering the analog in COD here.  Tore the rubber o-ring grip off on over a dozen controllers, easily.

Don't you miss Ken Griffey Jr. on SNES?

Is that better or worse than damage from the Fight Night games? Or the rage from them. 😁

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Is that better or worse than damage from the Fight Night games? Or the rage from them. 😁

Oh man, I bet that was rough.  Best fighting video game series.  And I grew up on all the SNES/Genesis stuff.  Fight Night 2 was my jam.  I know @Mr. Sinister would put some shame on my name in that game.

35 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Ken Griffey Jr SNES | Ken griffey jr., Ken griffey, St louis cardinals  baseball

CMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandhop was a bamma.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Push 🤣

It got so insane that not only did I break down the padding, the literal stick part snapped off and made a jagged sharp edge... And I kept going! Lol.

No game has ever had a hold on me like that . I had to wrap my thumbs for a few weeks

9 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Oh man, I bet that was rough.  Best fighting video game series.  And I grew up on all the SNES/Genesis stuff.  Fight Night 2 was my jam.  I know @Mr. Sinister would put some shame on my name in that game.

Fight Night is probably the only game that I could say that I was legitimately one of the best in the country, before you could put that to the test truly. Like, I was WASHING people. Didn't matter who I picked.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Push 🤣

It got so insane that not only did I break down the padding, the literal stick part snapped off and made a jagged sharp edge... And I kept going! Lol.

No game has ever had a hold on me like that . I had to wrap my thumbs for a few weeks

Fight Night is probably the only game that I could say that I was legitimately one of the best in the country, before you could put that to the test truly. Like, I was WASHING people. Didn't matter who I picked.

Good lord.  I remember those times back in the day I'd play tournaments with my friends in Mortal Kombat 1/2/3, Street Fighter II Turbo, Killer Instinct....

I was OK at Killer Instinct.  Bullcharge + memorized Ultra Combo.

The other two games?  I was the worst.  Loved the games though.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

this is absolutely true 

yeah I grabbed one of those years ago. Was all excited to play it and happy and then just never could hit so lost interest almost immediately. Like hitting wasn’t just difficult but it also wasn’t fun. Felt like punishment 

They set you up to make you think you can play classic, but you're just gonna hit grounder and fly outs all day, unless you mess with the Sliders.

Zone, and live-shadowing the ball in flight, was the only way to consistently get contact

3 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Good lord.  I remember those times back in the day I'd play tournaments with my friends in Mortal Kombat 1/2/3, Street Fighter II Turbo, Killer Instinct....

I was OK at Killer Instinct.  Bullcharge + memorized Ultra Combo.

The other two games?  I was the worst.  Loved the games though.

Yeah I still suck in MK. I was good in Tekken, but not good enough to really talk ish. Fight Night was my one and only wheelhouse

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah I still suck in MK. I was good in Tekken, but not good enough to really talk ish. Fight Night was my one and only wheelhouse

Amazing.  Same here.  I was really good at Halo, but not enough to talk.  Then I played COD...

Really, 95% of the crap I'd talk in COD was to was my own team.

Campers, man.

• Haha 1

Not even gonna try COD at this point. I'd probably drop dead before I even knew what happened, thinking my game had a bug or something 🤣

I don't know if that's an unintentionally clever slight to the series....because it's got more bugs than an abandoned Alabama supermarket.

Speaking of which, I heard the new Battlefield completely bombed due to bugs and whatnot.

Sad state, in FPS.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I don't know if that's an unintentionally clever slight to the series....because it's got more bugs than an abandoned Alabama supermarket.

Speaking of which, I heard the new Battlefield completely bombed due to bugs and whatnot.

Sad state, in FPS.

Nah I tried playing Modern Warfare 2 (the original) when it came out, and I was just getting cleaned up, every time 😂. **** had me contemplating life itself. I knew that wasn't my lane, so I've just stuck to the campaign modes mostly 

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Nah I tried playing Modern Warfare 2 (the original) when it came out, and I was just getting cleaned up, every time 😂. **** had me contemplating life itself. I knew that wasn't my lane, so I've just stuck to the campaign modes mostly 

Love how we have to decipher "the original".  Activision has totally jacked up the names to the games.  Using the exact same titles as the old legendary games.  Desperate, sad.

Activision jumped the shark a while ago.

I couldn't even defend the belt in Fight Night career mode.  I used so much head movement, the computer just closed the distance and beat me up to the body...then slapped me upside the dome when I was busy defending it.

Incredible game.  It's on my list to buy at the vintage place.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Revisiting Tiger Woods golf.  '07 to be exact...Xbox 360.

Phenomenal.  Puts you in your place.

Only gripes are the higher difficulties are pretty much judging how perfect your analog "swing" is.  Like, the analog stick is EVERYTHING.

So the character I maxed-out, only gets a 3 Wood...a 1 Iron, a 5 iron, a pitching wedge, sand wedge and putter.

Difficulty on easy.

Great stuff.

The Xbox 360 ones are when that game started to go downhill and it got too easy.  The first one or two on OG Xbox were the best.  They were actually somewhat challenging.  I remember on 360 people were scoring like -30 and better playing online.  You could drive like 400 yards.  It just got kind of stupid.

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

The Xbox 360 ones are when that game started to go downhill and it got too easy.  The first one or two on OG Xbox were the best.  They were actually somewhat challenging.  I remember on 360 people were scoring like -30 and better playing online.  You could drive like 400 yards.  It just got kind of stupid.

Exactly.  Tough to balance between it being too easy and too hard.  Handicapping my club selection helps a lot.

Hot Shots Golf was cool :kickcan:

Hot Shots Golf 5: Out of Bounds is the best golf game ever.  The online for it was incredible how they had tournaments.  And while it looks cartoonish, the mechanics were far from that.  It is super technical with a lot of fun aspects.

On another note...

Finally finished Elden Ring today.  

Apparently I got the best/secret ending according to this:

https://www.gamesradar.com/elden-ring-endings/

I was like level 176 or something when I beat it.  I found the final boss the toughest in the game.  I beat em with no flasks left too so it was close after like 10-12 tries.  

I doubt I will be putting much if anymore time into this game.  What an awesome ride it was.

• Like 1

Congrats!  If you haven't found this guy already, go to the isolated merchant shack in north Caelid and rest until morning and the merchant disappears. Walk out of the shack and have fun with the bell bearing hunter that appears.  Took me longer to beat him than it did to beat the final boss!

24 minutes ago, Buddha said:

Congrats!  If you haven't found this guy already, go to the isolated merchant shack in north Caelid and rest until morning and the merchant disappears. Walk out of the shack and have fun with the bell bearing hunter that appears.  Took me longer to beat him than it did to beat the final boss!

That’s crazy cause I beat the dude in like 20 seconds and the final

boss took me like 3 hours of tears. This is kinda what I like about the game. How so many people have can have so many different war stories lol

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

I doubt I will be putting much if anymore time into this game.  What an awesome ride it was.

Agree. Game had no business being as good as it was. 

The final boss was definitely the hardest in the game for me.  I heard everyone say Melania was but it took me like 3-4 tries to beat her.  And I don't even know if I used a rune arc to beat her.  I used like 10+ rune arcs and died on the final boss before finally beating him.  But I had like 45 of em so I was not running out lol.

What makes the Elden Beast so difficult is trying to close ground after it teleports when you're a melee centric build. As far as sheer difficulty Malenia, Maliketh and Mohg are brutal. Especially if you put away the spirit ashes.

• Like 1