• Blog Entries

• By JimmiJo in ES Coverage
      ES Coverage Cowboys vs Redskins 2019

9/15/19

Do I look like I'm playing? I'm not playing. This is the Washington Redskins versus the Dallas Cowboys. If you are a fan of this game, and this one does not get you excited you might want to check your pulse.

Hello my friends it is I, JimmiJo, back for another year of this wonderful thing we call Redskins Football. This makes season 14 for me. I am joined by The Spaceman Spiff who will hereafter be known as "The Spaceman Spiff." 

Where's that dude that gets the big tattoos on his back? There's his next one.

So how important is this game? I don't know. What is the different between 1-1 and 0-2? The difference between batting .500 and zippy?

Throw in that this is their 2nd division game to start the year AND a home game and you have a critical match.

And once again they contend with critical injuries to start the year. Last year it was  their rookie star running back. This year its their 2nd year star...well you get the rest.  Darrius Guice is gone and not coming back this year. I think this really hurts him moving forward. Not sure who will build a scheme around him given his first two seasons.

So it is down to the veteran Adrian Peterson. I have no worries of ring rust for hum. None whatsoever. He knows what to do.

Anyway, almost time. Please share your thoughts.

Stand by...

Inactives

The Redskins declared the following players as inactive:
      o   No. 12 QB Colt McCoy
      o   No. 23 CB Quinton Dunbar
      o   No. 31 Fabian Moreau
      o   No. 64 C Ross Pierschbacher
      o   No. 67 G Wes Martin
      o   No. 86 TE Jordan Reed
      o   No. 93 DT Jonathan Allen

The Cowboys declared the following players as inactive:
      o   No. 10 WR Tavon Austin
      o   No. 37 S Donovan Wilson
      o   No. 57 LB Luke Gifford
      o   No. 61 C Adam Redmond
      o   No. 69 G Brandon Knight
      o   No. 79 DT Trysten Hill
      o   No. 97 DE Taco Charlton

Follow along in-game at Twitter @Skinscast 

JimmiJo

Head coach Jay Gruden said it is not time to press the panic button when asked if staff changes could occur on the defensive coaching staff. It may not be for him, but he might want to pay attention to the sounds coming from the owners suite at Redskins Park.

For example the sound of shouting and heavy objects striking walls could portend an early offseason for someone.

The Washington Redskins are now 0-2 to start the season. They are 0-2 in the division.

If that is not panic-inducing, they face a Chicago Bears football team (themselves in need of a solid win) on Monday Night Football next. A series they do not typically do well on.

In both games to open the campaign the winning teams had the game well in hand at the start of the fourth quarter, despite Washington taking leads in each of the games.

Against Dallas, the team began well again; taking a 7-0 lead into the second quarter. This was not quite the 17-0 start they had in Philadelphia. Nor did it take until halftime for the Cowboys to adjust.

It happened on Dallas’ fourth drive. Starting at their own 3-yard line at 9:44 in the 2nd period, the Cowboys employed a combination of runs up the middle and quick outs in the flats and sideline to advance the ball 97-yards in 7 plays and tie the game.

Following a three-and-out by Washington, Dallas went 74-yards on 11-plays to take the 14-7 lead at halftime.

The 3rd Quarter began with the Cowboys receiving the ball at their own 25. Nine plays  and 75-yards later they were leading 21-7.

The Redskins made it interesting with their own 11-play, 70-yard drive to cut he lead to 7.

But Dallas responded with a field goal. And would add another touchdown in the fourth quarter to extend the lead to 17.

Washington’s consolation score with just under 3-minutes remaining allowed rookie Terry McLaurin to add a touchdown to his debut season.

The Redskins have developed a reputation for not responding well to adjustments. They had little answer for the adjustments Dallas made to their offense. Ditto the game in Philadelphia.

In both, Washington had a lead to protect and could not.

Coming into the season the defense was expected to the be the strength of the team. Yet in two games they have surrendered 910 yards (445 per game) and 63 points. Not exactly setting the world on fire.

Statistically the Redskins defense are near the bottom in points allowed and yards surrendered.

The coach wants to blame injuries. Not only the their excellent young nose tackle in Jonathan Allen, but also to the secondary which has already gone significant realignment to accommodate injuries to Quinton Dunbar and Fabian Moreau.

Still, with the specter of a season going off the rails after only two games, the fans want someone to blame.

Wont be the quarterback. Case Keenum has completed 68.2 percent of his passes. He has thrown 3 touchdowns against no interceptions.
      Ditto other skill positions. Adrian Peterson did not his best outing but the team abandoned the run early. The receivers are doling their own, with guys like McLaurin shining.

And as bad as the collapse was last week and the home loss this, it feels too early to call for the head coach.

That leaves those in charge of the defense. Specifically, Defensive Coordinator Greg Manusky.

Fan ire seems more and more to be falling on Manusky, if sentiment on twitter and sports radio means anything.

But they don’t decide who stays and who leaves. That is the job of the head coach who so far, is backing his guy.

But there is a higher authority at Redskins Park. Legend has it owner Daniel Snyder once put a gallon of vanilla ice cream outside a Redskins defensive coordinator’s door following a poor performance by the defense.  

Given the start to this season, Manusky could be hearing the ice cream truck in his sleep. And that would be better than what many of the fans are wishing for him.

Rdskns2000

Presidential Election 2020 - Baby Sharpie vs Batwoman or Batman

Posted (edited)

Terrible framing. She got paid doing her job like any other lawyer. Getting ratioed as it should.

Edited by Cooked Crack
  • Like 1

(For some reason they cut off the part before this where he says he thinks Trump is a racist.)

9 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Terrible framing. She got paid doing her job like any other lawyer. Getting ratioed as it should.

The article interesting as hell with regards to the work she did for the plaintiffs. She got s good settlement from Dow Chemicals for their dangerous breast implants for instance.

A misleading headline and lead.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

This.  $675/hr, even adjusted for inflation, is not some crazy amount for a top-notch lawyer.  And in the field of bankruptcy, Warren was considered as expert as they come.  

• Like 3

Is Starbucks guy still running?  I haven't heard anything about him in over a month.  Remember when he was a thing?

14 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Is Starbucks guy still running?  I haven't heard anything about him in over a month.  Remember when he was a thing?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

But the honest response is:  No idea? Lol.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Dutch Shultz is sposidly recovering from back surgery. Also he's waiting to see if Sleepy Joes campaign crashes n burns.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/howard-schultz-has-largely-stopped-his-2020-presidential-prep-work

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Hope so gives me someone to vote for.

• Haha 2

Buttjugg is definitely my #2 atm.  Biden is good and I think stands a great chance against Trump but dammit, mayor Pete is young and so ****ing smart.  I wish I could be more like him other than the gay thing, which I have no problem with.

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Uh.....

that was the original cover pic. I doubt we will hear anything from Megan McCain and AIPAC. Def not from Steny Hoyer and fat Joffrey.