Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: NY AG sues Trump family over “persistent illegal conduct” at Trump Foundation

No Excuses

Get your popcorn ready:

Donald Trump to be the last defense witness called in his civil fraud trial next month

Attorneys for Donald Trump told the court Monday that they plan to call the former president to the stand on December 11 as their last witness in the New York civil fraud trial.

His son Eric Trump, also a defendant, is slated to testify on December 6, according to Trump attorney Chris Kise.

This will be the former president and Eric Trump’s second trip to the witness stand as they were called by the New York attorney general’s office earlier this month.

The defense has previously said it will finish presenting its case by mid-December.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

Of course he didn't follow the rules or instructions.  The question now becomes will there be any repercussions for his moving money without notifying the monitor?  If there are none then what's the point? He can just do what he wants and there's nobody willing to stop him.

• Thumb down 1

Trump loses bid to re-appeal gag order before his next testimony

Donald Trump will not be free from a judge's gag order when he returns to New York City to testify in his $250 million civil fraud trial next Monday.

In a filing on Monday, attorneys for Trump asked the court for permission to appeal a gag order that had been appealed unsuccessfully once before. Trump was hit with a gag order after he attacked Justice Arthur Engoron's clerk on social media.

"Without expedited review, Petitioners will continue to suffer irreparable injury daily, as they are silenced on matters implicating the appearance of bias and impropriety on the bench during a trial of immense stakes," Trump's attorneys said in the filing.

So now they want unlimited appeals?

‘I'll call you right back’: Trump witness takes cellphone call from dad while on the stand

A big shot Palm Beach realtor came up with a novel reason to get off the phone with his father on Tuesday, according to reporters.

“Dad, I love you, but I’ve got to get off the phone,” Lawrence Moens reportedly said in the witness box of Donald Trump’s civil fraud trial.

Moens explained he was testifying for Trump and promised, "I’ll call you right back."

Moens — a self-described high school dropout who quoted Thomas Jefferson in the witness box and reportedly boasted he could sell Mar-a-Lago to Elon Musk for $1 billion — stunned reporters in the New York City courtroom Tuesday when he answered his ringing cellphone.

“Me and a couple other reporters are beside ourselves when Moens’ phone rings and he answers on the witness stand,” wrote Law360’s Stewart Bishop. “That would be a cardinal sin in many courtrooms.”

But Judge Arthur Engoron reportedly brushed it off and accepted Moen’s apology, according to multiple reports.

“Justice Engoron is pretty chill, as far as judges go,” said Courthouse News reporter Erik Uebelacker. “Court Others would have lost it at that.”

Trump’s attorneys called Moens to testify as an expert on the value of the former president’s real estate holdings. Moens reportedly told the courtroom, "I worked very hard to sell rich people properties in Palm Beach."

But after a voir dire from State attorney Kevin Wallace, his testimony was limited to residential property in Palm Beach, according to reports.

Edited by China
  • Haha 1

Clown show...

Trump Says He Will No Longer Testify In Civil Fraud Trial

Former President Donald Trump has said that he will no longer testify on Monday in his civil trial as previously planned, reflecting his growing frustration with the New York case.

In a Sunday post on his social media platform Truth Social, the 2024 Republican candidate repeated his claims, without evidence, that the accusations against him are baseless and a product of election interference by President Joe Biden’s campaign.

“BASED ON THE ABOVE ... & THAT I HAVE ALREADY TESTIFIED TO EVERYTHING & HAVE NOTHING MORE TO SAY OTHER THAN THAT THIS IS A COMPLETE & TOTAL ELECTION INTERFERENCE (BIDEN CAMPAIGN!) WITCH HUNT, THAT WILL DO NOTHING BUT KEEP BUSINESSES OUT OF NEW YORK, I WILL NOT BE TESTIFYING ON MONDAY,” he wrote. “MAGA!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-no-longer-testify-212328655.html

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 12/10/2023 at 6:39 PM, EmirOfShmo said:

Clown show...

Trump Says He Will No Longer Testify In Civil Fraud Trial

Former President Donald Trump has said that he will no longer testify on Monday in his civil trial as previously planned, reflecting his growing frustration with the New York case.

In a Sunday post on his social media platform Truth Social, the 2024 Republican candidate repeated his claims, without evidence, that the accusations against him are baseless and a product of election interference by President Joe Biden’s campaign.

“BASED ON THE ABOVE ... & THAT I HAVE ALREADY TESTIFIED TO EVERYTHING & HAVE NOTHING MORE TO SAY OTHER THAN THAT THIS IS A COMPLETE & TOTAL ELECTION INTERFERENCE (BIDEN CAMPAIGN!) WITCH HUNT, THAT WILL DO NOTHING BUT KEEP BUSINESSES OUT OF NEW YORK, I WILL NOT BE TESTIFYING ON MONDAY,” he wrote. “MAGA!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-no-longer-testify-212328655.html

Punk-ass ****…

• Like 1

What a crock of BS, the gag order has nothing to do with his testimony:

Trump whines that gag order forced him not to testify in fraud trial

Donald Trump admitted Tuesday he dodged testifying in own fraud trial because of a gag order banning him from commenting on court staff in his $250 million fraud trial.

