Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Embrace [Insert QB name here] Thread

NickyJ

14 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

And you played QB in the NFL the following year, after that ?

:D

Obviously not. But I had full normal function in my leg in about 9 months. He has No ligament or tendon damage at all. Once the bone heals it is actually stronger than it was before it broke. The only issue I have with the leg is some nerve damage. But it doesnt effect its use at all. Just feels weird when I touch it. And lets not forget Smith will be rehabbing EVERY SINGLE DAY with the best in the business. Rehab will be his full time job. He will be ready to play.

30 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Alex Smith will be our QB next year. I have no doubt in my mind about that as I have had the same injury. 

Shows that everyone heals differently, my son who had the same two broken bones (and it wasn't a compound fracture like Alex so Alex's version is more serious) was just cleared to run, 8 months after the injury.  And they don't want him playing even flag football for another few months, yet.  And the doctor told me kids his age heal quicker than adults from it.

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

It’s pathetic.

Tell you what, Mark Sanchez can give a heck of a press conference.  I’m actually kinda fired up after witnessing his charming, easy-going swagger.

DAMN YOU, SANCHEZ!

Agree, he killed it with the press conference.  Really the last dude we have with some obvious charm at that position was RG3 -- didn't know Sanchez had that in him. 

2 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

Its not 10k its up to 10 times the amount. 

The difference between a minimum salary Player and min salary PS player is a bit less than 22K for one week. And again, the team you're trying to poach said player from could easily match that amount of money if they want to keep him.

The Kaaya stuff you posted really doesnt have anything to do with what we were discussing.

On 12/5/2018 at 3:29 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree, he killed it with the press conference.  Really the last dude we have with some obvious charm at that position was RG3 -- didn't know Sanchez had that in him. 

I agree.  I almost feel like we may win a game after watching that.  Loved the return fire on the butt fumble dig.

Good article here about Haskins, likely the top QB in this draft.  Article from NY Daily News -- angle of the Giants need a QB 

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ny-haskins-future-in-newyork-20181207-story.html

Haskins is two semesters shy of earning a degree in journalism. His post-NFL ambitions include opening a quarterback training facility; becoming a studio or game analyst on TV; creating a clothing line; helping Tamia with her acting career; and assisting girlfriend Savhana Cousins with her fashion endeavors. (Savhana Cousins is related to NBA star DeMarcus Cousins; in fact, they are cousins.)

Can you think of a better place to launch such endeavors than New York?

Reminded of the eighth-grade science project, Haskins spoke in technical terms beyond the capacity of a mere sportswriter. He compared throwing motions of celebrated quarterbacks such as Drew Brees, Tim Tebow (don’t laugh), Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. His takeaway: An over-the-top motion produces the cleanest release, tightest spirals and highest velocity. He got an A on the project.

“Finished third,” he said.

Springs can envision Haskins shattering stereotypes of African-American quarterbacks. He will use his mind more than his feet.

“He is closer to Peyton Manning,” Springs said, “than he is to Cam Newton.”

Haskins’ parents have the utmost faith their son is ready for whatever comes next.

About 12 hours before he threw the last of his 34 completions against Northwestern, Tamara says: “He is a leader and understands his role. He is a distributor. He is a servant. Everybody wins and looks good together.”

Dwayne Sr. puts it like this: “He is well-mannered. He loves people. He loves the Lord. He has so much to offer. … He is an alpha male of alpha males. He doesn’t overwhelm you or try to manipulate you to believe in what he does. He will say two or three words and then he goes out and represents it. Then you follow him and you want to respond to him.

“He doesn’t need to kick over a Gatorade cooler. Doesn’t need to throw his helmet down. If you watch his mannerisms when he quarterbacks, it’s with confidence. He has been around it. He has NFL friends that mentor him. He is not your average college football player. He does not get overwhelmed. He is emotionally intelligent. He is built for this moment.”

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I think everyone in here knows Jaguars are going to look at this tape and focus on keeping him the picket to see what happens. 

IIRC, Bortles is due a $16+Mil bonus if he’s on the roster at the start of NFL business season in March. That may force their hand.

4 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

IIRC, Bortles is due a $16+Mil bonus if he’s on the roster at the start of NFL business season in March. That may force their hand.

Was talking about JJ, a mobile QB out the league, we better be ready for Jax not letting him run around like Giants did

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Was talking about JJ, a mobile QB out the league, we better be ready for Jax not letting him run around like Giants did

Gotcha, my bad, didn’t follow. Let me just add, that if JJ is on this roster next season as anything other than QB3, we’re ****ed.

Archived