Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Syria chemical attack victims gassed as they slept

visionary

Got high hopes that they can work out those civilian escape busses. Obviously, not happy about the car bomb. (Maybe space the busses further apart?  But I assume they've considered it, and have their reasons). 

But still, I'm cheering for them. 

Khan Sheikhoun crater

Theodore Postol, a professor emeritus at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), issued a series of three reports in response to the White House's finding that Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad perpetrated the attack on 4 April.

"In fact, a main piece of evidence that is cited in the document point to an attack that was executed by individuals on the ground, not from an aircraft, on the morning of 4 April.

"This conclusion is based on an assumption made by the White House when it cited the source of the sarin release and the photographs of that source. My own assessment is that the source was very likely tampered with or staged, so no serious conclusion could be made from the photographs cited by the White House."

His analysis of the shell suggests that it could not have been dropped from an airplane as the damage of the casing is inconsistent from an aerial explosion. Instead, Postol said it was more likely that an explosive charge was laid upon the shell containing sarin, before being detonated.

"The explosive acted on the pipe as a blunt crushing mallet," Postol said. "It drove the pipe into the ground while at the same time creating the crater.

"Since the pipe was filled with sarin, which is an incompressible fluid, as the pipe was flattened, the sarin acted on the walls and ends of the pipe causing a crack along the length of the pipe and also the failure of the cap on the back end."

The implication of Postol's analysis is that it was carried out by anti-government insurgents as Khan Sheikhoun is in militant-controlled territory of Syria.

edit - https://www.yahoo.com/news/mit-expert-claims-latest-chemical-100819428.html

Maybe I'm asking for too much.  But I would assume that when we're talking about an active battlefield in which we are participating, that we would have the ability to account for the exact location of every single aircraft in the country, minute my minute, 24x7.  

Maybe we would not have known what the mission of that particular aircraft was.  But that once the weapon hit, we should be able to go back through the video, and identify the exact aircraft that dropped it.  To backtrack that aircraft and identify which base it took off from.  Maybe even which building the aircraft emerged from.  (If we had a drone over the airbase at the time.)  

I certainly understand that we don;t know everything that's going on, there.  But I would have thought that we would know about every single military aircraft.  

Besides this, the latest conspiracy theory (as there are always so many of these when it comes to such events) doesn't mesh with the previous ones put out by the Regime, Russia, and their followers, nor does it make logical sense or match the regime and Russia's actions before and after the fact and US intel about it.

3 hours ago, visionary said:

Might want to wait till the war's over.  

1)  Safer.  (Lower insurance costs.)  

2)  Better chance of getting paid.  

3)  You'll know which side won.  (Which also goes to point 2.  

Archived