Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thank you RG3

Red Cloud

Three things that I'll always remember fondly about Griffin in BNG.

They may or may not be what others remember, but here are mine and I saw each in person:

1)  The Bengals game in 2012 - This was a ridiculous shootout.  Somewhere in there we got ****ed by the replacement refs, and I believe this was their last game they officiated for us.  But two things really stuck out to me. (1) This kid is tough.  He was getting his ass whooped almost every play that game and kept coming back for more. (2) We're in a shootout.  It had been probably since the 1999 team that I'd seen us in a legit shootout with teams, and that was long before I was a season ticket holder.  Seeing it consistently that year on TV and in person, my Redskins, in a shootout... it was crazy unreal.

2)  The Vikings game - Yes, the run.  The run was ridiculous.  I saw it happening before he even leaned forward to run.  But I remember seeing a clear path to the sideline and as soon as he got the first down I screamed "slide!" so as not to see him go out and stop the clock.  And then he turned up the field and that took my breathe away.  Our Redskins... with this kind of weapon.  It was crazy unreal.

3)  The Ravens game. This was bar none, the most satisfied I've ever been leaving FedEx field.  All of those Baltimorons in one place... acting the fool.  Thinking they'd won.  I took my uncle to this game and he'd left early thinking it was over.  I stayed.  The heart this kid showed... he has so much heart.  This was the last time I'd seen a member of the Redskins put a whole city on his back and say "let's go".  And we won.  It was crazy unreal.

That season was a dream.  I'll always remember it.  And I thank you for that.

No idea why people think Houston when it's clear that KC under Andy Reid backing up Alex Smith for a year or 2 would easily be his best bet.

Remember, Andy Reid made McNugget, as inaccurate as he was, into a top 5 franchise QB for a decade.

I put this in the Random thought thread but it seems like all things RG3 have moved over to this thread so I'll see what you all think of this theory....

What if RG3 went to Arizona?

The more I think about it the more it seems to make sense as a possible landing spot that no one is talking about.

- Strong connection to the military and community service events

- Older QB (36) with limited upside going forward that is probably not a long term solution

- A front office that has shown a willingness to take on reclamation projects in order to get talent for a smaller pricetag (Palmer from Oakland, Honey Badger in draft despite weed issues)

- A highly innovative, aggressive style head coach who has been called "The ultimate Quarterback Whisperer."  This article makes me think Arians might be exactly what RG3 needs to make the jump to the next level at QB. 

http://bleacherrepor...rback-whisperer

One section in particular struck me:

"Everybody needs a guy that believes in him, and Bruce made me believe I could do anything," said Holcomb. "When it came to X's and O's, Bruce made his money by designing play-action passes that could really hurt defenses. Even today, he'll play-action teams to death. But what sets Bruce apart is that he can get you to do things you didn't think you were necessarily capable of. And it's all because he really cares about you, and, in return, you want to make him proud."

"You make them pick the plays so you can say, 'You picked it. You make it work,'" Arians said. "It increases the level of accountability."

- A superstar, face of the franchise, receiver (Fitzgerald) who seems to share RG3's emphasis on strong family ties, military community service, and charity fundraising.

- A small(er) fanbase and media market that would not spotlight his every move to the degree that he is currently exposed to and allow him to continue his development with less distraction.

Thoughts?  

I think the fact that they are knocking on the Super Bowl's door this season will also be an added incentive for RG3 knowing he would be going to a team that would give him a legitimate shot to make the playoffs every year.

He's not going to the Texans. I would be shocked if they picked him up. O'Brien is not the type of coach that Griffin could get along with. That would never work. He benched Hoyer after the 1st q of the first game of the year. Plus the type of offense they run doesn't really suit him.

Griffin needs to put his massive ego aside and go to SF or Buffalo where they have running qb's as starters.  KC also might be a good spot. But even at those places he's probably playing for a backup spot.

The Run, I was there. Me and my baby brother sitting in section 400. I will never forget that and neither will he. :) Everytime we reminisce about RG3 we bring up how the fans went absolutely bananas when he ran for 70 something yards towards the endzone. Thank for you for that magical season Robert. I truly wish it would've worked out here in DC, I had the utmost hope in you being our franchise QB, but things happen for a reason. It's all good and no hard feelings. Best of luck in your NFL career and in the future in general.

It has been said that he couldn't comprehend the playbook and that they didn't have a playbook or a very limited playbook at Baylor. Also why wasn't RGIII ever on the Gruden Camp prior to the Draft like Luck or any of the other QB's coming out that year?

It was all over this site, people were excited by it. All the interviewers were thrilled with his intelligence and football knowledge and desire to learn.

When I see posts like this, I just have to wonder if people are this dumb or if they just don't follow the team to which this site is dedicated. I mean how did you see Luck and others but miss your team's quarterback? Why not run an internet search just in case?

By the way they had a playbook at Baylor but it was in video form mostly on iPad. This was also explained years ago.

He's not going to the Texans. I would be shocked if they picked him up. O'Brien is not the type of coach that Griffin could get along with. That would never work. He benched Hoyer after the 1st q of the first game of the year. Plus the type of offense they run doesn't really suit him.

Griffin needs to put his massive ego aside and go to SF or Buffalo where they have running qb's as starters.  KC also might be a good spot. But even at those places he's probably playing for a backup spot.

So he has a massive ego because he wants to go to a place where he can start? Interesting.

Really? What's so difficult to understand about the title of the thread? You know. The thread topic? What is it about Jumbo's post earlier and mine later that was so hard to understand? This one's done and I'll be considering some penalties for a few of you. While I do so,those few of you,(you know who you are),might want to get acquainted with Rule #18 and the results of being hit with a violation with it.  

Archived