Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tracking Ticket Prices 2018 Season

turtle2328

I'm using this thread to track secondary ticket prices over this 2018 season.

I'll do this three way: Club, Lowers, Uppers - all of which I'm only looking at the 8 sections around mid field. For instance, section 202-241, 220-223, I know some people are partial to other places or would sit in a corner upper, but if you're buying secondary market you want "good" seats.

Preseason game 1 good seats could be had for $27

Game 2 - no data

Colts - no data ($80?)

Packers - Friday before the game

Club: $135

Lowers: $156
Uppers: $85

Panthers - Thursday before the game

Club: $130

Lowers: $150
Uppers: $85

Cowboys - Friday before the game

Club: $199

Lowers: $235
Uppers: $150

Falcons - Thursday before the game as reported by Hail2Skins (I think they took any seat from the section rather than the first 10 rows like I do)

Club: 115

Lower: 125

Upper: 72

Texans - Friday before the game (61,593)

Club: $115 (320/323 r9)

Lowers: $90 (223 r8)
Uppers: $48 (402 r10)

Giants - Thursday before the game (57,437) Thank you hail2skins

Upper sidelines, lower rows start at $60

Club level sidelines start at $125

Lower sidelines start at $90

Eagles - Friday before the game ()

Club: $200 (302 r5)

Lowers: $144 (202 r4)
Uppers: $80 (453 r4)

Does anyone have an explanation of why the tickets aren’t cheap on the secondary market like the last couple of years?

That was the only way I could justify paying to go see this team. I had the best game experience ever watching us beat Greenbay at home on that Sunday night. Next game was watching look like the a completely different team vs Carolina and it was the worst experience ever. Not worth taking that gamble until we become consistent.

19 minutes ago, JPG said:

Does anyone have an explanation of why the tickets aren’t cheap on the secondary market like the last couple of years?

That was the only way I could justify paying to go see this team. I had the best game experience ever watching us beat Greenbay at home on that Sunday night. Next game was watching look like the a completely different team vs Carolina and it was the worst experience ever. Not worth taking that gamble until we become consistent.

The Redskins stopped dumping massive amounts of tickets to brokers.  In the past they'd get rid of the tickets they didn't sell, and to offset the losses the brokers would take, also sell them blocks of premium tickets that they could then profit from.  All the while telling any one that would listen that a wait list of over 200K people existed.  

So currently, they're trying to keep ticket prices high in order to justify the ridiculous costs of season tickets. What should happen (eventually), is the price of season tickets comes down to match what people are actually willing to pay on a per game basis.  

I think this has had a far bigger effect (at least at this point in the season) than fan apathy. 

Seems like bad timing to change strategies when you're in the process of determining a site for a new stadium...but honestly, nothing surprises me about how this operation is run anymore.  

This is very insightful information here. I know I used to get a lot of tickets just pulling out my phone and searching Stubhub or Seatgeek for tickets. That worked in years past, especially with SRO, leading to insanely cheap 30 dollar tickets. 

With this new policy, most of that inventory is gone. SRO is no longer being used. The only seats available you have to sit in, and the prices for these seats were normally 60-70 dollars. 

While checking the prices over the last few days, the prices have at best seen a marginal decrease, but nothing too drastic that makes me want to attend. Right now I would estimate it's about 120, maybe 110 if you're lucky. To me, that is still too much for a game (what I'd be willing to pay for ATM is about 40-50 for a high 400 level seat, give or take a few.) Anything more than that and you are asking me to break the bank just to attend games regularly. 

1 hour ago, megared said:

The Redskins stopped dumping massive amounts of tickets to brokers.  In the past they'd get rid of the tickets they didn't sell, and to offset the losses the brokers would take, also sell them blocks of premium tickets that they could then profit from.  All the while telling any one that would listen that a wait list of over 200K people existed.  

So currently, they're trying to keep ticket prices high in order to justify the ridiculous costs of season tickets. What should happen (eventually), is the price of season tickets comes down to match what people are actually willing to pay on a per game basis.  

I think this has had a far bigger effect (at least at this point in the season) than fan apathy. 

Seems like bad timing to change strategies when you're in the process of determining a site for a new stadium...but honestly, nothing surprises me about how this operation is run anymore.  

This is almost certainly the case. If you check Stubhub and Seatgeek the number of available tickets even this early before the game has dramatically dropped. There is barely any inventory. Then you look at Ticketmaster and you see swaths of 400 level seating available. :rofl89: This is clearly a tactic to direct fans to buy tickets more from the "sanctioned" sites like Tickemaster (recent bad news stories be damned) than other sites like Stubhub or Seatgeek. The sad thing is, if they offer what I want at a reasonable price, I'll go. If ticket prices drop to 50 or 40 dollars Sunday morning, or look in that direction, I'll go. 

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

This is almost certainly the case. If you check Stubhub and Seatgeek the number of available tickets even this early before the game has dramatically dropped. There is barely any inventory. Then you look at Ticketmaster and you see swaths of 400 level seating available. :rofl89: This is clearly a tactic to direct fans to buy tickets more from the "sanctioned" sites like Tickemaster (recent bad news stories be damned) than other sites like Stubhub or Seatgeek. The sad thing is, if they offer what I want at a reasonable price, I'll go. If ticket prices drop to 50 or 40 dollars Sunday morning, or look in that direction, I'll go. 

I've never sold any tickets on Stubhub, so I have a question.  Out of the tickets available for the game on, say, Stubhub right now, what percentage are being sold by the Skins, what percentage by brokers, and what percentage by individual STH that can't/don't want to go to the game and are trying to sell?