Trump took to Truth Social Monday to decry both Justice Arthur Engoron — who has said he has received credible death threats during court proceedings — and Attorney General Letitia James.

“I wanted to testify on Monday, despite the fact that I already testified successfully, answering all questions having to do with the Fake, No Victims, No Jury lawsuit, thrown at me by the Corrupt Racist A.G., Letitia James, and presided over by a Trump hating judge who suffers from a massive case of Trump Derangement Syndrome, and is a puppet for the CROOKED A.G.” Trump wrote.

“Anyway, the Judge, Arthur Engoron, put a GAG ORDER on me, even when I testify, totally taking away my constitutional right to defend myself. We are appealing, but how would you like to be a witness and not be allowed free snd [sic] honest speech. THE TRIAL IS RIGGED. I DID NOTHING WRONG!!!”

Rigged?  Where have we heard that before?  Trump needs to go.  "Will no one rid me of this troublesome priest?"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

I read closing arguments are January 11th w/ the judge hoping to wrap it up by the end of January...

Yes:

Trump fraud trial live updates: State rests its case, with closing arguments set for Jan. 11

The evidentiary portion of former President Trump's civil fraud trial concluded with a combative cross-examination of the state's rebuttal expert.

"The People rest," state attorney Kevin Wallace said after testimony had wrapped up.

During the cross-examination of Cornell accounting professor Eric Lewis, defense attorney Jesus Suarez questioning whether he had "any other real world experience" in accounting other than in the classroom or reviewing documents for court cases. Lewis conceded he did not.

Court will adjourn until Jan. 11, when both sides will present closing arguments after submitting written summations.

Defense attorney Christopher Kise also promised to submit a written argument for a directed verdict that will ask Judge Engoron, for a fifth time, to end the case for lack of evidence. Engoron has not promised to even read such a filing, but said that he "probably" would.

• Thumb up 1

I have an idea.

Lets rig up something that will cause his fat ****ing ass to fall down a sewer hole.
I mean if we are all so good at RIGGING things, lets rig something to get rid of him.

Drop a piano on him, drive a steamroller over his head, squeeze a poison arrow frog into his diet coke.
Rig up something useful.

~Bang

NY officials shred Trump's fraud-trial 'antics' in a sarcasm-laced filing. Judge agrees, signaling trouble to come.

The testimony's over, but the acrimony lingers on at Donald Trump's civil-fraud trial in New York.

Sarcasm and frustration practically drip from the latest filing in the case by the New York attorney general's office, which complained about the Trump team's "antics," "maneuvers," and "sound bites."

"The most ineffective team of experts that Defendants' money can buy," the Monday filing snarked of Trump's more than $2 million in paid witnesses.

The three-page filing is the state attorney general's fed-up response to Trump's latest request for what's called a "directed verdict."

That's when a judge, overwhelmed by a lack of evidence, skips way ahead — forgoing any more testimony, or, in this case, the still-pending closing briefs and arguments — and hands an early win to the defendants.

In a speedy denial issued Monday afternoon, the judge, who has presided over the case for three years, both pretrial and at trial, agreed.

"All that his testimony proved is that for a million or so dollars, some experts will say whatever you want them to say," New York Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron wrote of Trump's star expert, the New York University professor Eli Bartov.

This is the sixth time in nearly three months of trial that Trump's team has asked for a directed verdict.

Each time, Engoron either reserved judgment on the request and continued the trial or denied the motion outright.

Procedurally, the latest request "makes zero sense," the AG's filing said, "coming after Defendants have already made five prior directed verdict motions during the trial, two of which were 'denied' and another of which was 'absolutely denied.'"

"The motion, for the reasons explained below, as with many of the Defendants' courtroom antics and maneuvers during the course of this trial, is nothing more than a political stunt designed to provide Mr. Trump, his co-defendants, and their counsel with sound bites for press conferences, Truth Social posts, and cable news appearances," Amer wrote.

As just one "sound bites" example, on November 9, the Trump attorney Alina Habba told viewers of Fox & Friends that her team was about to seek a directed verdict — at that point, their third.

"It is logically impossible for the Defendants' Motion to have greater merit now based on a larger evidentiary record than their prior failed motions had," the state lawyer wrote.

"Unlike a fine Bordeaux, Defendants' case for a directed verdict does not improve with age," he added.

Amer went on to call this latest directed-verdict request "beyond frivolous" since it relied "on arguments the Court has already rejected," or which were contradicted by the evidence, or which "have no record support at all."

• Thumb up 1

• 3 weeks later...

New York A.G. Seeks $370 Million From Trump After Civil Fraud Trial

The New York attorney general on Friday asked the judge who had overseen the civil fraud trial of Donald J. Trump to penalize the former president about $370 million, saying the trial had demonstrated that he had gained that amount through unlawful conduct.

The sum was well over the $250 million that the attorney general, Letitia James, had estimated in the fall of 2022, when she sued Mr. Trump, accusing him of inflating his net worth to obtain favorable treatment from banks and insurers.

The trial began in October and proceedings ended last month, but Mr. Trump’s fate is not yet settled. The attorney general’s penalty request came in a post-trial brief filed on Friday. Mr. Trump’s lawyers, in one of their own filings, wrote that “the attorney general has woefully failed to prove her case and is not entitled to any of the relief,” including any financial penalty.

• Thumb up 1