Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Dunno where I get this mental image that Bernie supporters are mouth foamers who's "reasoning" consists of stringing together three sentences that look like they came from Google translate, and then acting like they've demonstrated that the entire world is against them.  

I like Burnie Sanders. I’m a bro. I don’t think I classify as a Burnie Bro. 

Its all so confusing 

1 minute ago, Larry said:

Dunno where I get this mental image that Bernie supporters are mouth foamers who's "reasoning" consists of stringing together three sentences that look like they came from Google translate, and then acting like they've demonstrated that the entire world is against them.  

Rude lol 

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Warren tweet calling egomaniac billionaire. 

Nothing turns me off from a candidate like name calling.  I hope she doesn't keep it up.  I mean she is already second from the bottom on my list (above Bernie) but she floats right around the cutoff of if I could vote for that person or just not vote.

Her name calling turn anyone else off?

6 minutes ago, visionary said:

I will say the media has really been pushing the Bernie inevitability and Bernie VS Bloomberg inevitability for a bit now.  It's kind of annoying and depressing, but it does seem to play out in the polls....

Well, because it's playing out in the polls and could play out in the actual voting. 

The only way Amy, Pete, Elizabeth and Joe have a shot; is by actually winning states. They have to finish ahead of Bernie & outright beat his ass.

I don't see Amy or Elizabeth doing that.  Unless Pete gets minority support, he's not doing that.  If Joe doesn't win NV & SC outright, he won't be

doing that either.   With his opposition divided, Bernie can cruise to the the delegate lead. He won't secure enough delegates to win the nomination but

he will be the overall delegate leader.  Bloomberg is a factor because the guy has spent over $400 million so far and it appears he's drawing black support

from Joe.  So it's only natural the media is saying this race is either a Bernie rout  or a Bernie vs Mike race. 

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Not really when I think its accurate. My biggest problem is it makes me feel like a hypocrite when I can accept it in some form from people I like against people I don't. I dont really know where to draw the line and it makes me feel like im just siding with people I like. And maybe I am. I dont know how to feel about it tbh 

5 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Well, because it's playing out in the polls and could play out in the actual voting. 

It was just last week we had Chuck Todd saying Sanders is NOT the front runner, even though he literally was at the time. And Chris Matthews saying Burnie was going to shoot people in the streets if he gets elected. So its funny to get the feeling that they favor him now imo 

1 hour ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

actually think the term does nothing but diminish another human being. 

correct

And I believe the term is used not only mockingly, but also belittling.

correct

It crests with overtones of admonishing fingerwagging and serves only to be dismissive of the individual.

correct

its not racist though and at this point I’m not really sure what your point is anymore other than people troll on twitter and some get paid for it

I’m here to implore you and those dems to instead of taking a pejorative swipe at someone, use that moment for an olive brach and find a way to reach a disenfranchised person. Be the change. 

this is cute. See: below

no one is mocking them for being screwed over and angry about it. 

they’re being mocked because they behave like petulant school bullies. They have similar behavior to trumpers. 

and worse, if they don’t get their exact way, they’d rather sabotage it for everyone else. That is: take their ball and go home

when they learn how to be a reasonably mature adult they’ll be welcomed with open arms by the entire party (I’m not a democrat but I presume that’s the case.) until then they’ll get treated like the petulant children they deserve to be. 

Most adults are willing to work with other people. But it’s a two way street, and they seem to be pretty firm on their move at this point. 

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

no because the reality is that’s not who she is

that tweet reads like a campaign staffer said idea to craft a question for the next debate

”you tweeted <blah> explain”

I personally find that line of setup and questioning dumb, but I understand why a campaign a policy wonk as a candidate may be trying to color outside the lines at the moment. 

1 hour ago, visionary said:

will say the media has really been pushing the Bernie inevitability and Bernie VS Bloomberg inevitability for a bit now.  It's kind of annoying and depressing, but it does seem to play out in the polls....

Yeah but are the polls driving the media or media driving the polls?

I actually think the term does nothing but diminish another human being. And I believe the term is used not only mockingly, but also belittling.

It crests with overtones of admonishing fingerwagging and serves only to be dismissive of the individual.

This does not sound like a Bernie Bro.  Ergo, I don't think you fit the category. The term, as I understand it, is not synonymous with all Sanders supporters.  It refers to a subset who act like assholes.  

