Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Offseason Twitter Thread

TSO

Digging post holes in colquina laden earth is a pain.  I quit for the day on that.

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL 19m19 minutes ago

Mark Bullock Retweeted Nick Zazulia

New OC, DC. QB likely not to be here beyond this year, top 2 WRs gone. Defense needs rebuild. FO in dysfunction. It's a pretty bad situation

Mark Bullock added,

Nick Zazulia @NickZazulia
@MarkBullockNFL Front office situation is scary, but the roster is more talented than many and they have a lot of cap room. Situation is not DIRE.

Not Robert Griffin @Pseudo_RGIII 29m29 minutes ago

This roller coaster ride has been so wild, if news breaks that they've locked up Kirk to a LTD it wouldn't surprise me in the least

Rich TandlerVerified account @Rich_TandlerCSN 36m36 minutes ago

If a Cousins trade doesn’t happen It seems to me that the #Redskins have to do whatever it takes to re-sign Cousins. 1/

Rich TandlerVerified account @Rich_TandlerCSN 35m35 minutes ago

Otherwise there would be a double dose of massive PR hits with McC gone and Cousins playing as lame duck. Team has do something. 2/2

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL 54m54 minutes ago

Good news for Skins, if their results on the field in 2017 match their FO dysfunction, they wont need a pick from SF to get a top QB in 2018

John KeimVerified account @john_keim 14m14 minutes ago

John Keim Retweeted Brian McNally

This is correct. Schaffer is in OK; but source expects meeting soon...

John Keim added,

Brian McNallyVerified account @bmcnally14
Scot McCloughan's agent, Peter Schaffer, is at Oklahoma's Pro Day with client Joe Mixon. Any meeting with #Redskins will have to wait.

Post SportsVerified account @PostSports 30m30 minutes ago

Redskins GM Scot McCloughan has no role in current free agency decision-making  Lucky you its posted in BRBN, no worries

Albert Breer Retweeted James Stewart

Yes. Rule is after you renegotiate your deal, can't renegotiate again for another year. His last renegotiation was 03/09/2016.

Albert Breer added,

James StewartVerified account @IAmJamesStewart
Can Brady actually get a new contract tomorrow? I thought that he can't get "new money" until after this upcoming season. Help @AlbertBreer

Rashad RossVerified account @TheRocketRashad 3m3 minutes ago

All the redskins WR left... gald to see my big bro go get paid tho. Oh yeah @PierreGarcon #ninergang

Grant PaulsenVerified account @granthpaulsen 8m8 minutes ago

Grant Paulsen Retweeted Zac Hess

He has been here for two years. They had their best two year record in 25 years during that time. So no.

Grant Paulsen added,

Zac Hess @Zachess1616

@granthpaulsen do you see any possibility that GMSM's demise is a result of his overall poor performance as the GM?

Checked The Tape @TheCasualHero 14m14 minutes ago

All these rumors between Kirk going to SF or not and Hoyer signing is a perfect example of Agents and FO using media to advantage. #Redskins

Chris Russell @Russellmania621 28m28 minutes ago

Chris Russell Retweeted NFL Media

Didn't see this til now, but via @AndrewLiv & from @wyche89 - Kirk has made it clear he wants out & to SF 49ers.

Chris Russell added,

NFL MediaVerified account @NFLMedia
"Cousins has made it clear he does not want to be there. He wants to get to San Francisco and play for Kyle Shanahan." @wyche89 on Cousins

Rich TandlerVerified account @Rich_TandlerCSN 39m39 minutes ago

Rich Tandler Retweeted Bruce Irvin

Pending free agents aren't supposed to visit team facilities until Thur. Can’t even set up visits. I’m sure @nflcommish will come down hard.

Rich Tandler added,

Bruce IrvinVerified account @BIrvin_WVU11
@Campbell93 in the building today and that 93 locker waiting on you! Showww would look good in that silver and black! #comehome #darkside

Pat KirwanVerified account @PatKirwanRFN 18s19 seconds ago

Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco can't be happy their fullbacks are gone in free agency. both QBs counted on them as pass pro & receivers

Adam CaplanVerified account @caplannfl 14s15 seconds ago

Vernon Davis terms: 3 years, $15m, $7.5m fully gtd. $6m in year one ($4m SB, $2m base).

Chris Russell @Russellmania621 39s40 seconds ago

Kirk not signing tag at this point could be nothing. It could be more. Nobody knows yet. It was something I suggested in late November 2 do.

Jerry BrewerVerified account @JerryBrewer 2m2 minutes ago

Jerry Brewer Retweeted Master Tesfatsion

It's just a moderate contract for a valuable backup TE, but it's another wisely-structured deal by Eric Schaffer.

