Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Washington Nationals: Wash, Rinse, Repeat

@DCGoldPants

The bullpen is the only thing preventing this team from being The One in my mind. I still don't have long term confidence, with that in mind. But they do look awesome right now.

Chris Rusin went from a 1 ERA to a 4.8 ERA in five minutes

8 minutes ago, Bacon said:

The bullpen is the only thing preventing this team from being The One in my mind. I still don't have long term confidence, with that in mind. But they do look awesome right now.

Chris Rusin went from a 1 ERA to a 4.8 ERA in five minutes

The good thing is relief pitching is the easiest thing to trade for mid season. There are always good relievers stuck on bad teams and you can usually get them without giving up premier prospects.

And remember in the playoffs you only use 4 starters anyway, so we can transition Joe Ross to a power reliever role. Hopefully we have a big lead by the time September call ups occur and we can start the transition early while using some random minor leaguer in the 5th starter spot until the playoffs.

You gotta love this.  The career of our old friend Michael Morse seemed to be over.  He was released by the Pirates a year ago, in April 2016.  The phone didn't ring until December when, almost as an afterthought, San Francisco re-signed him to a minor league deal.  With injuries to the outfield, they called him up yesterday.  Last night, down 3-2 to arch rival Dodgers, they sent him out to pinch hit.  So here's his first MLB at bat in more than a year:

http://m.mlb.com/video/v1327466583/?player_id=434604

Look at the smile on his face.  The Giants went on to beat the Dodgers

2 hours ago, Dan T. said:

You gotta love this.  The career of our old friend Michael Morse seemed to be over.  He was released by the Pirates a year ago, in April 2016.  The phone didn't ring until December when, almost as an afterthought, San Francisco re-signed him to a minor league deal.  With injuries to the outfield, they called him up yesterday.  Last night, down 3-2 to arch rival Dodgers, they sent him out to pinch hit.  So here's his first MLB at bat in more than a year:

http://m.mlb.com/video/v1327466583/?player_id=434604

Look at the smile on his face.  The Giants went on to beat the Dodgers

I saw this on Quick Pitch, truly heartwarming.

Almost as heartwarming as Harvey struggling.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Watching NatsXtra. Looks like they're gonna leave Jacob Turner up and put him in the bullpen. Sounds good. He showed a lot in that last outing

Our bullpen is short as it is with Solis and Glover on the shelf. Turner can't be worse than Blanton.

11 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I am a big fan of Difo--versitile super-utility type. I would go so far as to call myself a pe-DIFO-phile....I'll show myself out.

Guy has filled in admirably, fielding, hitting, hitting with risp. Can't ask for much more out of a backup. Thought he got all of that earlier knock. Looked like it was gone

Archived