Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Offseason Twitter Thread

TSO

John KeimVerified account @john_keim 8m8 minutes ago

John Keim Retweeted Adam Caplan

He's part of the reason why the 49ers, if they sign him, don't have to rush into a deal for Kirk Cousins.

John Keim added,

Adam CaplanVerified account @caplannfl
Veteran QB Brian Hoyer is looking for a team that will offer him a chance to start. 1-2 teams are offering him that chance as of now.

14 minutes ago, Llevron said:

The Giants now have the most emotionally damaged pair of WRs in the game. Great Job lol

Eli is not the leader he should/could be.  I do think they need a good leader like T.Williams.  Maybe they have that, I don't know???

But given the chance, give me this pair of emotionally damaged WR's to work with any day!

2 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

And we have Jamison Crowder and no one else. I'd gladly take ODB and Marshall on this team.  

We also have Reed and Vernon Davis (I know, not WRs), but them along with crowder, that's pretty good. Plus, if Doctson can stay healthy, our offense can still stay hot, but that's only if cousins is back

Please read the OP on this thread to save your ***

Rich TandlerVerified account @Rich_TandlerCSN 31m31 minutes ago

Vernon Davis is back with the #Redskins but he doesn’t know who will the throwing him the ball.  read it in BRBN CSN

Chris Russell @Russellmania621 33m33 minutes ago

When #Redskins need a new GM - here's a list of candidates:

1. Doug Williams

2. Morocco Brown

4, 5 & 8. ESPN talent?

https://www.dchotread.com/2017/03/06/moving-on-from-mccloughan 

JP FinlayVerified account @JPFinlayCSN 41m41 minutes ago

#Redskins have needed a true nose for years. Poe would be instant fit. Gonna cost a lot of $$$$ though

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet 1h1 hour ago

For new #Giants WR Brandon Marshall, who is with his new team today, it’s a 2-year deal worth $12M, source says.

John KeimVerified account @john_keim 23m23 minutes ago

not about if Hoyer (or Matt Schaub) is a terrific starter. about being able to get through the season & not trade high picks for QB now.

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet 4h4 hours ago

#Redskins TE Vernon Davis signed a 3-year contract last night, per his snapchat, worth $15M, per a source. Nice payday and comeback.

michael lombardiVerified account @mlombardiNFL 44m44 minutes ago

Jermaine Gresham gets over 7 per year from Arizona and V Davis 5 from the Skins. Bennett from NE has to be happy....

@Llevron @Taylor703 @Audible_Red40 @Cooleyfan1993 

The initial post about the Giants move was fine, but turning it into a Redskins-related discussion here wasn't. 

I'll let it slide this time since we've had some confusion in here recently. Except for one of you who's now been a part of not following the rules of this thread twice in just a few days even after receiving a warning about it. 

Dan Synder @MrDCsportsSr 17m17 minutes ago

So all in all, I'm not in super panic mode...things can play out a number of ways where Skins could actually look like better team.

michael lombardiVerified account @mlombardiNFL

For all the talk that D Jackson is heading back to Philly, I am told the big money bidder is the Bucs at over 10 per year....wow.....

Jason La CanforaVerified account @JasonLaCanfora 20m20 minutes ago

Joe Mixon ran a 4.43 in the 40-yard dash according to one evaluator at his Pro Day. That's going to get a lot of attention

Rich TandlerVerified account @Rich_TandlerCSN 30m30 minutes ago

Rich Tandler Retweeted John Keim

Yep. And he could just sign it, play for $28.7 million, and hit the market with no tag at age 30 in 2019. After collecting $72 million w/WAS

Rich Tandler added,

John KeimVerified account @john_keim
Let's think a little on transition tag for KC in 2018: 1) If skins not willing 2 pay now, really match another offer? 2) No match, no comp.

Master TesfatsionVerified account @MasterTes 33m33 minutes ago

Master Tesfatsion Retweeted Omar Kelly

2-down back that can't catch or pass protect. Limits an OC's creativity. He's a good fit for a contender with a reliable 3rd down back.

Master Tesfatsion added,

Omar KellyVerified account @OmarKelly
I've heard very mixed reviews on Adrian Peterson. I was told he's "washed" by someone I trust. At this point I need to go to the film.

Charley CasserlyVerified account @CharleyCasserly 37m37 minutes ago

Teams told me that after hearing Rueben Foster's story of the hospital incident at Combine it will affect their grade on him @nflnetwork

Grant PaulsenVerified account @granthpaulsen 11m11 minutes ago

People running #Redskins without Scot McCloughan are same people who were running team before he got here. Why didn't he bring in his guys?

