Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Those were the days...(a pictorial)

On 4/23/2019 at 9:45 PM, Riggo'sRangers said:

Like it or not, Robert, Alfred, and the team was magical that year. Too bad it all went south.  Good times. Hail

Probably my happiest Redskins Moment since Gibbs, was the "NFCE Championship Game" at the end of the season.

Redskins-Cowboys. Nationwide broadcast. Winner wins the NFCE, and hosts a playoff game. Loser cleans out their lockers.

Dallas decided that they would commit to preventing any big plays, by playing deep the whole game.

And the Redskins ran the ball down their throat. The whole game.

The Reskins never trailed. In fact, I think after the first quarter, Dallas was never within a touchdown.

AlMo sets the Redskins single season rushing record, with Clinton Portis in attendance, rushing for two hundred yards. 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, wolfsire said:

Remember being really upset about this one. From the days when men played the game and fans cared about Washington’s football team.

Now you've done it. Now I'm seething about a call made 20 years before I was born. Thanks a lot. :P

• Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2022 at 1:06 AM, NickyJ said:

Now you've done it. Now I'm seething about a call made 20 years before I was born. Thanks a lot. :P

I’m still not over it. 

10 year old me was watching at my grandparents’ house. My uncle, a Packer fan who hated the Skins, laughed hysterically at the call. He knew it was a bad call but was thrilled with the outcome as well as my anger. 

About 20 years ago I met Jim Hart and made a point to ask him about that play saying, “So 1975, the Mel Gray “catch”.  We both know it wasn’t right?”  Jim smiled and said, “Looked like a catch to me”. But I could tell he knew I was right and was just playing along. 

• Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 6:44 PM, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Thank you for posting this! It was my first game at RFK and Joe Gibbs first year.

We were in the end zone behind Nelms and could see the Patriot gunner zeroing in on Nelms.  We were yelling "fair catch" and when Nelms shook him off, we went crazy.  One of my top in-person sports memory!

:229:The Rook

• Thumb up 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...