Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jeremiah Ratliff says he's the devil & felt like killing everybody at Bears facility

Sacks 'n' Stuff

and that he wants staff members' children to die.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14009984/former-chicago-bears-dl-jeremiah-ratliff-said-felt-killing-everybody-team-facility

I have a question. Where is Jeremiah Ratliff right now? Seems like he shouldn't be just walking around free.

I'm guessing Jerruh is trying to get in contact with him to bring him back home to Dallas where he belongs.

Disturbing...

You know what's really disgusting...an NFL locker room would not be a surprising place at all for for an NFL player to commit the next horrific shooting. I mean after reading about the Gilbert Arenas/Javaris Crittendon incident again, I think its even more likely in the NFL, where you gotta assume a lot of guys are on the borderline of psychosis.

At one point in Dallas he was an extremely likable guy and a 'team player'.  During his last 18 months or so with Dallas he seemingly underwent a dramatic personality change.  I honestly think that he has an issue (mental/physical) that has not been diagnosed.

Not to turn this into a gun thread/debate...but this is a perfect example of the type of recognized behavioral traits that should preclude the removal of guns from his residence (until we can show that he is healthy).

I really do worry for him and his family/friends/co-workers.

• 2 weeks later...

At one point in Dallas he was an extremely likable guy and a 'team player'.  During his last 18 months or so with Dallas he seemingly underwent a dramatic personality change.  I honestly think that he has an issue (mental/physical) that has not been diagnosed.

Not to turn this into a gun thread/debate...but this is a perfect example of the type of recognized behavioral traits that should preclude the removal of guns from his residence (until we can show that he is healthy).

I really do worry for him and his family/friends/co-workers.

Chronic effects of CTE. 

Sad, I hope he gets the help he needs. 

I had a teammate who went from being a great guy, great student, polite, nice, etc. to being a snarky, mean, negative asshole in one hit. It was a pit drill and this guy was the RB, up against our meanest, biggest and hardest-hitting DL. Instead of juking and jiving the RB decided to run through the DL. Dumb move. He was form tackled off his feet, helmet-to-helmet, and brought down really hard. He was out cold for at least a minute. When he came to he didn't know the year, the president, his Mom's name, etc. It was bad.

He was never the same guy, and he did some disturbing things, like stabbing another teammate in the thigh with a pocket knife while they were just sitting around doing nothing in particular.

Concussions can have really horrible consequences sometimes, and not leave permanent damage other times (at least I hope so for my sake ha ha). It sounds like this guy needs help and concussions are probably the cause of his recent behavior. Yikes.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived