Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Washington Nationals: Wash, Rinse, Repeat

@DCGoldPants

2 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Probably shouldn't have taken a strike.  At least take a swing at it.  

8% make that call. The kid shouldn't have to account for that level of stupidity on his first AB. 

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

8% make that call. The kid shouldn't have to account for that level of stupidity on his first AB. 

Problem is the game is on the road and the Cardinals probably get that call instead of the Nats, especially when Molina stands up before the ump even gives the K call.  That was pure BS.

6 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Problem is the game is on the road and the Cardinals probably get that call instead of the Nats, especially when Molina stands up before the ump even gives the K call.  That was pure BS.

If we're going to pass blame onto the batter, might as well point out that the AB should have been over 4-5 pitches before that. I don't think the pitcher ever hit the strike zone once. There was one centered pitch that was a little high and MAYBE that touched the zone. He could have stared his way to first. But I'm firmly on the kid's side here. That was a solid first AB considering the situation. 

Oh well. At least the shutout streak continues, right? :\

24 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

We really need to right the ship, we're 2 games over .500 over our last 50 games, or so.

You do realize most teams play .500 ball for 100 games of the season.  It's really 60 games that determine a season. 

What i dont understand about baseball managers.  You only have a leadoff batter in the 1st inning.  We should be batting Rendon, Harper, Zimm, Murphy in our top  4spots.  The top of the lineup get more ABs.  Why are we giving guys like goodwin and MAT more Abs than 4 all-stars?

Nats lineup tonight against RHP Carlos Martinez. Stephen Drew, Ryan Zimmerman on the bench.

NATIONALS (47-34)
LF Brian Goodwin
CF Michael A. Taylor
RF Bryce Harper
2B Daniel Murphy
3B Anthony Rendon
1B Adam Lind
C Matt Wieters
SS Wilmer Difo
RHP Max Scherzer

You could start the season 15-0, go .500 for the other 147 games and end up winning your division comfortably. It only takes consistency and a couple good win streaks to make the playoffs. 

We've been pretty awful lately though. I would take consistency at this point. 

Speaking of Announcing...

A few days ago, Awful Announcing came out with it's list of announcing crews (TV) for MLB.  They rank the announcing teams from 1-30 based on opinions from fan preference.  The Nats Duo of Bob Carpenter & F.P. Santangelo ranked 29th out of 30.  For reference, the top ranked announcing crew was the Giants duo of Kiper/Flemming.  If they ranked top radio crews by teams, I bet Charlie & Dave would be near the top.  Bob & F.P. are pretty hated across the board by other teams' fans.  Lord knows I hear enough about how awful F.P. is from my Phillie & Mets friends at work.

43 minutes ago, samy316 said:

A few days ago, Awful Announcing came out with it's list of announcing crews (TV) for MLB.  They rank the announcing teams from 1-30 based on opinions from fan preference.  The Nats Duo of Bob Carpenter & F.P. Santangelo ranked 29th out of 30.  For reference, the top ranked announcing crew was the Giants duo of Kiper/Flemming.  If they ranked top radio crews by teams, I bet Charlie & Dave would be near the top.  Bob & F.P. are pretty hated across the board by other teams' fans.  Lord knows I hear enough about how awful F.P. is from my Phillie & Mets friends at work.

Yeah, whatever on their rankings. Do the home team fans like them and feel like the game is being covered/explained well? I like our guys. I like how FP does break it on slow mo or showing how a shoulder was dropped or the batter's head wasn't straight. He's goofy. Bob is corny trying to slip in his jokes. But they are homers who can give props when  the other team makes a solid play. 

56 minutes ago, samy316 said:

My response? **** Awful Announcing.  Bob and F.P. are local treasures.  Bob is a solid play-by-guy.  And nobody combines a genuine knowledge of the game and great sense of humor like FP Santangelo.  You're guaranteed to get a laugh and learn something every game you watch.

Archived