Jerry Brewer added,

Master TesfatsionVerified account @MasterTes
Vernon Davis's 3-year deal worth $15M includes $7.5M gtd & $4M signing bonus.$2M base in '17, $3.75M base in '18 ($1.5m fully gtd) #Redskins

Master TesfatsionVerified account @MasterTes 3m3 minutes ago

Davis will receive up to $250k in roster bonuses in 2018-2019. He has a $4.75M non-gtd base salary in 2019

John Keim ESPN Staff Writer 

The Redskins made restricted free agent running back Chris Thompson a second-round tender offer and linebacker Will Compton an original round tender offer. The Redskins have the right of first refusal with both players. If they failed to match an offer for Thompson, they would receive a second-round pick as compensation. If they failed to match for Compton, they would receive no compensation. The original round tender goes back to where a player was drafted; Compton was an undrafted free agent.

Lake Lewis JrVerified account @LakeLewis 8h8 hours ago

No successful outlet that wants to win acts this way. Trust me, #Redskins media can't make this stuff up. It sucks to have to report it!

Rich TandlerVerified account @Rich_TandlerCSN 9h9 hours ago

Rich Tandler Retweeted Mike Jones

Yeah. Mind blowing sums it up well.

Rich Tandler added,

C6cOXkkVMAAIQlB.jpg
Mike JonesVerified account @MikeJonesWaPo
Had to add this. ... This nugget here really blew my mind. Players loved McCloughan's approach.

Liz Clarke and Hogs Haven liked

Best media group I ever worked w/in 2016. Team was generally pleasant in locker to cover. Scot was the best & liked by all. Now this??

Chad RyanVerified account @ChadwikoRCC 8h8 hours ago

Pending new stadium deal makes any potential Bruce Allen departure unlikely soon IMO; was leading player in negotiations that are ongoing.

Burgundy Burner @BurgundyBurner 5h5 hours ago

FYI. Mike Silver is a bay area resident and a big time 49ers homer. Take what he says from that perspective.

John KeimVerified account @john_keim 7h7 hours ago

Unless something changes, Sounds as if Chris Baker headed elsewhere. Curious how this develops. Price tag would have to come down for Wash

John KeimVerified account @john_keim

I did not major in psychology or anything. But I'm intuitive. I'm sensing unrest.

John KeimVerified account @john_keim 8h8 hours ago

I'd tell u to just relax, avoid the news and wait for August. But that sort of hurts my job. So: stay current! Be informed!

John KeimVerified account @john_keim 8h8 hours ago

Remember last summer when KC said wanted Skins to be like Spurs of NFL. Just win; boring. Etc. yeah.

Not Robert Griffin @Pseudo_RGIII 9h9 hours ago

Like seriously, what's the Free Agent sales pitch to be a Washington Redskin in 2017 and beyond?? How are you selling this??

Soooooo....how's your offseason going?

Chuck Sapienza @chucksapienza 12h12 hours ago

#Redskins record with Bruce Allen BEFORE Scot McCloughan: 28-55 #Redskins

record with Bruce Allen AFTER hiring Scot McCloughan: 17-14-1

Alright, this'll be the last warning for the FA period and/or the relative meltdown we're all experiencing... from the OP: 

Well, we're going to be super strict about discussions on hot topics that either have threads or deserve new ones being discussed here. Really, anything Redskins/Football related that'd normally be discussed within The Stadium will no longer be allowed to be discussed here. 

Any of that will immediately result in a 48 hour posting restriction and further violations will potentially garner worse penalties. There will be no warnings outside of the verbal ones you find within this thread.

The last statement will be in effect. Any discussion in here about any hot topics that already have threads (Scot/Allen, Skins dysfunction, Kirk, FAs, etc...) will result in an automatic 48 hour posting restriction applied to your account, no exceptions. 

Just avoid it everyone. For God's sake. 

Peter SchragerVerified account @PSchrags 2m2 minutes ago

Welcome to @gmfb free agency special. Brandon Marshall joins us in studio for an hour. So does Vernon Davis. And Mike Daniels. NFL Net.

John Tayman @BangRadioHour 7m7 minutes ago

@Rich_TandlerCSN of trust & loyalty, Jay should have earned the benefit of the doubt from Kirk. Proven success vs pie-in-sky "potential"

Adam Epstein @The1SportsNerd 38m38 minutes ago

Scottish Redskins fans my new favorite callers...

JP FinlayVerified account @JPFinlayCSN 3m3 minutes ago

From @Rich_TandlerCSN - Report: #Redskins preparing for possible departure of Cousins  read it in BRBN CSN

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 8m8 minutes ago

5 Free Agents for the Redskins to consider. My Post Express column.  read it in BRBN WP

Redskins Buzztap @redskinsbuzztap 8m8 minutes ago

hogshaven.com >> Washington Redskins 2017 Draft Profiles: Kevin King, CB http://buzztap.com/-wkHKBl

Archived