Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nazis showing up at places uninvited.

No Excuses

Dan Rather posted this on his FB page:

Dan Rather's comments

>>>

The real Donald Trump has stood up... again.

There will be no pivot. There never was going to be.

There will be no becoming presidential. There never was going to be.

There will be no humility. No decorum. No sense of justice or empathy. There never was going to be.

We are far past the time for excuses, for anyone.

In one of the most surreal and depressing presidential press conferences ever, Mr. Trump said what most people dreaded but already knew. His blatant false equivalence between Nazis and those who oppose them that he said on Saturday, that's how he really feels - times a thousand.

With any other president this would be unbelievable. But with Mr. Trump it is all too believable. It is clear that he doesn't consider himself to be the President of the United States of America - no matter what his official job title says. Down where he lives he is the president of his base, which includes a lot of bigots and even Nazis and members of the Klan. Not everyone who voted for him is in this category, not nearly. But they make up a large majority of his personal base. And thankfully for all of us, this is a distinct (but frightening) minority of our nation. The vast majority of Americans are decent people of conscience. And I believe in the end this vast majority will prevail.

The question is whether those who defend the President, or seeks to normalize him or change the subject, will be seen as worse than enablers. Will they be viewed by history as sympathizers to the worst instincts of American hatred?<<<

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, visionary said:

Hopefully everyone understands that the worst move possible right now is to help them out of this hole by doing something stupid.  Republicans are jumping ship, surrogates are probably considering a new line of work, and Trump has never looked worse.  Keep it that way.  Don't give them a video or violent act to point to and say "see, that's what we've been saying!" 

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, Destino said:

Hopefully everyone understands that the worst move possible right now is to help them out of this hole by doing something stupid.  Republicans are jumping ship, surrogates are probably considering a new line of work, and Trump has never looked worse.  Keep it that way.  Don't give them a video or violent act to point to and say "see, that's what we've been saying!" 

I really wonder how many of them are going to try it. A few, I'm sure. 

Just now, AsburySkinsFan said:

@twa what are your thoughts about what Trump said today? You've been pretty quiet in all of this lately. 

Haven't had the pleasure of listening to his remarks.

Glad to see I'm missed though .

6 minutes ago, twa said:

Haven't had the pleasure of listening to his remarks.

Glad to see I'm missed though .

Do you plan on watching them? I mean they seem pretty controversial to many and I know you still feel that Trump is still better than Hillary. I'm just curious if his position after this weekend's events concern you, or if you find them defensible.

We'll give you a hour or two to power up the deflector shield, twa.

Or at least time to inflate the blow up doll to escape the sinking ship.

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Do you plan on watching them? I mean they seem pretty controversial to many and I know you still feel that Trump is still better than Hillary. I'm just curious if his position after this weekend's events concern you, or if you find them defensible.

Well you see..she had these emails..

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 3

Just now, AsburySkinsFan said:

Probably not

5 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Everyone who voted Trump knew they were voting for a racist. They just didn't care enough to change their votes. Other factors superceded the whole race stuff. This weekend just makes it more obvious Trump is who we said he was. Silence is pretty much what I've seen from the Trump people. No mention of the domestic terror that took place.

• Like 4