Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GIF Breakdown: Kirk Cousins' 36 Touchdowns in 2015

thehbrwhammer

http://nflbreakdowns.com/kirk-cousins-36-touchdowns-2015/

In my first quarterback TD/INT series article of the off-season, I took a look at Kirk Cousins' 36 Touchdowns in 2015.

This article is split into two pages. The first page is a detailed stat breakdown. The second page is a closer look at some of his touchdowns using All-22 film.

I will then take a look at his interceptions in the following article and will continue going through (most of) the other quarterbacks in the NFL as the summer progresses! Let me know if you have any questions!

I love these breakdowns.  Never have the time to watch all-22 myself so these are really helpful to see what's truly going on.  

I think we continue to see the upward trajectory in Cousin's play.  Having a full off-season playing with the 1's and having the offense tailored to him (remember, the coaches had to also learn what they could do in game planning with Cousins), I think the sky is the limit.

Cousin may never be a top 3 or 5 QB in the league, but GMSM continues to build the roster around Cousins to support him, a top 10 QB will be made look like a top 5 QB, or better.

The future is bright, as it finally looks like success may become sustainable, in regards to having a competitive team filled with guys that are football players, not individual "Stars". 

First, as always thank you very much for doing these. I am in China now where they block Facebook. But I will like the Facebook page when I return to the US. Anything to encourage you to continue! 

Cousins really just seemed to get more and more comfortable in the offense as the year went on. If they can give him any kind of Running game, he could have another really nice season.

Two other things highlighted here that even though they are kind of obvious I still think they are underrated:

1. D Jacksons ability to run down balls in the air is amazing. That is not nearly as easy as he makes it look. But all you need to do is throw it up and will more often than not track it down and make a play.

2. Jordan Reed is truly a talent. You know the Ds know what the guy is going to do, but yet he just gets open.

With the addition of J Doctson, and again, if we can get any kind of running game, this could be a really potent offense.

Lots of great nuggets in here. One thing I noticed is Cousins' TDs seem pretty evenly distributed between right and left sides of the field, which suggests good vision. I think somebody did an analysis once on Jason Campbell's QBR between throwing to his left vs throwing to his right, and the disparity was quite disturbing.

On the first Reed TD shown in the gifs...I remember when it happened that Cousins was running to the end zone after the TD, and I thought it was to congratulate Reed like everyone else was doing, but instead he went straight to Jackson and said something to him?...Anyone else remember that, and any idea what might have been said?

And kudos again to the OP, love these threads *thumbsup*...

On the first Reed TD shown in the gifs...I remember when it happened that Cousins was running to the end zone after the TD, and I thought it was to congratulate Reed like everyone else was doing, but instead he went straight to Jackson and said something to him?...Anyone else remember that, and any idea what might have been said?

I remember that too.  I think he said something like "great route, great route!" but I don't have time to check right now if that's right.

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Week-16-Redskins-Eagles-Video-Highlights/ba25f3fe-9e09-43a1-b09d-57ce3824a267

Sounds to me like he said "great job finding the crease".  DJax gets to the soft spot in the zone quickly and with little problem, and he's wide open.  I'm kind of surprised Kirk even saw what DJax did.  Looks like he was staring down Reed the whole time, because he knew from the coverage and getting an LB on him he was going to have a TD.

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Week-16-Redskins-Eagles-Video-Highlights/ba25f3fe-9e09-43a1-b09d-57ce3824a267

Sounds to me like he said "great job finding the crease".  DJax gets to the soft spot in the zone quickly and with little problem, and he's wide open.  I'm kind of surprised Kirk even saw what DJax did.  Looks like he was staring down Reed the whole time, because he knew from the coverage and getting an LB on him he was going to have a TD.

And he knew Jackson would have loved scoring a TD on his old team in a game that would wrap up the division title for his new team. Going over to Jackson and acknowledging that he also did everything necessary to score a TD, he just decided to go to Reed instead, is an excellent example of leadership you want to see from your QB.

And he knew Jackson would have loved scoring a TD on his old team in a game that would wrap up the division title for his new team. Going over to Jackson and acknowledging that he also did everything necessary to score a TD, he just decided to go to Reed instead, is an excellent example of leadership you want to see from your QB.

Wanted to thank you guys for pointing this out, that's exactly the type of interpersonal communication ability that all real leaders have--the ability to manage the personalities and emotions of your teammates like this is way underrated in comparison to the flashy rah-rah stuff. This kind of thing does a ton more to keep a locker room stable and on the same page than being a hype man. Having the casual, unforced presence of mind to do this in such a big moment just shows the kind of guy we've got in Kirk--this team is in good hands and it's sometimes the smallest things that prove it.

• 2 months later...

Archived