Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

10 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Cleveland exercise the 5th year option on Njoku.

How does the option play into if he’s traded? Is he essentially under contract for 2 years now?

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

AS for Morneau and Collins--they were misused by a tongue-chewing babbling idiot of a defensive coordinator and all his merry morons. Fuller had an injury, as I recall. Davis is a stop-gap. I predicted Collins would underwhelm here b/c our coaches were morons, and Allen just felt like Collins would work out, without any real thought or plan behind it. I fully expect JDR to maximize our talent. If they struggle next year, adios.

While all of that may be true, you’re still banking on a lot of resurgences. Also, for a Fuller, he had a thumb injury that caused him to miss some games but he didn’t look at that great playing out of position. 

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

How does the option play into if he’s traded? Is he essentially under contract for 2 years now?

that second year becomes gtd for injury only, I believe. Fully gtds at the start of the next league year. 

I’m guessing that makes it less appealing to trade for him. If he gets injured badly you’d automatically be on the hook for that 5th year option salary.

9 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

that second year becomes gtd for injury only, I believe. Fully gtds at the start of the next league year. 

I’m guessing that makes it less appealing to trade for him. If he gets injured badly you’d automatically be on the hook for that 5th year option salary.

It makes absolutely no sense from a Cleveland perspective. 

9 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

While all of that may be true, you’re still banking on a lot of resurgences. Also, for a Fuller, he had a thumb injury that caused him to miss some games but he didn’t look at that great playing out of position. 

I expect more out of Morneau and Collins, simply by being in a better scheme. Fuller wasn't as good in KC as he was here...it's interesting. So, we'll see what JDR does with them all. I expect better over all--how much? We'll see.

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

I expect more out of Morneau and Collins, simply by being in a better scheme. Fuller wasn't as good in KC as he was here...it's interesting. So, we'll see what JDR does with them all. I expect better over all--how much? We'll see.

It’s Moreau (sorry, it was driving me crazy). Fuller also only had one good season here and while he showed a lot, it’s hard to fathom he can be a #1 corner since he’s had more bad seasons than good.

Should the Redskins try to pick up Jadeveon Clowney for a ridiculously superior defense? He'd be expensive and probably not worth the money, but at the same time, he'd be in a ridiculous defense where he could shine, have fun, and be fun to watch. If nothing else, simply sign him for a year. I just want to watch a show. I know our offense is going to need a season or so to get into the swing of things, but I just really, really wanna be able to watch the redskins this year and clap and sing the praises of our defense! I know we just signed Chase Young and our line is so great, but just imagine being able to watch these defense ends go crazy and always be rotating!

Just now, SkinnyRed84 said:

Should the Redskins try to pick up Jadeveon Clowney for a ridiculously superior defense? He'd be expensive and probably not worth the money, but at the same time, he'd be in a ridiculous defense where he could shine, have fun, and be fun to watch. If nothing else, simply sign him for a year. I just want to watch a show. I know our offense is going to need a season or so to get into the swing of things, but I just really, really wanna be able to watch the redskins this year and clap and sing the praises of our defense! I know we just signed Chase Young and our line is so great, but just imagine being able to watch these defense ends go crazy and always be rotating!

It would be very fun to watch. Would it stunt the growth of Sweat or Young?

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

It’s Moreau (sorry, it was driving me crazy). Fuller also only had one good season here and while he showed a lot, it’s hard to fathom he can be a #1 corner since he’s had more bad seasons than good.

Yeah, that would make me crazy too...my bad...

How does Fuller rate as a FS? I know they plan on moving him around. He might be one-year-wonder, one of the reasons I had no problem kicking Dunbar to the curb. We'll see. They'll also benefit from a more efficient pass rush. While we had a good number of sacks--none of those came on 3rd down. It'll bear watching

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Yeah, that would make me crazy too...my bad...

How does Fuller rate as a FS? I know they plan on moving him around. He might be one-year-wonder, one of the reasons I had no problem kicking Dunbar to the curb. We'll see. They'll also benefit from a more efficient pass rush. While we had a good number of sacks--none of those came on 3rd down. It'll bear watching

I don’t think he’s a one year wonder and he may very well become a legit #1 corner, but that would require him taking the next step and there’s no guarantee he can do that. 

Our third down numbers should improve greatly I would hope. If we’re gonna be in 3rd and long all the time, I hope JDR and Chase will change the narrative instead of us playing a soft prevent while rushing 3 lol.

2 minutes ago, panahoo said:

It would be very fun to watch. Would it stunt the growth of Sweat or Young?

Clowney could be part of the linebacker squad, similar to Ryan Kerrigan. He's another "versatile" player that Rivera could use in his defense. I really just wanna see opposing offenses timid at the sound of having to play against the Redskins' defense. Some of the best defensive coaches ever, topped with the best defensive players in the league. I wanna see the magic happen and watch a stacked defense blow through the offensive line every play.

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Our third down numbers should improve greatly I would hope. If we’re gonna be in 3rd and long all the time, I hope JDR and Chase will change the narrative instead of us playing a soft prevent while rushing 3 lol.

And broadcasting what we were going to do...

12 minutes ago, SkinnyRed84 said:

What a defense that would be. Yikes. 

If he can be had for a 1 year deal, I'd sign him and flip him for draft capital at the deadline. 

I just don't see him signing here though. 

15 minutes ago, SkinnyRed84 said:

Clowney could be part of the linebacker squad, similar to Ryan Kerrigan. He's another "versatile" player that Rivera could use in his defense. I really just wanna see opposing offenses timid at the sound of having to play against the Redskins' defense. Some of the best defensive coaches ever, topped with the best defensive players in the league. I wanna see the magic happen and watch a stacked defense blow through the offensive line every play.

Oh me too.

17 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I’m pretty sure we’re out of the running for comp picks already.

I’m not 100% how it works, do all comp picks cross each other out? For example, Flowers and Fuller probably do if we didn’t sign Kendall, would Flowers comp pick then be cancelled with like a Pierre Lewis or Darby?

37 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

....and 30+ current players becoming free agents. Still got decent cap space though.

We have a lot of cap space and I don’t know how it’s gonna change next year. Moses May be gone so that’s a big saving, Kerrigan as well and who knows with Alex Smith? But we have to think about Allen’s 5th year option, Scherff isn’t signed and Chase is a FA. Probably why we didn’t go nuts this year.

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I’m not 100% how it works, do all comp picks cross each other out? For example, Flowers and Fuller probably do if we didn’t sign Kendall, would Flowers comp pick then be cancelled with like a Pierre Lewis or Darby?

there are all kinds of criteria, numbers lost/gained, contract size, playing time I think, all kinds of other spurious stuff. I know we picked up several street free agents who don’t count in the formula, but without doubt we have gained more than lost and therefore wouldn’t qualify for picks. I believe so anyway....

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

there are all kinds of criteria, numbers lost/gained, contract size, playing time I think, all kinds of other spurious stuff. I know we picked up several street free agents who don’t count in the formula, but without doubt we have gained more than lost and therefore wouldn’t qualify for picks. I believe so anyway....

I think it is based mostly on guaranteed money of new contracts for players lost. I do know it is a crazy formula no one has been able to truly figure out.

Archived