Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Will Snyder be the owner by the start of the 2021 Season

86 Snyder

Will Snyder be the owner by the start of the 2021 Season  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Will Snyder be the owner by the start of the 2021 Season

7 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I'm also optimistic, but what you're posting sounds like the same bull**** sandwich that's been delivered to the fans for years. Many fans are upset over the name change, many fans want Dan gone, and the general public now knows about the predatory culture that we had going on. Where is all this new support going to come from? Washingtons value is about to tank, it's plain as day. 

There isn't new support. There are a lot of die hard fans who might not like what Dan is dong but won't stop supporting. This means buying. Majority of the fan don't care about Dan. They will still buy regardless. 

I voted no.

I think it will take some time, which is why I set the horizon for the question as the start of next season, but I think pressure will mount and eventually he will be forced out.

Between this story, the name, the stadium, and the minority partners, he is clearly ruining a once proud franchise and the league and other owners aren't going to tolerate it.  

This was the beginning of the end IMO.  Only question is how long it takes to force him out.  

14 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Again, I'm staying optimistic here. He's a liability, being a Skins fan doesn't matter as I don't expect Snyder to ever sell willingly. Money matters most and a full re-brand is not cheap, he's about to see how much his incompetence has cost him. Minority owners selling, lack of fans buying new gear or showing up to the games, it's honestly not going to be pretty imo. 

I am optimistic as well.  DC is the 6th biggest media market in the NFL.  This isn't Charlotte or Jacksonville.  Dan has run the team into ground.  The stadium is empty, the ratings are dropping.   The NFL wants a new stadium in DC as much as Dan does.  Owners want the NFL footprint back in DC.  If they think Dan's screwing it up I could see them making a move.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's funny that so many folks say proud franchise...yet with a supposed racist name. The two don't really go together. 

Dan's not going anywhere. I for one, have never seen anything even close to racist behavior. He's brought in an electrifying black qb, a hof black running back. A diverse group of staff. The only thing that he is responsible for that was a huge mistake was not maintaining an excellent playing surface. He's never been cheap. He bought the team with an essentially terrible stadium and tried to improve it several times. He wants a new stadium same as the rest of us. He'll eventually get there. 

He'll be back. The league has no grounds to force him out. 

~KH 2¢

Good companies are not good because of luck.  Bad ones aren't bad because of great effort.  We are what we are because of the owner and until that changes....  The fact is Snyder wouldn't hire anyone like him to be in any of his businesses.  Too bad he lacks the character and courage to look in the mirror and realize he has thousands of employees and millions of fans who want to see him go away and realize that, for his sake and for the sake of all of the Washington stakeholders, he should sell the team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...