Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

2 minutes ago, GhostofSparta said:

So the new rule is you are allowed to hit a QB if the play has been blown dead by penalty. That and the "in the grasp" counts if it's your own O-lineman are new wrinkles to the NFL rules I learned this weekend.

to be fair, the rule isn't called "in the defensive player's grasp" lol...yeah, that's all I got.

5 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

The only way to beat Brady is to hit him repeatedly from different angles. Romo called this before the game - the Chargers insistence on playing their zone defense is just letting Brady carve them up.

Pats blitzing freely.  Chargers opting to keep guys 25 yards from the LOS and giving five yard cushions to all receivers.

Manusky would have come up with a better scheme...by far.

2 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Your prediction looks like it may be WAAYYY off now. :)

Too bad. Looks right now like the Chiefs are the only hope there is against another Patriot Super Bowl.

Bellichek vs. Reid?  I think you know, who wins that. Best bet to now stop Pats from winning another bowl; is Rams or Saints.

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Pats blitzing freely.  Chargers opting to keep guys 25 yards from the LOS and giving five yard cushions to all receivers.

Manusky would have come up with a better scheme...by far.

Ok, let’s not go crazy.....there’s no way Manusky would’ve done better

4 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Too bad. Looks right now like the Chiefs are the only hope there is against another Patriot Super Bowl.

Chiefs lost to the Pats earlier this year, even though it was only by 3. Don't think they can stop Brady and gang. Pats will be in SB vs. Saints. 

7 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Your prediction looks like it may be WAAYYY off now. :)

Lets just hope my other prediction isn’t too far off.

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Bellichek vs. Reid?  I think you know, who wins that. Best bet to now stop Pats from winning another bowl; is Rams or Saints.

Oh, I'm not talking about who wins the Super Bowl. I'm talking who's in it.

I would rather not see the Patriots in it. Again.

Doesnt look like that is going to happen. 28-7 New England.

1 minute ago, skinzplay said:

Oh come on, you don't make that holding call in the playoffs; it was just on the edge of the 5-yard contact area, and he released him then. Crazy.

The Chargers are stinking things up just fine on their own, the refs don't ned to help them out. That holding was chintzy, but the PI on the first drive was ridiculous. 

4 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

It has been shown the only way to beat Brady is to bring a pass rush non stop.  

Repeatedly.  And tight coverage can make him pull the ball down and expose himself to sacks...even if he does hit a couple deep ones.

The Chargers game plan is a massive fail.  It had absolutely no chance to be effective.

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

Repeatedly.  And tight coverage can make him pull the ball down and expose himself to sacks...even if he does hit a couple deep ones.

The Chargers game plan is a massive fail.  It had absolutely no chance to be effective.

Completely. 

3 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

The Chargers are stinking things up just fine on their own, the refs don't ned to help them out. That holding was chintzy, but the PI on the first drive was ridiculous. 

The early calls/no-calls give you a strong indication of how the game is gonna be called. Not tossing the laundry when Rivers got hit after the play was blown dead.......very telling. But you're right -- the Patriots are smokin' the Chargers and exposing Gus Bradley.

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Flood the underneath areas, make Brady have to throw it downfield, give the pass rush time to get there. It's worked plenty of times against them. But then you repeatedly see guys like Bradley come out and go "soft zone, all day. It's almost too brilliant."

Archived