Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Baltimore Orioles Thread - We suck again!

MattFancy

20 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I watch strictly for the young players to see what they do. Great learning experience for Hays. Really hope Sisco gets to start soon. Miley sucks. He has definitely pitched his was out of his option getting picked up. 

I feel ya.  I'm watching for the offense, really.   Even though I've seen thousands of Adam Jones at bats, I still want to watch him.  I marvel at him when he lays off the low and outside slider.  He's still fun to watch.

Definitely watching for Mancini and Hays.  

Watching for Machado because he's one of the best, and we don't know how much longer he'll be here, so gotta enjoy it while it lasts.

Watching for Beckham because I really think we got a late bloomer and he'll be a stud for us for years to come.  Even if he's a .270/.325/.500 SS, an .825 or so 

OPS out of the SS position is pretty awesome.

Even Davis and Trumbo, maybe they can go deep.

****in Miley.  What a terrible pickup.

7 hours ago, Hersh said:

Can't post the article now but Heyman is reporting that the O's have no interest in trading Manny but they also have not decided whether to try to sign him long term. 

Here's the article:  https://www.fanragsports.com/heyman-orioles-have-no-intention-of-shopping-manny-machado/

While it says they have no intention of shopping him, it DOESN'T say that they aren't NOT taking phonecalls on him.  Bit of a difference.  Semantics, really.  

Part of me thinks, well, they signed Roberts, Nick, Jones, Davis...the Orioles have done a pretty good job over the years of extending their own.  I don't think there was any interest in bringing Wieters back and that was fine.  

But the other part of me is like, this is just another beast altogether and the fact that they've kept their own doesn't matter as all of those deals combined would probably be what it'd take to keep him.  

I really think Manny will stay here.  Our prospect stable isn't awful, and if ownership would open their wallets to spend on pitching...like actual QUALITY pitching, this team can compete for the AL East next season. 

Stranger things have happened, but if the O's can find a way to shed themselves of Chris Davis, that would be the best offseason ever. 

2 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

Trade Trumbo for whatever you can get.  See if Texas will take Davis back with that god awful salary for anything.  I'd rather use that money on Manny, who can actually hit. 

It's too bad teams can't trade draft picks cause that's how you get rid of those contracts. Otherwise wishful thinking. 

On 9/22/2017 at 11:11 AM, Hersh said:

It's too bad teams can't trade draft picks cause that's how you get rid of those contracts. Otherwise wishful thinking. 

Yeah, I know. We do have Manny for one more year, so while I hate to root for us to lose, maybe we'll be behind at the deadline next year and can become sellers and try to dump one or both. My preference is Davis and put Mancini at first.

3 hours ago, Hersh said:

In the event you guys are watching, JJ hit a home run today in what is his last home game. Sisco hit one out as well. 

I watched most of it.  They gave JJ a really nice standing ovation at his first at bat.  Great player, when he was on for us there weren't a lot of shortstops that could do it better.

You could really see Hardy turn around and be a really good coach. If he can't get a gig as a reserve for next season somewhere hopefully the O's have a job for him in the organization. 

Couldn't catch the the game but I saw the ovation to start and after the homer. Got a little dusty in here. 

Archived