Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OC - Scott Turner incoming

UKskins

5 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

So you think Ron will be here longer than Haskins?

Obviously. The only way Haskins is here longer is if he turns into a franchise QB wins a super bowl and Ron retires.  Otherwise Ron will get rid of him next off season and bring in his own QB. Could be sooner depending on how Haskins acts in the off-season.

Ron isn’t going to keep a guy who isn’t 100% committed and who he didn’t draft. Dan will fully support Ron. He brought him in to change culture. And won’t turn on him until Ron picks his own QB and that dude becomes a bust.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Reid kicking in, granted the dude is a hater, I think that would be pretty wild if so. I'd bet he's wrong. 

I actually think this is good news.  Ron’s not tying his wagon to anyone that doesn’t work hard.  Haskins has to earn it, as it should be.

Snyder’s tired of rebuilds.  He’s tired of empty stadiums.  He wants to win.  Ron gets to make the call.

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Obviously. The only way Haskins is here longer is if he turns into a franchise QB wins a super bowl and Ron retires.  Otherwise Ron will get rid of him next off season and bring in his own QB. Could be sooner depending on how Haskins acts in the off-season.

Ron isn’t going to keep a guy who isn’t 100% committed and who he didn’t draft. Dan will fully support Ron. He brought him in to change culture. And won’t turn on him until Ron picks his own QB and that dude becomes a bust.

Okay.  But this is Haskins second year.  They will give him time, especially if he’s starting a new system.  If he struggles early, people will probably attribute it more to the style of offense and his unfamiliarity with it.  Whereas if OConell stays, there’s less room for error.

Well see.  Im giving my opinion.  I didn’t say I’m always right.  But that’s what makes sense to me.  Common sense.

12 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I stopped my Rocky at 2.  

Wow. Seriously?? No eye of the tiger, Clubber Lang, Hulk Hogan as Thunderlips? Drago, Tommy Gun, Apollo Creed’s son? You’re missing out man.

2 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Okay.  But this is Haskins second year.  They will give him time, especially if he’s starting a new system.  If he struggles early, people will probably attribute it more to the style of offense and his unfamiliarity with it.  Whereas if OConell stays, there’s less room for error.

Well see.  Im giving my opinion.  I didn’t say I’m always right.  But that’s what makes sense to me.  Common sense.

He’s getting shown the door if he acts entitled and doesn’t buy in. He needs to live at Redskins park. If he shows up to FedEx field 90 minutes before kickoff on game day like last year he won’t see the field for weeks. Ron is not screwing around. This is old school and the QB is expected to be the leader and example.

Urban Meyer is pretty much a dictator so it’s not like Haskins isn’t capable of doing well in that type of environment. But the days of club Jay and coddling KOC are over.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vanguard said:

It does.  I said if it’s phenomenal or terrible.  

I think having a strong grasp of one system before moving onto another would be better for his development.

Think about what you're saying, really.

If it goes phenominal with Haskins and Turner...no matter what, it would have definitely been even better with KOC? 

That's just irrational. 

13 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Think about what you're saying, really.

If it goes phenominal with Haskins and Turner...no matter what, it would have definitely been even better with KOC? 

That's just irrational. 

I’m just a big advocate of consistency.  And I think you have a rare opportunity to maintain that with OConell.  But he’s gone, so it doesn’t matter.

Haskins only gets one shot.  No more selfies.  No more selfishness.

Rivera will have a veteran QB who can be the starter if needed. Haskins will have to show from mini-camp to training camp thru the season that he's the guy Ron can invest in.  If Haskins doesn't show that, Ron will not waste his time with Haskins and he will be gone in 2021.

We'll see what happens.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Apparently I had a good grasp of KOC...

I do agree that the KOC love was over-blown and more media-driven hype that fans ran with than empirically proven out. That said, I could have foreseen a scenario where Ron decided to roll with the young cat without the owner forcing him. When he started hiring assistants, though, the writing was on the wall. If he actually wanted KOC, he'd have let KOC build the staff. So given what happened, I think you're also correct in that Rivera ultimately did not want KOC (even if at the outset, he was open to him).

1 minute ago, Vanguard said:

Dwayne seems to be a polarizing figure.  He’s only been here one year.

What starting QB of the Redskins was not a polarizing figure? Maybe Theisman in year 2 and 3 of Gibbs, a few years of Sonny and then Sammy Baugh. That’s it.

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

What starting QB of the Redskins was not a polarizing figure? Maybe Theisman in year 2 and 3 of Gibbs, a few years of Sonny and then Sammy Baugh. That’s it.

Rypien, I think everybody liked him, right?

Edited by Vanguard
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I’m just a big advocate of consistency.  And I think you have a rare opportunity to maintain that with OConell.  But he’s gone, so it doesn’t matter.

We've had consistency for 6 years, and what did that get us?

Consistency is absolutely worthless unless paired with ability.

Edited by Peregrine
  • Like 3

Just now, Peregrine said:

We've had consistency for 6 years, and what did that get us?

Consistency is absolutely worthless unless paired with ability.

Right, and consistency paired with ability is what you had with OConell and Haskins.  Accounted for two of the three wins.  But I’m not arguing it anymore.

2 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Rypien, I think everybody liked him, right?

Hell no. People hated him. A lot of people were pissed off Stan Humphries wasn’t given the job. In 1990 his play in the playoffs against 49ers was horrible. He was tolerated in 1991 then after he won the Super Bowl he was not universally viewed as a choker. Then he choked right after that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

IMO.....Scott Turner & Ken Zampese > KOC & Tim Rattay .  As a pairing I think we got this right.

Zampese has alot of great experience and has been a part of some serious offenses over the years and worked with some amazing QB's so he will be the one to work with DH on the daily, excited about this.  As a QB coach or passing game coordinator he's worked with Carson Palmer, Andy Dalton, Kurt Warner, Baker Mayfield, Trent Green, Marc Bulger, Jon Kitna.

He's had 3 big QB projects that he took lead on Carson Palmer, Andy Dalton, and Baker Mayfield...So the guy has done before exactly what we need him to do.  Work with Dwayne and get him ready to go.  People fretting over DH need to relax a little, we aren't discarding him, we are giving him plenty of tools to be successful.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1