Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kirk Cousins answers questions on Reddit (AMA)

Alaskins

DC9's just hating because he did appearances with Tottenham Spurs instead of Liverpool.

He was forced to do those appearances.

Or it might have been suggested to him to do it. By coaches, maybe.

Players need a mental break from the game as well as a physical one. Otherwise, this stuff probably just becomes a swirling mess of numbers, figures, and symbols in their heads.

Let Cousins (and the other players) have their "down time" they need. They can pick back up when the new NFL season starts (March 9th).

Coaches?  No chance.

The organization?  Probably.

The league, I would think, encouraged him to head over to England being that we are playing there next year and they probably wanted to give some publicity to our team.  Which I'm fine with.

Like I said, the only thing that makes me feel uncomfortable is that Kirk isn't a guy who does a lot of stuff like this.  I am a fan and just want him to stay within himself.  Know when to say when.

He's not a guy that does a lot of stuff like this? You know this....how? Do you know him personally or something? If not, then I don't think you can seriously say that you know what kind of guy he is. taking a couple vacations in the early stages of the offseason is perfectly normal, for just about any player.

He was forced to do those appearances.

Coaches? No chance.

The organization? Probably.

The league, I would think, encouraged him to head over to England being that we are playing there next year and they probably wanted to give some publicity to our team. Which I'm fine with.

Like I said, the only thing that makes me feel uncomfortable is that Kirk isn't a guy who does a lot of stuff like this. I am a fan and just want him to stay within himself. Know when to say when.

You and I are in the Caps thread a lot. Why is it different for Kirk, but none of the Capitals? Ovie goes back to Russia all the time in the offseason. I never hear you complain about that. I think you are making a bigger deal than necessary. Like I said, it's literally been less than 48 hours since the SB ended. Let them take a breather. If Kirk is traipsing all over Amsterdam smoking weed and looking at heauxs in March, then we have a problem.

Coaches?  No chance.

The organization?  Probably.

The league, I would think, encouraged him to head over to England being that we are playing there next year and they probably wanted to give some publicity to our team.  Which I'm fine with.

Like I said, the only thing that makes me feel uncomfortable is that Kirk isn't a guy who does a lot of stuff like this.  I am a fan and just want him to stay within himself.  Know when to say when.

You're worried that he is going to like doing "a lot of stuff like this" too much, and start ignoring his work?

Anything is possible, but it is silly (and unhealthy, I would imagine) to worry over things you can't control.

I have faith that Cousins is not going to abandon his work ethic for the travelling good times.

You shouldn't worry about it, either, unless it actually starts to happen.

edit..

Ok, I hear what you are saying. However, I just don't see it for Kirk. He really has never, at any level, shown a propensity to forget who he is and how hard he has to work. It's not like any of this has exactly come easy to him. He has had to fight really hard at every level.

I fully expect Kirk and his handlers to continue the excellent job they have been doing. Regardless of what anyone may think his abilities as a football player, his work ethic and commitment has never been in question.

I just do not see this as a concern.

It's highly probable that Kirk's doing some Kirk's stuff right now.

Only difference is that last year he ended up as 3rd string QB and no one cared.

Now is probably our starter for years to come but camera's are following him.

That's the main difference.

And people forced to do stuff, do it, because they have, then they get back into their own business because they have none doing what they're forced to.

Don't worry about that. We're talking Kirk Cousins, not Cam Newton or Randy Moss, Terrell Owens or Deion Sanders here...

You and I are in the Caps thread a lot. Why is it different for Kirk, but none of the Capitals? Ovie goes back to Russia all the time in the offseason. I never hear you complain about that. I think you are making a bigger deal than necessary. Like I said, it's literally been less than 48 hours since the SB ended. Let them take a breather. If Kirk is traipsing all over Amsterdam smoking weed and looking at heauxs in March, then we have a problem.

I'm not trying to complain.  But as you said, Ovi goes back EVERY season.

I've said in two separate posts that this is out of Kirk's character to do.  I get that this is his first year as a starter and he should be allowed to celebrate and kick back.  I just want him to stay within himself.

I just want Kirk to stay humble and hungry.  If he can do this and play well next year it's not a big deal. 

You're worried that he is going to like doing "a lot of stuff like this" too much, and start ignoring his work?

Anything is possible, but it is silly (and unhealthy, I would imagine) to worry over things you can't control.

I have faith that Cousins is not going to abandon his work ethic for the travelling good times.

You shouldn't worry about it, either, unless it actually starts to happen.

I'm making an observation.

Silly or not.  It's an observation.  It's a movie we've seen before.  Yes, it's a different actor.

Archived