Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

London Calling: Martins House of Commons Official Offseason Twitter thread, Crumpets and Biscuits(Cheerleaders) extra

SWFLSkins

The #Giants are splashing around like they're the old #Redskins.

2. @kevins980 if there's the slightest shenanigans as the Giants unload all this junk in the future and we should push for MASSIVE penalties.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 19m19 minutes ago

There is no end in sight for #Jets negotiations with QB Ryan Fitzpatrick. The sides are still far apart & he's seeing what the market offers

Mason_Foster @Mason_Foster 1h1 hour ago

Land of The Wolves 1f43a.png1f43a.png1f43a.png1f43a.png1f43a.png

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 1h1 hour ago

Need to Know: #Redskins who are still on the bubble read it in BRBN

NFL @NFL 4h4 hours ago

Colin Kaepernick the next @Broncos QB? What about RGIII? 9 QB options for the Broncos: http://on.nfl.com/1p9FzRX 

CdK4btMXEAAw081.jpg

NFL Total Access @NFLTotalAccess 12h12 hours ago Culver City, CA

"The NY Giants spent 200M to fix the worst defense in the league." - @SteveMariucci on NYG defensive FA additions.

CdJU6pZUEAA259r.jpg

Redskins Ernie @skinsdiehards 44s45 seconds ago

Report: Tom Compton Will Not Return To Redskins http://dlvr.it/Kl7rR4

ChadGourley@79 @ChadGourley79 8h8 hours ago

@Rich_TandlerCSN Any truth, to the Skins trading for Kam?

@ChadGourley79 Go ask Hogs Haven, they seem to be making this up out of thin air.

@Rich_TandlerCSN @ChadGourley79 Boom! Yeah, there is nothing to it.

Breaking Burgundy @breakburgundy 56s56 seconds ago

Mason Foster and Will Compton reunited http://foxs.pt/1WaLAIK  The live twittering of Foster's signing. http://foxs.pt/1WaLCR1

BTW Bubba's Redskins Breaking News has been updated

Andrew Brandt @AndrewBrandt 5m5 minutes ago

Chase Daniel is winning the business of football. Just finished 3-year, $10M deal with Chiefs (appeared in 10 games), now $21M deal w/Eagles

Sean Kennedy @EatSleepRedskin 14h14 hours ago

Sean Kennedy Retweeted Albert Breer

Remember liking Chase Daniel very much as a Redskin. Good QB.

Sean Kennedy added,

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer
The Eagles will be giving new QB Chase Daniel every chance to wrest the starting job from Sam Bradford, per source. Not signed as a backup.

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL 1m1 minute ago

Mark Bullock Retweeted Sean Kennedy

This would be terrible news. Really would hurt safety depth

Mark Bullock added,

0 retweets 0 likes

Mike Jurecki @mikejurecki 18h18 hours ago

NFL Top 6 teams in #UFA spending, last 10 years. via @ESPNNFL

CdIJkEoUEAAwiif.jpg

MarkMaske @MarkMaske 15m15 minutes ago

Grading the biggest moves so far... http://wapo.st/1U425sq

Evan Silva @evansilva 2m2 minutes ago

drool but remember we are building from the draft

It's funny.  I am getting the youth movement, and it makes sense.  Preston>Oliver.  Breeland>Jenkins.  Harrison...we shall see.  Regardless, I get it. Prudence is foresight and farsightedness. It's the ability to make immediate decisions on the basis of their longer-range effects.

And it's why you keep drafting to improve all positions so you have replacements ready to step in when guys chase the money.

Edit: saw this above: 

Redskins Ernie ‏@skinsdiehards 44s45 seconds ago

Report: Tom Compton Will Not Return To Redskins http://dlvr.it/Kl7rR4

Maybe the team is impressed enough with Cofield's progress to make TCompton expendable this year.

Mark Bullock @MarkBullockNFL 3m3 minutes ago

@HTTR24_7 @EatSleepRedskin I just don't see Kam as realistic, personally

Sean Kennedy @EatSleepRedskin 2m2 minutes ago

@MarkBullockNFL @HTTR24_7I have seen nothing from a solid source to indicate it's even a possibility.

