Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com: Kirk Cousins contract talks with Redskins on positive track

TK

2 minutes ago, CTskin said:

To all who point to the games that we coulda/shoulda won, every other team has the same excuses.

...and most have QBs that make 20M+ a season, that entered into contracts prior to 2017.  Believe it or not, Tom Brady's don't grow on trees and teams actually have to field less than that caliber of QB and pay them even more money.

3 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

LOL, I just want to get my post in on this mega-thread, before it closes.

I guess I can "stay medium" on this latest development -- but it makes me wonder about the Skins organization.  

The 'Skins have been willing to gamble on big contracts before -- and it's normal to have to pay a premium for a homegrown QB talent that seems to fit your system.  This is one of the times when it might be more prudent overpay this season, than REALLY OVERPAY the next season.

if Cousins plays close to like what he's done in the last two seasons -- I'm confident there will be some teams interested in him.  49'ers, Browns, Jags, Cardinals, and maybe the Jets, Saints, and Vikings (depending on what happens with their QB situation.).  You might also have  the Rams who may decide Goff isn't panning out, and maybe even Chargers if Rivers is done.  And while I don't think the Broncos would be in the market, you never know.

Cousins is a polished looking QB, well-spoken, and a "safe bet", PR wise.  There will be interest in him and the bidding may exceed the capacity of Bruce Allen's tightly clutched wallet.

it's been years since their last big time gamble.  They've grown out of that phase

1 minute ago, CTskin said:

Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers did also... There's a reason they're considered top tier and getting paid accordingly

Ryan had many doubters before this season (said the same 'win a big game' line a lot) and Rodgers is the best QB in the league, so there's only one of him. 

2 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers did also... There's a reason they're considered top tier and getting paid accordingly

The Falcons were 6-10 and 8-8 before last season with those crappy defensees until they revamped them. Aaron Rodgers....well he is one of the best of all time. 

Falcons also had a ridiculous rushing attack.

Archived