Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MSN: Ravens fan in critical condition after fight with Raiders Fan

MarkB452

This is just beyond stupid, senseless, and sad.....

In an all too common story after sporting events, a Baltimore Ravens fan is in intensive care and fighting for his life. The incident stemmed from an altercation that Joseph Bauer, a 55-year-old man and former marine, had with two fans of the Oakland Raiders.

“My brother is in critical condition on life support over a football game,” the victim’s brother, Susan Bauer said, per Carrie Wells of The Baltimore Sun.“We’re in shock over this. You just don’t expect that you would go to a football game and someone would put you in intensive care. I just can’t even believe it’s happening.”

Wells also reported that Bauer has a 30 percent chance to survive.

For those of us who have been to NFL games, this is sadly not that shocking. These altercations seem to happen at an increasingly high rate at NFL stadiums.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ravens-fan-in-critical-condition-after-fight-with-raiders-fans/ar-BBwWAxL?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

A few years ago, the team treated the Fan Captains to a tour of the game day command centers (yes, centers - one for in stadium and another for outside the stadium) as well as field passes before a late season game against Minnesota.  They let us ask questions and I asked which team had the worst behaved fans.  Almost everybody in the room said Philly, except the guy who (I assumed) was in charge.  He said the Raiders, which was pretty remarkable given that they had not played at FedEx since the mid-2000's.

Anyways, please pray for this family and if you attend games, if you see something, say (text or get an usher) something. A person's life is worth more than a game.

Just ridiculous.  It's a game, a GAME!  Sure it's my top priority after my family and job (okay, just after my family), but it's not worth actually fighting over.

I'm alone in this I know, but I'm really against drinking after halftime.  Give people legit time to sober up and just write off the loss as a charitable contribution to your fanbase making it home alive.

1 hour ago, NewCliche21 said:

Just ridiculous.  It's a game, a GAME!  Sure it's my top priority after my family and job (okay, just after my family), but it's not worth actually fighting over.

I'm alone in this I know, but I'm really against drinking after halftime.  Give people legit time to sober up and just write off the loss as a charitable contribution to your fanbase making it home alive.

Good post here. I was just about to say the same thing.

Ridiculous to see this happening every week! It's a game!

It's been over 5 years since I've attended an NFL game live, and every time I get tempted to check out a game, stories like this remind me why I don't.  The NFL's fan base just seems to have the highest percentage of drunks/hoodlums/low-class scum of any major sport, at least based on my personal experience.  I know it's not all NFL fans, of course, but it's still too many. 

3 hours ago, Mursilis said:

It's been over 5 years since I've attended an NFL game live, and every time I get tempted to check out a game, stories like this remind me why I don't.  The NFL's fan base just seems to have the highest percentage of drunks/hoodlums/low-class scum of any major sport, at least based on my personal experience.  I know it's not all NFL fans, of course, but it's still too many. 

Yup. Still remember the story last year about some dude getting head in the upper decks at FedEx last year.

Just not what you want in terms of gameday experience

56 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yup. Still remember the story last year about some dude getting head in the upper decks at FedEx last year.

You can't see anything but I'm not going to embed just be safe...

https://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/1492650073604190246.jpg

And there was actually another (again, can't see anything)

https://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/csvnolpuaaawnry-jpg-large.jpeg

Imagine you take your child to the game and see that ****? I mean I enjoy some freaky **** but you never cross the line into trashy, and that's what that is. So embarrassed that happened at least TWICE at our stadium.

8 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

As long as I'm on the receiving end, that's exactly what I want in terms of my GameDay experience.

Archived