Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 MLB Thread

ixcuincle

The Atlanta Braves are the Notre Dame Fighting Irish of the Dallas Cowboys of the Los Angeles Lakers. 

Their fan base solely exists because Ted Turner shoved them down peoples throats before regional sports networks started showing all the games of the home team. 

Plus their racist chop and song needs to go. 

😁

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

The Atlanta Braves are the Notre Dame Fighting Irish of the Dallas Cowboys of the Los Angeles Lakers. 

Their fan base solely exists because Ted Turner shoved them down peoples throats before regional sports networks started showing all the games of the home team. 

😁

IKR?  It was a joke.  My mom in NoVa says, "Your team wins everything!"  and I'm like, "15 consecutive division titles and only ONE World Series win...yeah, we win..."🙄

And if the Team has to change their name and logo so as to be in compliance with "no Native American references", I must fully agree.  Change the name. 

If the beloved football Team I grew up loving had to do it, I've adjusted & it ain't easy, but so do you.  Same for the Chiefs.   (I'm an Aquarius, we're all about things being fair.)

• Thumb up 1

9 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

😁

I don't think its just TNT, but I'm sure it helped.  For years the Braves had basically the entire South.   There were no teams east of the Mississippi and below the mason Dixon line.  Florida teams would not arrive until the 90s

I remember watching Cubs games on WGN, especially during the summer when school was out and they frequently played day games - they actually had all day games up until 1988 but even after that they were frequently day games more often than not from what i remember.  I liked some of their players (Maddux, Dawson, Dunston, etc.) but never really became a big Cubs fan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just so y'all know...if it comes down to Braves/Orioles, I'm an Oriole. 

(I still have a thing about Tom Glavine being head of the PA and going on strike way back when, ended up ruining my money as a bartender for a while...and the team moving out of town.)

I must admit...on the first day of the strike I went to Lollapalooza and blew an absolute ****ton of money.  (The Clinton years treated me well.)

• Thanks 1