I guess my question also boils down: how is this new policy that Megared describes (and what the Skins have publicly said they were going to enact) affect STHs who are trying to sell their tickets for certain games? 

The Redskins seem to have learned a lesson from Baseball twenty years later. The Pirates and Indians had monstrous stadiums and thus couldn't draw even with good teams. So, they built new stadiums with limited capacities and thus created demand by limiting supply.

Eventually this is going to be a problem for all NFL teams. The Redskins have been the perfect combination of a stadium that is far too large with a team that is far too bad and a fanbase that is far too educated. Everyone figured out the "pick and choose" Stubhub scam five years ago.

The problem is that they are never going to get old season ticket holders back. Once you've gotten used to going to three games a year over eight, it's hard to re-commit.

2 hours ago, hail2skins said:

I've never sold any tickets on Stubhub, so I have a question.  Out of the tickets available for the game on, say, Stubhub right now, what percentage are being sold by the Skins, what percentage by brokers, and what percentage by individual STH that can't/don't want to go to the game and are trying to sell?

I guess my question also boils down: how is this new policy that Megared describes (and what the Skins have publicly said they were going to enact) affect STHs who are trying to sell their tickets for certain games? 

I may be incorrect here, but I don't think the Skins ever 'officially' used Stubhub, because Ticketmaster has been, and remains their official partner.  In the past, they didn't care how the tickets were being resold by brokers once they sold them off.  And now that they have discontinued that practice (and implied the issue was rogue employees in their ticket office ?), the prices are in essence aligned with what STHs were charged.  Part of the change may also be related to the partnership renewal between the Redskins and Ticketmaster that occurred over the summer.

I don't think the FO cares about STHs that sell some of their games...but they say are trying to eliminate people that are simply buying tickets as a means to profit from selling all of them individually.  But let's be honest, no one was doing that, because it would've been a terrible investment (unless you had premium seats).

15 minutes ago, megared said:

I may be incorrect here, but I don't think the Skins ever 'officially' used Stubhub, because Ticketmaster has been, and remains their official partner.  In the past, they didn't care how the tickets were being resold by brokers once they sold them off.  And now that they have discontinued that practice (and implied the issue was rogue employees in their ticket office ?), the prices are in essence aligned with what STHs were charged.  Part of the change may also be related to the partnership renewal between the Redskins and Ticketmaster that occurred over the summer.

I don't think the FO cares about STHs that sell some of their games...but they say are trying to eliminate people that are simply buying tickets as a means to profit from selling all of them individually.  But let's be honest, no one was doing that, because it would've been a terrible investment (unless you had premium seats).

I think even the best seats would have turned a loss on the season. Only sweetheart deals to brokers would have made it work. If you are still looking for a bargain, you can wait until after kickoff to buy those seats. I witnessed a massive drop in prices soon after kickoff. i wouldn't be surprised at all if the price jump on a large portion of tickets was set off automatically by kickoff or a the clock.  would you miss the national anthem and the opening kick to save 50%? 75%? Maybe I'll check that too.... maybe.

44 minutes ago, turtle2328 said:

The chart is saying how much they either gain or lose when selling seats after buying the entire package?

So it's the savings of buying season tickets versus buying games on the secondary market.   For the Skins, the only benefit was realized by buying lower level midfield season tickets (best seats in the house).  Otherwise in 2015 you were better off buying from the secondary market.   Nothing ground breaking,  as this is something STHs have been complaining about for some time.   

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:18 AM, ixcuincle said:

Tickets dropped to 44 dollars before fees on Ticketmaster. So yeah, always check and buy the day of ?

Around 8 AM on Sunday morning, there were 19 dreamseats in the section behind the goal post between the player tunnels, for $125 each on Stubhub.

If you don't think that was the Redskins selling them, then who else is going be dumb enough to have 19 dreamseats?

45 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Probably should mention that announced attendance at FedEx was again shy of 60K.

Not surprising. It was rainy. I know I would have gone if it wasn't rainy, given it was 44 dollar tickets. 

Be curious to see if it increases over the season. That's pretty low compared to the rest of the league. 

Is it some of the season ticket holders demanding that tickets dont get put on the secondary market? I had the man sitting beside me ask me how I'd purchased my ticket yesterday. He was a season ticket holder and didn't seem massively impressed when I told him Stubhub..

I can see it from their point of view but it's kind of poor form if they're actively trying to make it more difficult and expensive for the regular fan just so they can justify spending way over the odds themselves. 

No offense to the season ticket holders on here but I think you're mad to buy a season ticket in 2018 in a stadium that never sells out. Flushing money down the drain.

Long time reader, first time poster, I forgot I created a user name. Been a fan since '91, kinda tough being a die hard 'skins fan in Dallas but I manage...

October 14th I will be attending my first home Redskins game at fed ex. I'm on a pharmacy contract assignment in Vermont so I figured I may as well go to a game since I'm on the east coast.

My question is I have all the itinerary for my trip EXCEPT for my ticket. Tickets seem rather expensive for the view compared to AT&T stadium. I really want decent seats but not for an outrageous price. Should I continue to wait until that Sunday or go ahead and purchase now? Thanks, any feedback is appreciated. Again I'm flying in from Vermont.

1 hour ago, iHEART said:

My question is I have all the itinerary for my trip EXCEPT for my ticket. Tickets seem rather expensive for the view compared to AT&T stadium. I really want decent seats but not for an outrageous price. Should I continue to wait until that Sunday or go ahead and purchase now? Thanks, any feedback is appreciated. Again I'm flying in from Vermont.

If you are going the Stubhub route, I'd wait until the latter part of next week.

How much money do you want to spend per ticket? IMO, you are probably going to get the best bang for your buck sitting anywhere in the club (300) level.

Archived