Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

13 hours ago, twa said:

we have been negotiating a buffer zone w/Turkey for quite a while.

More likely Edrogan simply informed him they were doing it now.....would you leave our troops?

Erdogan wasn't going to attack with our special forces there. They were a strong deterrent. Why the disconnect between Trump and the adults on this?

Add: You seem to suggest that Erdogan dictates what happens there, not us. Seems like an odd stance for you.

41 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Erdogan wasn't going to attack with our special forces there. They were a strong deterrent. Why the disconnect between Trump and the adults on this?

Add: You seem to suggest that Erdogan dictates what happens there, not us. Seems like an odd stance for you.

I think you are wrong, he would still attack but make a effort to avoid our pitifully few forces.

not a odd stance at all given the reality, and lack of resolve to change it.

1 hour ago, twa said:

I think you are wrong, he would still attack but make a effort to avoid our pitifully few forces.

not a odd stance at all given the reality, and lack of resolve to change it.

Well we're even because I think you are wrong, no way Erdogan does this without Trump's ok. Regardless, Trump gave him the green light.

8 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Well we're even because I think you are wrong, no way Erdogan does this without Trump's ok. Regardless, Trump gave him the green light.

do you think Hillary would have stopped him?

8 minutes ago, twa said:

do you think Hillary would have stopped him?

Completely irrelevant. But I'll play, would you have defended her actions 😂?

Nice interview exploring the situation:

https://mobile.twitter.com/FaceTheNation/status/1183372821810077697

Add: I truly believe Hillary would not have said, ok, I'll pull out and you do you.

Just think, kids.  After America (with a LOT of help) managed to somewhat clean up that area it seems likely that the net result of the effort will be that that chunk of the world will be occupied by a minority people, brutally repressed by three different governments, waging guerrilla warfare, with soviet backing (but not enough for them to actually win independence), and with the memories of the day America (after recruiting them into a war with promises of brotherhood and partnership), agreed to their genocide.  

Thanks, Obama.  

6 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Completely irrelevant. But I'll play, would you have defended her actions 😂?

Nice interview exploring the situation:

https://mobile.twitter.com/FaceTheNation/status/1183372821810077697

Add: I truly believe Hillary would not have said, ok, I'll pull out and you do you.

history

https://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/c4f9b9a1-7385-4811-b317-91e5541bf830/turkey-says-kurdish-forces-vacating-syrian-town

I'm not defending his actions, I'm pointing out reality

Just idle speculation from one of the guys in the cheap seats.  But was reading a message from one of the Kurds, asking America to either fight with them, or get out of the way so they can get Russia to help them.  

I'm wondering:  Would Russia help them?  

It seems likely to me that Turkey isn't going in there because Turkey wants the territory.  Turkey needs more territory occupied by more Kurds like anybody needs the Redskins.  No, I assume that Turkey's plan is to go in, decimate the Kurdish military forces, bomb all the civilian invrastructure, and then leave the starving unarmed civilians cowering in their bombed-out huts, for Assad to come in and restore the status quo.  (After killing off half of the people who survived Turkey, to teach then what happens when you get uppity.)  

And I would think Russia would be just fine with things working out that way.  I suspect that Turkey, Syria, and Russia all want the same thing.  Put the borders back where they were, only now there's 1/3 as many Kurds, and they're starving worse than they already were.  

(And maybe, at that point, Russia will give the Kurds some trivial amount of aid, and start recruiting some of them to go terrorist.  While reminding them that this is all America's fault, you know.)  

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

But first, needs to send Rudy over there, to talk about some business deals.  Starting with some replacement goons.  

Mike Huckabee too. He can stop in Israel also to smuggle out some artifacts for his Ultra-Religous Right friends while he's there. 

As someone who generally favors a more isolationist strategy when it comes to foreign relations, at least more isolationist than the modern era Neo-Cons employ, it irritates when I see Trump speak on these situations and can clearly see he has no idea about the things he is talking about, most of what he is tweeting or saying are about groups, militants, cities, etc etc....that he is likely only hearing about for the first few times in his life.  Even when I have disagreed with our leaders in the past I never got the idea that they were clueless in what they were saying, just had a disagreement in how to approach the situation and what the lasting effects would be.

I have zero confidence that when Trump tweets about Turkey, ISIS, the Kurds or his favorite new group, the "PKK," that he actually knows anything about any of them. It's likely the few words he remembered from his briefings before he spaced out and started thinking about a Big Mac. 

5 minutes ago, Larry said:

Wondering why we haven't just pulled all our troops out of the country.  If we're not going to defend our team from war crimes, then why do we have troops exposed to damage there?  

If any U.S. troops end up harmed or even worse killed due to this move, I wonder how Trey Gowdy and all the other Benghazi hearings folks treat this in comparison. 

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

Wondering why we haven't just pulled all our troops out of the country.  If we're not going to defend our team from war crimes, then why do we have troops exposed to damage there?  

Our Team?

would that be our ally Turkey or the Kurds?

I think yours a fair question though,as would be why have troops in Turkey if they are going to attack our ally the Kurds. 

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

If any U.S. troops end up harmed or even worse killed due to this move, I wonder how Trey Gowdy and all the other Benghazi hearings folks treat this in comparison. 

Troops are different than Ambassadors to begin with, and if they were left under fire in like manner I expect there would be major questions.

Archived