Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

David Koch has died

Cooked Crack

21 minutes ago, tshile said:

Personally, I find it needed and a good thing.

If you're going to spend your life using your power to do things that only help you and hurt others, then you should be called on it when you die and everyone's talking about the legacy you've left behind.

Same with these retiring politicians.

I'm sick of people who spend their money and power hurting others for their own gain being lauded at the end as if it all never happened.

You are the decisions you make. 

I don't disagree with the sentiment that he was a douche but... dunno man, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.  I think it says more about us as a society when people are celebrating the death of someone that they don't like or saying how we can't wait until we can rejoice when someone we don't like dies.  How'd we get here?  

Except bin Laden.  **** that guy.  

12 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't disagree with the sentiment that he was a douche but... dunno man, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.  I think it says more about us as a society when people are celebrating the death of someone that they don't like or saying how we can't wait until we can rejoice when someone we don't like dies.  How'd we get here?  

Well

1 - this idea that we must be “polite” when referring to someone that has wielded incredible control over our country is silly. 

This isnt random dude down the block, and we’re not sitting with his family bad mouthing him. 

If the Koch brothers were concerned they had plenty of options other than being political activists for things that hurt the environment and other people. 

2 - there’s a difference between “celebrating someone’s death” and correctly pointing out that someone is a piece of garbage. 

Im not celebrating his death. For one reason I don’t think it matters, I’m sure he has kids that will pick up where he stopped. 

But I’m not going to pretend he wasn’t exactly what he was. 

And maybe everyone pointing out that his legacy is as a greedy **** that hurt the environment and other people, will cause the next one to think twice and maybe change their mind about what they do with their money and power, and how they want to be remembered when they’re dead. 

1 minute ago, tshile said:

Well

1 - this idea that we must be “polite” when referring to someone that has wielded incredible control over our country is silly. 

This isnt random dude down the block, and we’re not sitting with his family bad mouthing him. 

If the Koch brothers were concerned they had plenty of options other than being political activists for things that hurt the environment and other people. 

2 - there’s a difference between “celebrating someone’s death” and correctly pointing out that someone is a piece of garbage. 

Im not celebrating his death. For one reason I don’t think it matters, I’m sure he has kids that will pick up where he stopped. 

But I’m not going to pretend he wasn’t exactly what he was. 

And maybe everyone pointing out that his legacy is as a greedy **** that hurt the environment and other people, will cause the next one to think twice and maybe change their mind about what they do with their money and power 

Agreed, fair enough.  

Good riddance.

As others have eloquently stated, you can't live a selfish and profiteering life, deliberating hurting others for your own gain, and then expect the world at large to remember you fondly. He was a POS who won't be missed by the majority of people in this country.

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

If I had a genie grant me the death of one billionaire businessman he wouldn't have been my first choice but it's a start.

Rush Limbaugh would be at the top of my list. I would love for a small, donkey shaped asteroid to smash right into his studio and take him out.

• Jumbo locked this topic

Archived