Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: STATEMENT FROM THE #REDSKINS - Su’a Cravens

TK

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not sure why some folks seem hellbent on this being a 'mental illness' issue that he needs to work out. 

I don't give the Redskins FO much credit at all and for good reason with the way they've handled a lot of things.  With that said, I'd imagine if Su'a was really, truly dealing with some serious issues whether it's a mental disorder, family, etc. they would not have pulled the plug on his return yesterday.  There are other routes they could have taken without exposing the kids problems.  They chose not to and made his decision for him.

Personally, I think he's an immature kid that likes the glamour and glitz and doesn't have the stomach for the grind of professional football.  He most likely got some bad advice from someone close to him, in regards to hanging them up/taking a leave of absence.  I think he made his decision to leave the team haphazardly.  I don't think he ever thought the team would pull his card and make his decision for him.  I'm sure he's salty as all get out about it too.

Maybe...but Mike Jones' article in the Post indicated the Skins believed their were some family/health issues at play as well.

so, did the Skins not activating him inspire Cravens to rethink retirement or something?  Because it seems like people are writing him off even more this time around?

3 hours ago, Unbias said:

Was he a failed draft pick or did the organization fail to develop him? Think of the entire teams logic for the safety position. They have one guy who's in his 6th season and on his 4th NFL team. The other guy is a career special teamer and technically is the SS, forcing DJ into a bit more of a coverage role. 

Was Cravens ever the answer? He's a LB/S college hybrid. In a pass first NFL I still fail to see how he would have been a solution. 

we were pretty much hoping he's be our Cam Chancellor.  Deshazor Everett is a converted CB, which means even if he's a career special teamer coverage is more in his wheelhouse than a lot of strong safeties, and Swearinger has actually played better since teams have set him up as a free safety

Regardless of whether or not he ever plays again, if there are personal/health issues, I hope and pray for the best for him.

Football is a contact sport, and I don't know if he has any injuries or not, but something's not right with him. Here's to him hopefully resolving whatever the issues are, and can get himself physically and mentally back on track. I never like seeing a player have a mental or physical breakdown, not even a Cowboys player, so let's hope he can resolve the issue.

19 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Do your patients know about your post-loss rants? :P Maybe we should print out a few so you can hand them out, see what they think if you ever tell them to relax and take a deep breath.  GRIN.  

Kind of one of those, "Do as I say, not as I do, oh my god THROW THE EFFING BALL!!!" moments, you know?

22 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

This story makes sense to me, but just to clarify, is the above based on inside information or your personal speculation? Hail

All I can tell you is this. Cravens reasoning behind the "retirement" came purely from his inability to play at the start of the regular season and at his home stadium in L.A the night after USC played there, this was set up in his mind and all he would yap about. The powers that be are very clear in the Redskins FO; Bruce is in full charge in controlling this roster and nobody else. I can't tell you exactly what Cravens was / is thinking, but I know what some think "of" him. They think he loves to play, but hates the grind. Like I've said previously, mental health issues are seriously at play here, along with immaturity. I'm siding with the FO on this one in sending a strong message to protect the players in the locker room from a potential cancerous situation in Cravens. He needs to really find himself between now and OTA's.

4 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

Kind of one of those, "Do as I say, not as I do, oh my god THROW THE EFFING BALL!!!" moments, you know?

I know them well.  Very well.  Probably too well. 

At least you you could relate to a patient who has difficulty controlling their emotions under high-stress situations.  "Look, I know, your wife told you that she was sleeping with your best friend, and it's hard to keep your cool under those circumstances.  Just like it was hard for me not to break things, lots of things, after Cousins threw a pick in the end zone and caused us to loose to the Eagles.  It's kindof the same thing.  You've just got to keep your cool and not do something you might regret."

6 minutes ago, Rocky52Mc said:

All I can tell you is this. Cravens reasoning behind the "retirement" came purely from his inability to play at the start of the regular season and at his home stadium in L.A the night after USC played there, this was set up in his mind and all he would yap about. 

Dude does seem obsessed with his alma mater.  I see plenty of guys show love to their school, talk back and forth thru social media.  Su'a just seems like a Toys R Us kid that doesn't want to grow up.

16 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I know them well.  Very well.  Probably too well. 

At least you you could relate to a patient who has difficulty controlling their emotions under high-stress situations.  "Look, I know, your wife told you that she was sleeping with your best friend, and it's hard to keep your cool under those circumstances.  Just like it was hard for me not to break things, lots of things, after Cousins threw a pick in the end zone and caused us to loose to the Eagles.  It's kindof the same thing.  You've just got to keep your cool and not do something you might regret."

Are you recording my sessions?????

24 minutes ago, Rocky52Mc said:

All I can tell you is this. Cravens reasoning behind the "retirement" came purely from his inability to play at the start of the regular season and at his home stadium in L.A the night after USC played there, this was set up in his mind and all he would yap about. The powers that be are very clear in the Redskins FO; Bruce is in full charge in controlling this roster and nobody else. I can't tell you exactly what Cravens was / is thinking, but I know what some think "of" him. They think he loves to play, but hates the grind. Like I've said previously, mental health issues are seriously at play here, along with immaturity. I'm siding with the FO on this one in sending a strong message to protect the players in the locker room from a potential cancerous situation in Cravens. He needs to really find himself between now and OTA's.

Thanks. Again, to clarify, when you use the term "mental illness" are you referring to an actual mental illness separate from "loving to play, hating the grind"? Because that to me is just immaturity/laziness.

If what you're saying is true and the full story, kid sounds like an idiot. Taking your ball and going home sounds great until you realize just how expendable you really are, and just how quick that door shuts for good.

Archived