Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Trebek, Jeopardy legend, passes from cancer.

The Evil Genius

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Just have to get this off my chest as an avid Jeopardy watcher.  The 4 minutes of talking to the guests is the worst 4 minutes on television, no matter who the host is.  Especially when it's a typical contestant (i.e. a librarian, lawyer, researcher, teacher) who has no personality, which is 90% of them and they win multiple rounds so you get to like the fifth time they have to try to say something interesting about themselves when they've already failed at it 4 times and they end up either (a) telling a not funny story about their cat, (b) telling an embarrassing and cringey anecdote about themselves or their spouse or (c) totally spacing and looking like a deer in headlights for their 30 seconds while Alex tries to pull them through to the end.  It's not the host, its the people the host has to work with.  

This is why I DVR every episode, so I can fast forward past that ****.  

Obligatory:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, tshile said:

Drew carry ran who’s line is it anyways first right?

and was in a tv show before that. Something a mocking Cleveland or something. 

The really early ones were the best...but glad that Brady got on there.  He's a genius on his feet. 

39 minutes ago, China said:

Obligatory

Yeah… lost in the “omg cancer” stuff is the fact that in reality he was a giant asshole

it was usually funny but only because he was being an asshole to someone other than you. 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 12:25 PM, Dan T. said:

I'm intrigued by this. With Conan's show signing off, he's got the time.  I would like to see him guest host and see how it goes.  He's sharp, funny, quick on his feet.  It could work.

Conan isn't finished, he's just taking a break before moving from TBS to HBO.

Mike Richards out as executive producer of 'Jeopardy!' and 'Wheel of Fortune'

Mike Richards will no longer serve as executive producer of the "Jeopardy!" and "Wheel of Fortune" game show franchises, a Sony executive said in a statement Tuesday.

Richards was tapped to succeed Alex Trebek as host of "Jeopardy!" but stepped down earlier this month amid intense scrutiny on his past comments about women, Jewish people and poor people.

"We had hoped that when Mike stepped down from the host position at 'Jeopardy!' it would have minimized the disruption and internal difficulties we have all experienced these last few weeks. That clearly has not happened," Sony Pictures Television executive Suzanne Prete said.

Click on the link for the full article

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...