Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Just now, CaptainJames2004 said:

Hoping they don't lay an egg tomorrow since I'm taking my pops. He's an Orioles fan who hasn't been to Nats stadium before. I want him to see what a good team looks like. 

Well, we didn't play like a good team yesterday, but we sure did today. Hopefully we see more of this when you're at the ballpark tomorrow. 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 6:54 AM, Bacon said:

Looking forward to the team going home. Our next two series are against middling to bad road teams, a combined 50-64. Then we have the Pirates, Orioles and Marlins with a brutal Cubs series at Wrigley lodged in the middle. 

If we're in a similar position to where we are now at the end of August, heading into a massive Mets series at Nats Park, we're in for a world of hurt. We need to pull 3-4 games ahead of at least one of the major wildcard contenders to give us room to play .500 ball in September against the league's best. 

Since making this post we:

-Have gone 14-3 during the remainder of August 

-Have increased our run differential by 70 (average result = a 4 run win) 

-Swept the Cubs at Wrigley 

-Are up 3.5 games for homefield in the WC game 

-Are now 7 games up on the Phillies

-And 7.5 games on the Mets, Brewers and Diamondbacks 

Sadly, we've only gained one game on the Braves during that time (5.5 vs 6.5) and there's still lots of work to do. 

Edited by Bacon

Doo and Zim are back.

Really hope Davey doesn't feel that like has to play Zim for more than a PH situation at least for a week or so. We all love the guy and he is really the first true National. But this team is playing well and needs to continue doing that. Don't mess with what is working. Don't take ABs away from the guys who have been covering 1B and hitting fine.

If you're in a blowout and want to get him some fun at 1B around the 7th to close to the game. Fine.

He's a big boy. I'm sure he'd rather world slowly back and have a chance to contribute in the post-season over playing a lot now, getting hurt again in 2 weeks and missing the rest of the year.