Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fate of Redskins street signings this offseason?

carex

In previous years the Skins have picked up some guys due to injury and had them stick around for a year or two and provide some plays.  Have any of the fill in players they've picked up this season earned a contract and spot in training camp at least so far during this season?

Personally I would still approve of the Skins signing Johnson despite the way the game ended.  I think maybe some of the OL over guys like Kouandijo and Catalina

Cooper actually showed some real promise. I actually think Williams, Cooper, Roullier, Scherff and Moses would be a step up.

Johnson looks like a pretty good back up and spot starter. Maybe even better especially if we have Alex on the PUP list sucking up all our QB cap.

Regardless, Josh definitely deserves an invite and a chance to fight for a spot.

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

We have to win out the rest of the way.

You really think that's realistic ?

Well ya..if there's a chance I'll take it..we need for some other things to happen pretty much making it impossible...but if you're telling me there's a chance I'll take it hahaha.

9 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Well ya..if there's a chance I'll take it..we need for some other things to happen pretty much making it impossible...but if you're telling me there's a chance I'll take it hahaha.

Yea, but over the course of the last 8 games, how many times have the Skins gone on a 1-game-winning-streak ?

36 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Manusky is fired tommorow with j tomsula taking over..my prediction.. Snyder gets to impatient on house cleaning lol

Tomsula taking over for Manuska ; is that totally your prediction, or have you actually heard potentially reliable rumors on that ?

Now I see Swearinger is sharing that sentiment...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001002655/article/dj-swearinger-blasts-redskins-dc-manusky-after-loss

Manusky is just another 'glory day' hire who at least should be demoted, if not fired.

To let Blaine Gabbert beat his defense says a lot about how he runs the defense. Hec, Norman and Dix only want to get interceptions, they don't want to tackle anyone; they back up 10 yds off the LOS and can't make up the distance once the wide open WR makes a cut, then runs close as he's being tackled, hoping to scoop up a fumbled ball. **** I can do that, and for a lot less money !

2 hours ago, TK said:

Adrian Peterson & Josh Johnson. 

I was going to ask if Adrian even counted, whoever's idea that was deserves a medal, if any in that group should come back its him, he's already the starter going into next year if he does.  Johnson has earned the right to compete with McCoy for a backup position in say preseason, but honestly both will be 33 start of next season so that needs to be taken into consideration.

I’d rather have Johnson over McCoy... I just don’t know, didn’t we work out him before signing mr. Buttfubbel? If we had of signed him right away I think a few games go a different but way, and this game wouldn’t mean so much.   Johnson might go down as the scapegoat, but he really shouldnt.

Also, keeping ap when we have Guice and need a qb makes zero sense.. he probably won’t sign for the vet min anyway.

25 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I’d rather have Johnson over McCoy... I just don’t know, didn’t we work out him before signing mr. Buttfubbel? If we had of signed him right away I think a few games go a different but way, and this game wouldn’t mean so much.   Johnson might go down as the scapegoat, but he really shouldnt.

Johnson is not very good, we are just giving him credit all things considered.  Colt isnt very good either, we love him, but he throws picks and gets hurt.  I don't think the back up or the starter is in the roster right now.

25 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Also, keeping ap when we have Guice and need a qb makes zero sense.. he probably won’t sign for the vet min anyway.

Then offer him more then veterans minimum.  If he wants to extend his career, he needs to be smart about wanting as many carries as possible.  You don't see Ingram and Kamara complaining about carriers, and until Guice proves he can stay healthy, it doesn't make sense putting all our eggs in that basket outside of trying to save money.

I think for first time ever franchise needs to take into consideration people not going to the games in their offseason plans.  Not so much as putting on a show but that bottoming out is probably worse thing we could do right now. Intentionally being uncompetitive is a bad idea, thinking of hitching my wagon to Haskins.

4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Tomsula taking over for Manuska ; is that totally your prediction, or have you actually heard potentially reliable rumors on that ?

Now I see Swearinger is sharing that sentiment...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001002655/article/dj-swearinger-blasts-redskins-dc-manusky-after-loss

Well ya I did say my prediction

20 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

True, but there are people who steal other people's info and claim it as their own, to look smarterer.

Not sayin you would do that...but

but not sayin you wouldn't...jk 😛

Ya, not sure how I would do that..oh ya mean like grandmas boy when dude trys to claim he created the video game?

3 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I think he makes a fine backup. Over colt.

Umm I'm thinking vise versa

I get all my news sources from here..why would I steal from here to give back..

Here are the whole list of guys we did bring due to injuries:

- Luke Bowanko - C - Let him compete in TC

- Harlan Miller - CB - Too soon to tell, did the guy even played yesterday, besides ST?

- Jeremy Reaves - DB - Too soon to tell, did the guy even played yesterday, besides ST?

- Andrew East - LS - Good job so far replacing Sundberg. Let him compete.

- Kyle Fuller - G - Not sure he's worth it.

- Zac Kerin - G - Had a good game yesterday against a tough DL. Bring him in TC and see whay he has.

- Josh Johnson - QB - You just cannot let him walk. He's no HoF for sure, but he deserves to be given a fair chance next year.

- Mark Sanchez - QB - Sorry, no.

- Adrian Peterson - RB - He cannot leave! Sign him yesterday.

- Timon Parris - T - Too soon to tell, did the guy even played yesterday?

- Matt Flanagan - TE - He was at TC this year, no reason to not have him next year.

- Michael Floyd - WR - He can compete with Brian Quick next year for a roster spot, but he has too many drops to my liking.

- Jehu Chesson - WR - Not really impressed. Still wondering why the guy was on the active roster for so long over Simmie Cobbs?

- Darvin Kidsy - WR - Too soon to tell, did the guy even played yesterday, besides ST?

Actually injured:

- Jonathan Cooper - G - You can bring him, but injuries are a concern for this team so...

- Austin Howard - T - I believe we can move away. Nothing to see here.

- Cassanova McKinzy - LB - Get him back next year. Watch injury history, but the guy was interesting for the small sample he did play this year.

7 hours ago, skins island connection said:

Manusky is just another 'glory day' hire who at least should be demoted, if not fired.

To let Blaine Gabbert beat his defense says a lot about how he runs the defense. Hec, Norman and Dix only want to get interceptions, they don't want to tackle anyone; they back up 10 yds off the LOS and can't make up the distance once the wide open WR makes a cut, then runs close as he's being tackled, hoping to scoop up a fumbled ball. **** I can do that, and for a lot less money !

Norman was right up on the running back several times in this game.

2 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

- Kyle Fuller - G - Not sure he's worth it.

- Zac Kerin - G - Had a good game yesterday against a tough DL. Bring him in TC and see whay he has.

- Timon Parris - T - Too soon to tell, did the guy even played yesterday?

- Jehu Chesson - WR - Not really impressed. Still wondering why the guy was on the active roster for so long over Simmie Cobbs?

-

Chesson was a Chief last year, so if we ended up using all our WRs he had some familiarity with Smith and by the time Smith went down he'd done well enough on teams to keep his spot. 

Parris played yesterday.  It was an interesting formation.  According to the announcers he was the LG substituting for Kerin when he got hurt, but he lined up outside the RT.

Kerin had a decent game, but I think he missed like half or a third of it and Fuller being in didn't see a noticable drop off

Archived