Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Photography

LadySkinsFan

• 2 months later...

I haven't posted anything here in a while, couldn't pass this one up. Look at this beautiful bird! 

Purple Starling (Lamprotornis purpureus) a.k.a. Purple Glossy Starling by Edith Hoffman. on Flickr. This starling is found in tropical Africa from Senegal and north Zaire east to Sudan and west Kenya.

FB_IMG_1677680398575.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

So, lots of pictures of animals eating. Do they actually catch their food or are prey provided to them for the safari guests to see? 

Great pictures BTW. It must be something to see them in the wild.

We went to Masai Mara where the animals are completly left alone.   You should really check it out.  THe conversancy in Kenya really do a good job protecting the land and animals.  

Most of the kills would happen at night and when our game drives started at 6am, we would defintely see them eating something 

• Thumb up 2

3 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

We went to Masai Mara where the animals are completly left alone.   You should really check it out.  THe conversancy in Kenya really do a good job protecting the land and animals.  

Most of the kills would happen at night and when our game drives started at 6am, we would defintely see them eating something 

Thanks for clarifying! I'm sure I'll never go there so it's great to have the information that the animals live as wild a life as they can, and that they have caretakers who watch out for them. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

From the Birds Facebook page, not my personal prose or image, which is spectacular.

Marvelous Spatuletail - Pomacochas, Peru

We had two full days to photograph this endangered hummingbird that is endemic to a small part of northern Peru. Of course we left with many nice photos. Hard to say which is the best take, but I like this one because the purplish tail is pretty prominently shown and in the same focal plane as the rest of the bird.

FB_IMG_1696947213448.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3