Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

I hate saying cause I love Holtby as a player and for his stance on issues as it relates to politics, but the Caps should be looking to trade him asap to get whatever they can back pick wise. Truth is he should've been traded in the off-season cause there is no chance they give him an extension. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hersh said:

I hate saying cause I love Holtby as a player and for his stance on issues as it relates to politics, but the Caps should be looking to trade him asap to get whatever they can back pick wise. Truth is he should've been traded in the off-season cause there is no chance they give him an extension. 

Maybe a deadline trade.  I’d like to make sure Samsonov is as good as we think he’ll be before getting rid of Holtby.  In his first two games though, Samsonov looks unreal.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Maybe a deadline trade.  I’d like to make sure Samsonov is as good as we think he’ll be before getting rid of Holtby.  In his first two games though, Samsonov looks unreal.

I just don't want to see guys leave without getting a return when there is quality behind them. It's how the window stays open longer.

6 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I just don't want to see guys leave without getting a return when there is quality behind them. It's how the window stays open longer.

That’s why I mention a trade deadline deal.  Perhaps that’ll bet something to a team who wants an A+ goalie.  A team like Toronto or Colorado (ha!).

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Man, tough crowd.

How so? It's not about Holtby, it's about continuing to win for as long as possible. Holtby will be 31 when he starts his next contract and he hasn't been very good in the regular season the last 2 full seasons. If not for Grubauer a couple seasons ago, the Caps may not make the playoffs the year they won the Cup. Love Holtby and wish he was still dominating, but the Caps can't pay everyone. 

21 minutes ago, Hersh said:

How so? It's not about Holtby, it's about continuing to win for as long as possible. Holtby will be 31 when he starts his next contract and he hasn't been very good in the regular season the last 2 full seasons. If not for Grubauer a couple seasons ago, the Caps may not make the playoffs the year they won the Cup. Love Holtby and wish he was still dominating, but the Caps can't pay everyone. 

I mean, I get it...and it’s probably gonna happen at some point.  Just seems a bit early to toss dirt on the Holtbeast.