Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

This team is freefalling now guaranteed to lose 2 out of their 3 to the white sox, red sox and phillies

hope they get back on track soon because they were at .500 and streaking well before this poor road trip

Sorry, but this freefall is the actual Nats team, not the one that was 1 game above 500.  We’re still an 87-90 loss team, not a team anywhere close to finishing at or above 500.  Our 3-5 hitters in the lineup are the absolute worst in baseball, and if CJ’s in a slump, it’s next to impossible to score more than 3 runs against most teams. I’m looking forward to some of our prospects being called up.  Hopefully it’s sooner rather than later, because this team is borderline unwatchable at offense at the moment.

Edited by samy316
  • Thumb up 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, samy316 said:

We’re still an 87-90 loss team, not a team anywhere close to finishing at or above 500.

I was hopeful they could get close to 500 this year. But if they keep rolling with Robles and Gallo and Meneses and expect something different. That's not happening. 

See today Meneses and Robles are out. Gallo both playing and not batting at the very bottom of the order is amazing. Like a giant **** you to everyone batting after him. 

Edited by @DCGoldPants

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Nationals rank 5 in Top 10 Ballpark foods https://10best.usatoday.com/awards/travel/best-baseball-stadium-food-2024/ (doubtful Nats Park food is that good)

Nats put 5 game losing streak to rest, win 12-3

Although they do call Shake Shack a “beloved New York institution”

The food at Nats Park is still really good, albeit expensive 

Edited by Riggo#44

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Although they do call Shake Shack a “beloved New York institution”

The food at Nats Park is still really good, albeit expensive 

Most parks I've been to have at least one thing I really really like. Nats Park is expensive but when I went to Philly and Pittsburgh, their food was overpriced too. For Nats Park getting a half smoked from Ben's is an easy win. Camden Yards I liked the bacon on a stick or the crab fries. Philly had nothing when I was there like 10 years ago. A Tony Luke's and it was terrible. So bad my cousin insisted we go into the city after for a "real cheesesteak". I think I only got a hot dog and drink at Wrigley.

Price sucks.....everywhere unless it's a special weekday discount thing.

• Like 1

I think Nats Park belongs in the top 10, and concessions are expensive AF everywhere where you are captured for multiple hours.  

I personally think Ben's Chili Bowl is overrated as far as the food (it is a DC institution for cultural reasons), but it's still pretty darn good for ballpark fare.  I really like Roaming Rooster and Haute Dog and Fries (I go to the one in Alexandria somewhat regularly).  I go to the Rocklands by my house way too much, so I don't get it when I'm at the ballpark, but it's good BBQ.  The places to get beers also have really good variety and quality.  

Nats Park also has a Shake Shack, but as far as it being called "a beloved New York City institution" for the Citi Field entry, I guess I thought Shake Shake was an above average burger joint that some VC firm invested a **** ton of money in so it could become the Chipotle of burgers. 

15 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

You guys see the rumor about Corbin being moved to the bullpen when Gray comes back, does it actually have legs?

It would make sense. Drop Rainey. Corbin takes that spot where he makes an appearance every few weeks. Davey only uses seven BP guys anyway. Cavalli may be ready around the same time as Gray. (He’s already pitching in Florida). I hope they can keep Parker up. He’s earned it. Perhaps someone will offer something nice for Williams.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

You guys see the rumor about Corbin being moved to the bullpen when Gray comes back, does it actually have legs?

Zuck saying it must mean something. We'll see. Davey's comments last night after their loss weren't anything you'd be able to take something from. You'd think he was talking about a different pitcher all together. Might as well give it a shot and see if he can do it. I agree with letter Rainey go.... along with a few others who can't hit worth ****. 

Rosario batting 2nd is just stupid. Gallo w/ another 2 Ks & 0-4. Winker got hosed in the 8th on a horrible 3rd strike call. And 1-7 RISP. There's no consistent bat in the lineup. CJ batting sub ,210 in day games. Oof...

34 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Oppo, off a lefty.

I'm sure we'll see him up soon. Ready to move on from Gallo/Meneses in the meat of our order

By bringing up Wood, and I agree with that 100%, having both Winker and Rosario is redundant. The problem is that they are two of the better hitters on the team currently. You can’t get them both in the lineup if you plan on playing Young and Thomas. I don’t know if anyone will trade for one of those two in late May.

Robles and Young are redundant. Robles doesn’t really have a place here anymore.

Senzel and Lipscomb (who is hitting in Rochester) were redundant.

Let’s say someone wants to trade for Winker, you could go: 

Abrams 6

Rosario DH

Thomas 9

Wood 7

Garcia 4

Senzel/Vargas 5

Gallo 3

Ruiz/Adams 2

Young 9

Was listening to the Nats Chat podcast and they were suggesting it is time for James Wood to be called up. Wouldn't mind seeing what the future has to offer right now. Especially when 1) the offense looks nonexistent at times and 2) any kind of "service time manipulation" is moot as the date has already passed

They think Wood might be called up in June

today is their day off. Wood should be announced today if they want to do it right. The things Davey said they want him to work on and improve, he has. Unless the coaching in DC is so bad for hitters that he regresses, the odds he'd be as bad as Gallo is very unlikely. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:

Wood was pulled in the 6th inning tonight. Twitter went crazy thinking he got the call.

Hopefully just some aches and pains

Apparently it was a hamstring that they'll evaluate in the morning.

• Sad 1