Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

6 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

She's haughty.  I'm not wrong.

41 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I'm starting to wonder if you guys even know what started this.

This was her twitter post from last night.

So essentially she talked about being screwed over by a waiter and all hell broke loose on Twitter.  I guess I'm confused about the backlash on that one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'm starting to wonder if you guys even know what started this.

This was her twitter post from last night.

So essentially she talked about being screwed over by a waiter and all hell broke loose on Twitter.  I guess I'm confused about the backlash on that one. 

I'm confused as to how YOU'RE confused about being so filthy rich that being "screwed over by a waiter" on a 13k bottle of wine and being able to view it as a pain in the ass is something you can complain about.  No self reflection about "Hey, some people might view me as a spoiled brat during a pandemic when people are struggling to pay bills and rent, maybe griping about a 13,000 dollar bottle of wine isn't the best look right now..."

But oh, she's soooooo relatable!!! 

2 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

As much as I like her, I agree with Spiff. 

What's a steak cost in that place?  I'm guessing about $100,000. 

Know where the **** you are.  And if you care about money, READ THE DAMN WINE LIST/MENU BEFORE YOU ORDER. 

**** the wine, I want to see what a 100k steak looks/tastes like.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

As much as I like her, I agree with Spiff. 

What's a steak cost in that place?  I'm guessing about $100,000. 

Know where the **** you are.  And if you care about money, READ THE DAMN WINE LIST/MENU BEFORE YOU ORDER. 

I suspect the restaurant likely had hundreds of listings of wine (probably prices weren't all listed too). If I am reading their situation correctly, they likely asked for a recommendation for a wine, not expecting that the server would be recommending a 13k bottle (or at least without mentioning the price).

In all seriousness though, who recommends doing that to customers at a restaurant? A server that doesn't want to get tipped?

As for the story being out of touch during a pandemic. Yeah I guess I can see that. Not sure when this occurred since most of Cali has been on lockdown for almost a year now. Not that makes a difference, I guess. 

Either way, she's funny, raunchy, and more normal than most celebs I follow. 

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I suspect the restaurant likely had hundreds of listings of wine (probably prices weren't all listed too). If I am reading their situation correctly, they likely asked for a recommendation for a wine, not expecting that the server would be recommending a 13k bottle (or at least without mentioning the price).

In all seriousness though, who recommends doing that to customers at a restaurant? A server that doesn't want to get tipped?

As for the story being out of touch during a pandemic. Yeah I guess I can see that. Not sure when this occurred since most of Cali has been on lockdown for almost a year now. Not that makes a difference, I guess. 

Either way, she's funny, raunchy, and more normal than most celebs I follow. 

I'll bet you almost anything that the server knew damn well who they were waiting on & also probably recommended something great, and never expected to be bashed publicly for doing their job, sales/service...the fact that she didn't like the price is on her.  (I'm also assuming it was properly presented, tasted, and approved before the pour.) 

I like her too...just sayin'...she's obviously never done the job, so she should stay in her lane on that one. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I'll bet you almost anything that the server knew damn well who they were waiting on & also probably recommended something great, and never expected to be bashed publicly for doing their job, sales/service...the fact that she didn't like the price is on her.  (I'm also assuming it was properly presented, tasted, and approved before the pour.) 

I like her too...just sayin'...she's obviously never done the job, so she should stay in her lane on that one. 

Tbf, her family ran a tavern in Washington state. I'd guess she probably waited tables or helped in some way (assuming she's like every other food place owners kid). 

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Tbf, her family ran a tavern in Washington state. I'd guess she probably waited tables or helped in some way (assuming she's like every other food place owners kid). 

OK.  Even more reason for her to stay in her rich ass lane and not abuse salespeople publicly.  (And yes, half of the job is sales.) 

You're a good dude, let's just drop it.

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

I'm happy with just going past Ruth's Chris every few years. 😆

That said, the crazy expensive ribeye from Wolfgang Puck's Cut in Vegas was probably my most memorable steak ever. 

I was always promised a trip to Ruth's Chris and never got one!  :ols:

Just now, skinsmarydu said:

And my admiration for celebrity chefs stops with Wolfgang Puck.  He's a genius.  His copper cookware is unmatched, as well. 

Copper?  Bougie, bougie!  I've been wanting a good copper pan for awhile, it's on the list of things to get.  Until then, the cast iron skillet will have to do.