It came from the same Clinton camp that brought you deplorables, only this "B bros" is weaponized against the very same political party. 

Clinton has been firing off shots at Bernie for ... ever. 

And I'd like some backing of this assertion.   (Though, as it turns out, Hilary was exactly right with the term "deplorables" - white supremacists; nationalists; angry, Rush Limbaugh listening, whose idea of the best politician is one "who could stick it to the lib-tards.")

Robinson Meyer, a writer for The Atlantic, coined the term "Bernie bro" in an October 17, 2015 article to describe a phenomenon in which young, white, progressive men were accused of "hectoring their friends" on Facebook to support Sanders.

And the bernie sanders movement is multi-racial, multi-gendered and encompasses all age brackets. So invariably, the "bros" slap back has likely offended some innocent onlookers and some of the most downtrodden of our society in the process. 

So you see, if someone from the centrist, corporate democract bloc who calls themselves liberal, just goes about smearing the progressive left of their party, at least Biden would tell you to go vote for someone else, I’m here to implore you and those dems to instead of taking a pejorative swipe at someone, use that moment for an olive brach and find a way to reach a disenfranchised person. Be the change. 

Again, if the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it.

Lastly, the vocabulary of the poor and marginalized will always be terse and blunt, imbuing truthfulness. Expletives are the vocabulary of the working class, because it’s the most direct and real talk, not pristine super-pac floweriness.   

So now the phrase is a class thing.  You are all over the map.  

I will agree with you completely that anything, or anyone, who engages in threats of violence should be condemned. But where I disagree (in theory) is that someone who has been screwed over to their face for generations should be mocked and dismissed out of hand because vitriol gets the better of them since they happen to be and have a right to be pissed off.

"For generations"?  See the origin of the term above.

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

It was just last week we had Chuck Todd saying Sanders is NOT the front runner, even though he literally was at the time. And Chris Matthews saying Burnie was going to shoot people in the streets if he gets elected. So its funny to get the feeling that they favor him now imo 

It's not about favoring, it's about driving a narrative and creating buzz.  The more you talk about someone the more people hear about them and it makes people interested even if some of it is negative.  Sanders obviously has always had an advantage once he got it the race because of his prior campaign and organization, name recognition, plus the diehards.  He also started peaking right around the time the primaries started.   But the election analysts have all been talking up Sanders since before the primaries started when he took the lead in the polls and have been acting as if no one can beat him for a couple of weeks now, even if some folks on MSNBC and other places have been attacking him.  To be fair, they seem to be right, but it's unclear how much of the discussion and media driven narrative has helped make this true.  That's also likely somewhat the case with candidates struggles to get minority support or Bloomberg's supposed strength and viability.  The more people hear about it, the more they believe it and internalize it and spread it around and the more true it becomes.  

Yeah like Amy klobuchar

i imagine you get different outcomes in these two scenarios

- media discussing klobuchar “polls badly with people of color” 

vs

- media saying klobuchar is an unknown among people of color nationally because she was in Minnesota her whole career, here’s where she stands on issues they care about:

buttigeig has negative stories which is why I didn’t use him 

the problem with blaming the media for sanders or warren is they’ve both been around a long time and have spent the time since the last election carefully crafting image. 

Well then I guess I agree. I think the same is true about the idea that his politics will destroy the country and leave us in ruin. The more people hear it the more they think it’s true. And lots of people think it’s true, when there are a lot of examples that suggest otherwise. 

This bottom tweet is from a Biden campaign person.

By the way I think it's getting to a point when a candidate dropping out may not make as much difference on Super Tuesday or South Carolina, because they will still be on the polls and people have already voted early.

Hmmm, I've seen people posting a video supposedly of Sanders supporters fighting at a rally or something yesterday, but so far it hasn't been talked about by anyone reliable, so I have no idea if it's real or what.

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The only way Amy, Pete, Elizabeth and Joe have a shot; is by actually winning states. They have to finish ahead of Bernie & outright beat his ass.

I don't see Amy or Elizabeth doing that.  Unless Pete gets minority support, he's not doing that.  If Joe doesn't win NV & SC outright, he won't be

doing that either.   With his opposition divided, Bernie can cruise to the the delegate lead.

Yeah, as long as Bernie can "win" with 25% of the vote, he's the front runner. 

Archived