Master Tesfatsion @MasterTes 2m

#Redskins still have time to improve during second wave of free agency Read it in BRBN

Master Tesfatsion @MasterTes 1m1 minute ago

From @MikeJonesWaPo -- On first day of free agency, #Redskins play it cool and take care of their own read it in BRBN

Ashburning Retweeted Kevin Sheehan

As @BangRadioHour so noted, keep an eye for the breaking of the spirit of the cap. #Mara pays.

Ashburning added,

Kevin Sheehan @kevins980
The #Giants are splashing around like they're the old #Redskins.

@johnnylocal @BangRadioHour They were in violation of rule of 51 for a while yesterday... NFL Commish never responded to my tweet, though

Eric Bickel ‏@EBJunkies 10m10 minutes ago

Re: Cooley's comments about Robert. All I can say is they generally coincide w stories & anecdotes we've heard thru years. Is what it is.

You know when a team is winning personality clashes or snubs go overlooked, but when losing or a guy on the outs only then do they trash each other. I think Cooley is a media member now, nothing else/

1. Adam liked your Tweet
    2m
    @DC9AdamW @BangRadioHour Does he still chair the competition committee? What a fraud.
    1. q-7vLRFE_normal.jpeg

Jake Russell@_JakeRussell

#Redskins draft picks (still on the team) 2015: 10 (8) 2014: 8 (5) 2013: 7 (2)…[/background][/font][/color]

Real reason team is bad? Given the length of time an average NFL player plays, the fact that most are basically projects and the length of NFL rookie contracts along with the cap, you'd expect to be very close to that even if the team had been decent. Main modifiers here are our missing picks, regime change and the fact we've been bad, not the other way around.

John Keim @john_keim 1h1 hour ago

Like @MikeJonesWaPo I've heard the Redskins have shown some interest in S Reggie Nelson. How deep? Dunno. No visit yet

Rick Snider @Snide_Remarks 54m54 minutes ago

Hearing New York Giants have interest in former Redskin Keenan Robinson.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 3h3 hours ago

If I’m McC I’m much more concerned about filling DY’s special teams role than his role on offense

Burgundy Blog @BurgundyBlog 21m21 minutes ago

Nelson is pretty old but a) he's still good, B) safeties tend to age relatively well, and c) #Redskins have some vet leadership to replace.

Bucky Brooks @BuckyBrooks 27m27 minutes ago

Young players, especially QBs, have to earn the respect of their teammates & coaches to get freedoms and ownership. Takes more than 7 games

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 54m54 minutes ago

Rich Tandler Retweeted ken

The difference is significant, sure. But backs fix ball security issues regularly. Not necessarily permanent.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 55m55 minutes ago

Rich Tandler Retweeted ken

The difference is significant, sure. But backs fix ball security issues regularly. Not necessarily permanent.

Rich Tandler added,

ken @predhme
@Rich_TandlerCSN Morris had 3 lost fumbles on 355 atts while Jones had 4 on 144 attempts. Jones fumble rate is far more damning.

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 60m60 minutes ago

Correction: Morris fumbled 4 times as rookie, 5 times in second year. Point on Jones stands.

Rich Tandler Retweeted GLORY GLORY M.UNITED

Morris fumbled six times as a rookie. Jones can learn.

Rich Tandler added,

GLORY GLORY M.UNITED @paulmichael2196
@Rich_TandlerCSN @john_keim concerned jones fumbling issues he can improve but I can imagine him coughin it up several times in key moments

Dan Roth @DanRothDC 1h1 hour ago

Looks like we've got a local Rapoport-Schefter battle going down. 1f37f.png1f37f.png1f37f.png1f37f.png1f37f.png1f37f.png1f37f.png1f37f.png1f37f.png

CdMkmL2UEAE9yrG.jpg
CdMkmL3UIAEQSpM.jpg

Stephen Czarda @SCzardaRedskins 1h1 hour ago

#TBT: 11 years ago today, the #Redskins traded for Santana Moss, the "Cowboy Killer." http://bit.ly/1QJMyeV 

