Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Offseason Twitter Thread

TSO

Niles Paul @NilesP_ Mar 6

Got to talk to a class at the University of Maryland about my experiences as a college athlete. It was pretty dope ??

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL 4m4 minutes ago

Mark Bullock Retweeted Adam Schefter

Would fit #Redskins recent trend of going for older, more experienced veteran safeties. (After Goldson, Whitner, converting Hall/Blackmon)

Mark Bullock added,

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter
49ers released S Antoine Bethea.

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL 3m3 minutes ago

Mark Bullock Retweeted Tommy Gibson

SF had the cap room to make a run at Kirk anyway. This move is likely just getting younger on a roster that needs rebuilding.

Mark Bullock added,

Tommy Gibson @Coach_TommyG
@MarkBullockNFL also raises eyebrows as to why SF is creating even MORE cap room.. run at Kirk?

Amy TraskVerified account @AmyTrask 7m7 minutes ago

Free agency reminder: cap is not only thing that matters - cap is system of accounting - cash matters too - more to some teams than others.

Burgundy Burner @BurgundyBurner 52m52 minutes ago

Cousin Kirk can still get the transition tag next year and the Redskins can match any offer. Or decline. Skins still very much in control.

Master TesfatsionVerified account @MasterTes

#Redskins & WR DeSean Jackson expected to part ways, per sources. Bucs, Eagles, Patriots and Cowboys interested.

read it in BRBN WP

2 hours ago, HapHaszard said:

I heard this interview on Grant and Danny and this P Schrags.. guy is saying that only based on his gut feeling the skins wont let both Garcon and D Jax, so he thnks we keep D Jax. Absolutely no sources, journalism, reporting, credibility to it .. just this guys guess. 

StaceyDalesVerified account @StaceyDales 30m30 minutes ago

Source close to Adrian Peterson told me desirable landing spots for AP incl. Raiders & Seahawks. Source: they will know more later tonight.

6 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

I heard this interview on Grant and Danny and this P Schrags.. guy is saying that only based on his gut feeling the skins wont let both Garcon and D Jax, so he thnks we keep D Jax. Absolutely no sources, journalism, reporting, credibility to it .. just this guys guess. 

I hear we are talking to him, not sure if we want to pay what he will get though.  I don't see the Bucs paying him what he wants either.  We will see soon I'm sure.

Michael SilverVerified account @MikeSilver 7h7 hours ago

So let me get this straight: Team in Washington stays silent after reports of GM drinking... negotiates extension for HC in a bar. Got it.

Robbie Duncan @DeadeyeDunkan 7m7 minutes ago

Robbie Duncan Retweeted Chad Ryan

???

Robbie Duncan added,

Chad RyanVerified account @ChadwikoRCC
UPDATE: RCC told that Cousins to 49ers is all but done.…

Chad RyanVerified account @ChadwikoRCC 9m9 minutes ago

UPDATE: RCC told that Cousins to 49ers is all but done. Consider it 90% likely, minimum. No word on specifics, to be announced later.

6 minutes ago, zoony said:

I really dislike this team 

Because some dude in Australia is saying Kirk is gone?

What I & many have been saying on KC for weeks: his stats, control of offense, etc none of it matters if he doesnt want to be here long-term

Furious Styles @Chris_Worthy_ 8m8 minutes ago

Im sure traffic, work, eating, all stops in the DMV when something goes down with the Redskins.

Jsteelz on twitter saying Kirk wants a LTD in San Fran. He's usually pretty reliable

he also said that SF doesn't want to give up much though. So best case I guess is we have a disgruntled QB on the team next year. 

Ed WerderVerified account @Edwerderespn 3m3 minutes ago

Ed Werder Retweeted Junior Reyes

⚽️

⚽️

Have very serious doubts given he's missing most important time of year for GM.

Ed Werder added,

Junior Reyes

⚽️

⚽️ @Reyinho_11
@Edwerderespn Do you believe Scot McCloughan will be back to the Redskins?

2 minutes ago, zoony said:

Jsteelz on twitter saying Kirk wants a LTD in San Fran. He's usually pretty reliable

he also said that SF doesn't want to give up much though. So best case I guess is we have a disgruntled QB on the team next year. 

Interesting, my unreliable source is telling me that Kirk is asking min, 24.5 Meg a year, but that was what he found in the trash at the park.  Our Extremeskins reliable source is saying Skins are offering 23 Meg.  Who knows.

Just a reminder, until you hear it from a reliable source like Rich Tandler, or John Keim its porbably conjecture.  I don't totally concider WP reporters in that list.

HarryFoxSports LLC Retweeted

Text from outspoken NFL Agent, "#Redskins park from ownership to player personnel looks like 1945 Berlin."

Rich TandlerVerified account @Rich_TandlerCSN 9m9 minutes ago

Rich Tandler Retweeted ProFootballTalk

Have to say I’m skeptical of both of these as DJax landing spots. Dez has a $17 million cap number and DJax and the Patriot Way don’t mix.

Rich Tandler added,

ProFootballTalkVerified account @ProFootballTalk
Patriots, Cowboys show interest in WR DeSean Jackson http://wp.me/p14QSB-agai 

Chris Russell liked

#Redskins have expressed interest in WR Marquise Goodwin, per sources. Spent last four seasons with the Bills.

My recommendation to agents making up fake teams that are interested in their client is to make it a little more realistic/believable.

I highly doubt either one of those teams is seriously interested.

Ross Tucker added,

ProFootballTalkVerified account @ProFootballTalk
Patriots, Cowboys show interest in WR DeSean Jackson http://wp.me/p14QSB-agai 

39 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The more people I talk to about Kirk Cousins the more I'm convinced that there is ZERO chance he's with the Redskins past this season.

This is where i am.  You just dont let things escalate this way if youre the Redskins.  San Fran shouldnt even be in the ****ing picture

15 minutes ago, zoony said:

This is where i am.  You just dont let things escalate this way if youre the Redskins.  San Fran shouldnt even be in the ****ing picture

I would say franchise him again, the next! Just to shove it down kyles throat! But that's me, 

33 minutes ago, zoony said:

The irony is SF had the mantle of late of being the most dysfunctional franchise before this off season.    That franchise has been as unstable as it gets.  It would be ironic if Kirk sees that team as a more stable place to be.

24 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Isn't it Zoony that just broken the Twitter thread rules?

That TSO/Zoony right Will be worth it. Where is the popcorn?

:rofl89:

@zoony is our rogue element. Straight wild card. :ols: 

charlie-wildcard.gif?w=650

He'll fix it though, probably didn't realize where he was. I did the same in the Cousins thread just now... it's friggin twilight zone in here. 

Jsteelz ? @jsteelznskins 9h9 hours ago

How do you guys feel about Goodwin from Buffalo , think he is a burner right ?

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter 15m15 minutes ago

Preparing for life after Tony Romo: Former Browns' QB Josh Mccown is on his way to Dallas to visit Cowboys today, per source.

Archived