Chick HernandezVerified account @CHICKatCSN 5m5 minutes ago

@granthpaulsen @MikeJonesWaPo he wanted Alonzo Highsmith who he considered great evaluator, told no! How do you get better that way ?

Mike JonesVerified account @MikeJonesWaPo 5m5 minutes ago

@CHICKatCSN @granthpaulsen packers denied that request. But skins didn't let him move on to other options.

Master TesfatsionVerified account @MasterTes 18m18 minutes ago

From @MikeJonesWaPo -- #Redskins extend restricted free agent tenders to Chris Thompson, Will Compton  read it in BRBN WP

Chris ThompsonVerified account @ChrisThompson_4 19m19 minutes ago

I'm sorry y'all I had a moment. Just wish I could've been the one to break news to you guys. Miscommunication on my part.

Jason La CanforaVerified account @JasonLaCanfora 30m30 minutes ago

Skins back to their old ways. Already mulling new GM options. Back to the future at Redskins Park:  read it in BRBN CBS Sports

Son of Washington @SonofWashington 31m31 minutes ago

After looking at cap hits for 2017, does anyone know if skins are considering cutting Dhall. Save 4.5 mill this season if cut before june1st

Chris Russell @Russellmania621 24m24 minutes ago

Guys - as I've been told - there's no power struggle here for #Redskins. Main source insists Scot's never had much power. Always Bruce.

Grant PaulsenVerified account @granthpaulsen 20m20 minutes ago

@Russellmania621 Yes. But Bruce running entire show instead of the super scout you brought in to pick players is by def a power struggle.

Robbie Duncan @DeadeyeDunkan 6m6 minutes ago

@MarkBullockNFL @Russellmania621 my guess is because they took Scot's history into account and were skeptical about giving him full power

ESPN 980Verified account @espn980 8m8 minutes ago

"You never do anything for the sake of money. If you love something then you go with your heart and the love" - #VernonDavis

Chris Russell @Russellmania621 18m18 minutes ago

Heard this AM that next #Redskins GM would likely come from out of organization, but plenty of options in-house. https://www.dchotread.com/2017/03/06/moving-on-from-mccloughan 

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL 10m10 minutes ago

@Russellmania621 I don't really understand why they'd hire someone else if Allen is essentially GM anyway and won't give anyone else power

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL 11m11 minutes ago

@Russellmania621 And why would anyone come in and take that job now either?

ESPN 980Verified account @espn980 3m3 minutes ago

"Kirk is a really good quarterback, and he's making his decision on where he wants to be. I'm hoping it's with the Redskins" @VernonDavis85

Son of Washington Retweeted

Here's what news will say about Swaggy. If 'Skins re-sign: played ok in mediocre defense, low production overpaid. Other team: sleeper steal

Dianna RussiniVerified account @diannaESPN 11m11 minutes ago

I felt Kyle Shanahan was getting paid a bit much in San Fran, thinking about it more, the 49ers got a great 2 for 1 deal. Kyle and Mike Shan

Story on Vernon Davis re-signing, Compton & Thompson tendered by #Redskins. Compton at $1.8 M/R.O.F.R level https://www.dchotread.com/2017/03/08/davis-compton-ct  #NFL

Rich TandlerVerified account @Rich_TandlerCSN 5m5 minutes ago

RT—Vernon Davis is back with the #Redskins but he doesn’t know who will the throwing him the ball.  read it in BRBN CSN

Grant PaulsenVerified account @granthpaulsen 8m8 minutes ago

#Redskins should try to get extension done with Moses now. Waiting will cost them more. Would be savvy to try to do similar deal to Wagner.

Jim WyattVerified account @jwyattsports 9m9 minutes ago

The @Titans have informed DL Al Woods that he will be released.

Brian McNallyVerified account @bmcnally14 14m14 minutes ago

#Redskins made a 2nd-round tender to Chris Thompson and a lower-round tender to Will Compton, sources say. @MasterTes had that first

Aaron RodgersVerified account @AaronRodgers12 21m21 minutes ago

Aaron Rodgers Retweeted ProFootballTalk

Actually, I said 4 words. And was referring to comparing contracts between players that play the same position. #fakenews

Aaron Rodgers added,

ProFootballTalkVerified account @ProFootballTalk
Aaron Rodgers, grossly underpaid in light of recent cap increases, finally makes it clear he wants a new deal http://wp.me/p14QSB-agcQ 

TheHogs.net @TheHogsdotNet 1m1 minute ago

Reports are Garcon to 49'ers and D Jax to Tampa. Both deals being finalized today

OK FOLKS I have to go get my post hole digger out and dig several fence post holes to replace the hurricane damaged fences.  I'm sure someone will pick up the slack.

Archived