CdMj_f9XEAAsCA6.jpg

Dan Roth @DanRothDC 1h1 hour ago

ICYMI: Cooley & Ricky Jean-Francois hashed out his previous comments about RG3. Read @breakburgundy: http://www.scout.com/nfl/redskins/story/1650262-jean-francois-dc-move-rg3?preview=true 

John Keim @john_keim 1h1 hour ago

On Colt McCoy's deal: Counts 1.8 mil vs cap this year; 3.6 each of the next two years. Third year voids if 65 % play time in '16 or '17

Will Compton @_willcompton 1h1 hour ago

Think about the feeling you get when someone encourages you Man, pay that forward.. Bring the value out of ppl today

Washington Redskins @Redskins 1h1 hour ago

Help us wish a happy birthday to the man who coached the "Hogs" - Joe Bugel! #HTTR

CdMfb7WWEAAaBuI.jpg

Darrell Green @darrellgreen28 2h2 hours ago

Heads up for your Thursday morning reality check. FYI, it's ok to cry! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytgQxH5FrEA&sns=tw  via youtube

Washington Redskins @Redskins 3h3 hours ago

Why Kirk Cousins "likes" Osweiler's new deal in Houston & much more in morning clips: [http://redsk.in/225CX67 ]

CdMQgIjW0AAlWN5.jpg

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 3h3 hours ago

Rich Tandler Retweeted Kevin Browne

Nobody. They may sign one or they may figure out another way to cover the 7 offensive snaps/game DY played on off.

Rich Tandler added,

Kevin Browne @KRe8IsKevin
@Rich_TandlerCSN Who is the fullback right now?

Emmanual Benton @Manny_PPI 3h3 hours ago

I wonder if Chris Jones decides to re-run his forty with pants on today. #MissState

John Keim @john_keim 32s33 seconds ago

Davis has underwhelmed last two years. How badly does he still want 2 play? Vet insurance only?

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer 3m3 minutes ago

As @AdamSchefter said, TE Vernon Davis is visiting the Redskins -- He'll arrive in the DC area tonight.

Anthony Gulizia @AnthonyGulizia 4m4 minutes ago

As @AdamSchefter said, source confirms Vernon Davis is on his way to visit with the #Redskins.

Stephen Czarda @SCzardaRedskins 54s54 seconds ago

Stephen Czarda Retweeted Washington Redskins

From Washington, D.C., and went to Maryland. Sixth pick in 2006 NFL Draft.

Stephen Czarda added,

CdM3A8DUYAABh9d.jpg
Washington Redskins @Redskins
REPORT: TE Vernon Davis (461 catches, 5,841 yds., 55 TDs) to visit #Redskins today: MORE | http://redsk.in/1YC8tX5

T Manuel @TMM75 21m21 minutes ago

@P_ConnerJr Trying to find out if any truth to the rumor of Redskins interest in Rashad Johnson, or is it just "agent talk"

2. @TMM75 Heard his name too actually. But as a fall back option to others if I'm hearing correctly. Think call was made.

Chris Thompson @ChrisThompson_4 4m4 minutes ago

I don't even know why they have lanes in New York. Get in where you fit in traffic here.

Emmanual Benton @Manny_PPI 6m6 minutes ago

#Giants expressing interest in Keenan Robinson is good for Keenan. He'd fit that scheme. Let him roam. Just needs to stay healthy

John Keim @john_keim 7m7 minutes ago

One thing to keep in mind about Nelson: a visit is when things get serious. You can express interest in many. Stay tuned...

Mason_Foster @Mason_Foster 35s36 seconds ago

Mason_Foster Retweeted Jon

I was always anti Xbox until I came to the redskins and all the LBs got me hooked on rainbow 6

Mason_Foster added,

Jon @jonjonMD75
@Mason_Foster well you use to be my favorite player.... hahah just playin

Andrew Walker @AWalkerRedskins 5m5 minutes ago

On Vernon Davis: #Redskins saw Paul and Paulsen, and later Carrier, go on IR. Why not at least see where he's at?

John Keim @john_keim 2m2 minutes ago

@AWalkerRedskins well, tonight he'll be at Redskins Park... oh, that's not what you meant?

