Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The whole idea of “fair share” is ludicrous anyway... ”Fairness” has nothing to do with it.  We’re talking about the health and future of the nation...period.

Which is ironic when democratic candidates suggest rich people aren't paying their fair share.

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Well according to the cited article, it was a whopping 2%.  Oh the humanity!  Bill Gates is gonna end up in section 8 housing with crazy proposals like that.

That is 2% of all of Bill Gates assets every year. Not his income.

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

Well according to the cited article, it was a whopping 2%.  Oh the humanity!  Bill Gates is gonna end up in section 8 housing with crazy proposals like that.

TWO PERCENT. 

If this was applied to a $50 million fortune, they’d still have $49 million. #poorhouse #rameneverynight

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

She wants an INCOME tax AND a wealth tax. A wealth tax is IN ADDITION to the income tax. 

Eg, you paid taxes on the income you made each year for the past 10 years, and you saved enough money, bought a house, whatever, and now your total assets are over 50 million. The sum of those assets are taxed (at 2% - 3%) on top of your income tax for this year.

Actually the proposal is on an amount OVER $50 million.  So if you're worth $51m, you'd get a tax of 2% on that $1 million.  

#factsmattertoeveryonebutyouapparently

3 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

That is 2% of all of Bill Gates assets every year. Not his income.

Please show where this is the case.  You may be right, though I doubt it.

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Actually the proposal is on an amount OVER $50 million.  So if you're worth $51m, you'd get a tax of 2% on that $1 million.  

#factsmattertoeveryonebutyouapparently

Im sorry but feel like this is very similar to what i said.

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Nothing ironic about it.  I don’t regurgitate party dogma, I speak truth.

Try it some time.

I was talking about the democratic candidates, not you.

4 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Im sorry but feel like this is very similar to what i said.

I just want you to be clear here, for me and everyone else here that would judge your ability to tell the truth, you don't understand the difference between a tax on $51m and $1m?  You really think those are similar?

6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Trickle down economics is one of the biggest scams ever pulled. 

Or maybe...It’s just about to finally kick in.  Trump’s big tax cut is the one that’s finally going to wash riches down upon the middle classes!!

Could go either way, I think.  Should we cut taxes again?  To give it that extra MAGATURBO boost?!?

If you own a home, you are already paying a form of wealth tax, it’s just called property tax. For most non-kajillionaires, their home accounts for the majority of their wealth, so regular joe’s are already paying a wealth tax on most of their wealth, in addition to income taxes, every year. 

Warren’s plan just applies the same concept to other ways that the ultrawealthy hold their assets. 

19 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I just want you to be clear here, for me and everyone else here that would judge your ability to tell the truth, you don't understand the difference between a tax on $51m and $1m?  You really think those are similar?

Bill gates would be taxed 1.3 billion dollars every year, on top of his income tax.

7 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Bill gates would be taxed 1.3 billion dollars every year, on top of his income tax.

1.  Refer back to my comment regarding Warren Buffett's tax rate compared to his secretary.  

2.  Sure.  Let's just say that is true.  What is your problem with it?  Let's say I make $100k a year (I don't but close enough).  I would gladly give an extra $2k a year to help fix what ails us.  Now you MAY be smart enough to point out that is my income, not assets.  But I would be able to deduct debt owed on those items.  And that is where you get into how the wealthy handle taxes.  

You're out of your league here.

Even Bill Gates thinks Bill Gates should pay more in taxes. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6697351/Microsoft-founder-Bill-Gates-says-rest-worlds-richest-dont-deserve-fortunes.html

Bill Gates yesterday claimed he had paid too little tax and did not deserve to be so rich.

The 63-year-old, who is worth around £73billion, said he and other business barons should have to contribute more.

In an interview with the Mail, he said: ‘I have paid more than $10billion (£7.75billion) in taxes but I should have paid more. I more than followed the law but I think things should be more progressive.’

Warren Buffett (famously) thinks the same thing. 

8 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

1.  Refer back to my comment regarding Warren Buffett's tax rate compared to his secretary.  

2.  Sure.  Let's just say that is true.  What is your problem with it?  Let's say I make $100k a year (I don't but close enough).  I would gladly give an extra $2k a year to help fix what ails us. 

Nothing is stopping you from doing so. You could give 50K if you wanted to... You could gladly but you don’t.

Now you MAY be smart enough to point out that is my income, not assets.  But I would be able to deduct debt owed on those items.  And that is where you get into how the wealthy handle taxes.  

So what is your point? That the rich can just get out of paying the wealth tax by obtaining a lot of debt?

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Even Bill Gates thinks Bill Gates should pay more in taxes. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6697351/Microsoft-founder-Bill-Gates-says-rest-worlds-richest-dont-deserve-fortunes.html

Warren Buffett (famously) thinks the same thing. 

again, there is nothing stopping these guys from donating all their wealth... if they really believe they should and aren’t just giving lip service.

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

again, there is nothing stopping these guys from donating all their wealth... if they really believe they should and aren’t just giving lip service.

15 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Lol, Bill Gates doesn’t pay income taxes. You really don’t know how any of this works, do you?

Just making sure you saw this. :)

Archived