Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Taylor Jacobs Soft?

RDSKNfaithfull

I give him the benefit of the doubt hes a rook But I am starting to feel that this kid is really soft and maybe a bust (that is jumping the gun no doubt but). Toughts?

Another wide receiver, Taylor Jacobs, sat out Wednesday's and was listed as questionable for Sunday’s game with a foot injury. Spurrier was not optimistic that Jacobs would be ready to play against Dallas.

I would say that's a legitimate concern at this point. I don't get the impression that they're figuring out ways to get Jacobs playing time - he's not pushing to get into the WR rotation at all. Granted, he had a pretty serious, freak internal injury, but he didn't impress even before that. I hope first season impressions are wrong in this case. . .

i think with td mccants and p johnson playing so well, he's had the luxury of nursing his injuries til he's healthy. should he be trying to get in and prove his talent with the season a wash?...yes. however, if i were a betting man, which i'm not, the obc knows what he has in taylor and is evaluating the other guys...why risk further injury with nothing on the line?

p.s. russel will be gone this offseason :)

Doss sucks as a saftey in terms of what we want as one. He can't cover and is strictly a run stopper. The cover 2 hides his deficiencies, and he would get roasted if he were playing in a traditional man defense. He is a younger version of sam Shade.

I don't think its a legitimate question at all. Do you guys have any idea how serious an injury he suffered? Its the kind of blunt trauma injury that kills a lot of motor vehicle drivers every year after they impact a steering wheel.

I don't know yet what we've got in Jacobs, but its far too early to make an assessment either way. He's not ever going to be a bruiser, but give him another 4-5 years and he might well be a Coles. We've got good receivers. Its no surprise, after suffering a devastating injury, that he had trouble getting on the field this season.

Originally posted by mhd24

Doss sucks as a saftey in terms of what we want as one. He can't cover and is strictly a run stopper. The cover 2 hides his deficiencies, and he would get roasted if he were playing in a traditional man defense. He is a younger version of sam Shade.

He is learning but our safetys can't stop the run anyway, did you see that hit Doss gave I think Henry at the 1. WOW. If only we had someon in our secondary that can lay a hit like that.

Also, at least he is seeing the field. You can't waste 1st or 2nd rounders anymore you need them to play right away. So far Betts, Russel, and Jacobs have not giving us anything to be excited about yet.

I'm not ready to call him soft, and I agree with those who understand the seriousness of the injury he suffered in preseason. The foot injury is a mystery, is that the one he suffered in a game a few weeks back... or was that a knee?

An even bigger question might be, if a receiver falls to an acceptable position on draft day...might we take him? That Clayton kid from the Sooners is exciting.... and Rashaun Woods from Okst. has hands slathered with "stick-um"...... and finally the cat-like quick and precise route runner that is Lee Evans (Wisc.).

Originally posted by Cskin

An even bigger question might be, if a receiver falls to an acceptable position on draft day...might we take him? That clayton kid from the Sooners is exciting.... and Rashaun Woods from Okst. has hands slathered with "stick-um".

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO we have plenty right now. We need not in this order though

DT, DE, DE, DT, OT, OG, RB, S,

Archived