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora 2m2 minutes ago

Joe Thomas is not the kind of guy who would ask for a trade, but seems pretty obvious for all parties Browns would be wise to shop him...

Former Redskins TE Chris Cooley: "The offensive line did not like Robert Griffin" read it in BRBN

CdM5NCSW8AElnO0.jpg

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 24m24 minutes ago

Rich Tandler Retweeted iN F L

When your team has 3 guys left out of 21 picks in the 2011-12 drafts sometimes you have to do things you don’t like.

Rich Tandler added,

iN F L @Howard4Skin
@Rich_TandlerCSN I thought McCloughan was about youth and "not overpaying for the old vets". 1st Nelson, now Vernon Davis too?

Andrew Walker @AWalkerRedskins 30m30 minutes ago

On Vernon Davis: #Redskins saw Paul and Paulsen, and later Carrier, go on IR. Why not at least see where he's at?

John Keim @john_keim 28m28 minutes ago

@AWalkerRedskins well, tonight he'll be at Redskins Park... oh, that's not what you meant?

Andrew Walker @AWalkerRedskins 27m27 minutes ago

@john_keim *reportedly

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora 28m28 minutes ago

Joe Thomas is not the kind of guy who would ask for a trade, but seems pretty obvious for all parties Browns would be wise to shop him...

Paul Conner @P_ConnerJr 32m32 minutes ago

With Reed, Paul and Carrier on board already, it's already crowded for Vernon Davis. With that being said, all have/had injury problems.

Θṡςλг Ɓ. @NotoriouzBiz 2h2 hours ago

Tracking #Redskins One during Free Agency... #HTTR

CdMmt0UWwAABibo.jpg

Washington Redskins @redskinsbuzztap 8m8 minutes ago

http://redskins.com  >> NFL: Could Reggie Ragland Be Available At #21? http://buzztap.com/-4wqJYo

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN 11m11 minutes ago

ICYMI—Need to Know: #Redskins who are still on the bubble read it in BRBN  #RedskinsTalk

CdLgl2wW4AALtuL.jpg

NFC EAST CHAMPIONS Retweeted

Thank You Redskins for the opportunity and the memories. Thank you fans for the support and… https://www.instagram.com/p/BCveFBnJJoe/

Mason_Foster @Mason_Foster 15m15 minutes ago

Mason_Foster Retweeted Marcus

I'll leave that to the real heroes, when I change careers you will see me winning Wrestlemania on PPV1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png

Mason_Foster added,

Marcus @RemySummit
@Mason_Foster Bro, with all these shooting games you play, if you ever decide on a career change.. you can easily join the military.

I say bring in Vernon Davis. May play for an affordable price to be close to home for a year.

Plus, Carrier is rehabbing an ACL/MCL(if memory serves) injury and his availability is in question for at least part of the year.

Niles Paul coming off a NASTY ankle injury.

Jordan Reed with concussion/injury issues.

The draft has an obvious lack of TE talent.

And this is a bad idea how??

I say bring in Vernon Davis. May play for an affordable price to be close to home for a year.

Plus, Carrier is rehabbing an ACL/MCL(if memory serves) injury and his availability is in question for at least part of the year.

Completely agree.  He's probably getting a minimum contract at this point.  If so, what's the harm?

I personally just want us to keep developing as much young talent as possible, even if it means we miss out on 1 or 2 above average seasons from an aging veteran player at the same position. Unless the injuries to Paul and Carrier are the types that have shown themselves to be difficult to fully recover from, I don't see any pressing reason to bring in Davis.

I personally just want us to keep developing as much young talent as possible, even if it means we miss out on 1 or 2 above average seasons from an aging veteran player at the same position. Unless the injuries to Paul and Carrier are the types that have shown themselves to be difficult to fully recover from, I don't see any pressing reason to bring in Davis.

I think it's worth testing the waters. Cousins knows how to use his tightends. For the right price I think he could fit in well with this offense. We definitely had a te injury problem last year.

Think Davis is going to be cheap and this years TE class is very weak. Dont see a problem with giving him a team friendly 1-2 year deal. Cousins loves his TE and Reed is one hit away from a season ending concussion at all times.

Archived