Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Spectator: The sexbot apocalypse

China

A sex doll business owner offers a special bereavement service for those suffering from loneliness, whereby she’ll create a replica of their dead partner.

Mum-of-four Jade Stanley, 35, launched Sex Doll Official in 2018, a company which sells customisable dolls designed for different purposes.

Speaking on This Morning with hosts Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield, Jade, who was joined by sex doll Amelia, opened up about one service they offer where they create a replica of deceased partners.

Asked if she had people ask for a doll of their dead partner, Jade said: ‘Yes I’ve actually had it. Loneliness is a massive issue in the UK and I think one of the most surprising aspects of this industry for me, is really it’s not all seedy and sexual. It really isn’t.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/18/sex-doll-maker-creates-replicas-dead-partners-combat-loneliness-im-providing-comfort-9997632/

The future is stupid. 

On 6/19/2019 at 9:22 AM, Fresh8686 said:

First of all, I don't want sex robots to be a thing period. I was more joking about making them with boundaries to highlight my real point, which is that dudes need to stop using things like these as a crutch and connect with real women who have their own thoughts and feelings and personal boundaries.

For the record I'm not saying you want sexbots to be a thing.  We can joke about boundaries, I guess, but it feels like the more human we try to make robots we'll miss the correlation of dehumanizing them because they technically arent human.  That was touched on by @LadySkinsFan with the robot brothels, do they not care they arent human or wish they were?

Second, I disagree with your simplification of Biology. You won't get the same effect from biology, by using circuitry because each individual neurotransmittor and biological process matters in the emotional cascade. Each one is having connective tension with another that builds and compounds into greater orders of magnitude. If you minus that out, the actual feeling and response will be diluted, because the composition is diluted.

You are overthinking biology in its complexity and our ability to replicate it.  We get hand over fist better with it every generation and again missing the point that it doesnt need to be identical processes to have similar results.

Notice, all the links you offered are all about machines analyzing our cues, rather than the process of them feeling it themselves.  They can do incredibly context tasks in limited settings, but that wholistic function isn't there.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/ai-dangerous-why-our-fears-killer-computers-or-sentient-westworld-ncna943111

That was the first link, not the second.  Here is the abstract from that paper.

In this paper, we present a programming paradigm for AI problem solving based on computational concepts drawn from Affective Computing. It is believed that emotions participate in human adaptability and reactivity, in behaviour selection and in complex and dynamic environments. We propose to define a mechanism inspired from this observation for general AI problem solving. To this purpose, we synthesize emotions as programming abstractions that represent the perception of the environment’s state w.r.t. predefined heuristics such as goal distance, action capability, etc. We first describe the general architecture of this “emotion-oriented” programming model. We define the vocabulary that allows programmers to describe the problem to be solved (i.e. the environment), and the action selection function based on emotion abstractions (i.e. the agent’s behaviours). We then present the runtime algorithm that builds emotions out of the environment, stores them in the agent’s memory, and selects behaviours accordingly. We present the implementation of a classical labyrinth problem solver in this model. We show that the solutions obtained by this easy-to-implement emotionoriented program are of good quality while having a reduced computational cost.

Sound familiar?  They are trying to turn emotions into algorithms for AI to have and can be triggered based on certain scenarios, same as us.  Our emotions are jus as much linked to what we experience as anything else.

At the end of the day, if you want to look at this topic as impossible, we can stop talking about it.  I dont believe we should or jus ignore that people are trying to figure this out and likely will, even if it's not in the immediate future.  We should be thinking outside the box on how this will impact us in the future instead of reacting to how it impacts us when we get to that point like we do with nearly every other technological advancement.

On 6/19/2019 at 10:01 AM, Riggo-toni said:

Why? Should we go back and outlaw steampower to bring back all those artisan occupations wiped out by the industrial revolution? Should we outlaw ATMs to force bankers to hire back tellers? Do we outlaw online sales to revive the dying retail industry?

The key to improving standards of living is increased productivity, which by definition is producing more goods with less labor. People need more training / retraining rather than neo-Luddite legislation.

There absolutely can be a tipping point that can occur with unchecked replacing of the workforce with robots, that's not the same as an ATM or your example on steam power that doesnt make sense and no one is suggesting.  Is it when we start having robot nurses and teachers that we starting asking this question?  What kinda damage are we risking eroding repetitive jobs that dont need formal education, not everyone can be a doctor, lawyer or business owner.

• 5 months later...

Sex robots that recognise humans using '3D AI vision' built in US factory

Sex robots that recognise humans using futuristic AI vision are set for release.

RealDoll said it is producing the dolls equipped with "three-dimensional space and face recognition".

A factory worker, named Mike, gave attendees a virtual tour via video link of the factory at a Raspberry Dream Labs event attended by Daily Star Online.

We learned at the panel talk – titled Sex Robots: Are We Ready? – that the dolls equipped with vision are being manufactured and will be unleashed onto the sex robot market.

Click on the link for the full article

This thread reminds me of Homo Deus (book written as sequel to Homo sapiens). In it, the author makes the point every decision people make is essentially tge result of a biological algorithm that could be replicated by something other than a biological system.  Why shouldn't a robot be able to mimic everything a human does out of emotional attachment? To pretend they never will be able to is probably a bad assumption given the progress of the last 100 years even if you don't believe they can now.

1 hour ago, gbear said:

This thread reminds me of Homo Deus (book written as sequel to Homo sapiens). In it, the author makes the point every decision people make is essentially tge result of a biological algorithm that could be replicated by something other than a biological system.  Why shouldn't a robot be able to mimic everything a human does out of emotional attachment? To pretend they never will be able to is probably a bad assumption given the progress of the last 100 years even if you don't believe they can now.

I don’t doubt we’ll be able to create an AI that rivals or matches human thought process.  I think that’s inevitable.  Though, in keeping with the theme of this thread, it’s probably unlikely that such an AI will want to waste its life ****ing losers as a sex bot.

7 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

As long as my sexbot doesn't start speaking to me in a Samuel Jackson voice, I am okay with that...

I'm thinking itll start real low key, like 1 out every 400,000,000 texts per day being manipulated. Like you'll ask Alexa to say "Hey Jim, I grabbed the six pack, we still a go for the fight tonight?" And instead itll read "Hey Jim, I had sex with your wife last night while you were at work and she screamed like a howler monkey" And Jim either beats his wife or his buddy.

That's how the first deaths  start. Just a dry run

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

I don’t doubt we’ll be able to create an AI that rivals or matches human thought process.  I do doubt however, that any such AI would choose to live out its life as a sex bot for the sorts of people likely to buy sex bots.  

That is why we limit their mobility ...duh

2 hours ago, Destino said:

I don’t doubt we’ll be able to create an AI that rivals or matches human thought process.  I think that’s inevitable.  Though, in keeping with the theme of this thread, it’s probably unlikely that such an AI will want to waste its life ****ing losers as a sex bot.

Funny you mention that. One of the parts of the book deals with how we treat those species we consider lesser, even those from whom we evolved. We can only hope the next sentient beings, probably more advanced than us, treat us better than we treat other animals. 

Back on topic in a way, there are people still screwing farm animals. So maybe there will be some lucky souls still screwing /being abused by the ultimate (for them) sex bot.

Archived