Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will the Yahoo stream of the Bills/Jags game bring about a change in the NFL availability of all the games streaming?

mtruslow

May take too much of a chunk out of television viewer numbers and piss off the networks. I may need to do more reading, but I'm not sure why they are even doing it for this one (other then maybe exposure for an internationally played game).

Edit - someone correct me on this, but is this game only televised in the local markets? dude, there's a reason there are still video rental stores, not everyone has high-speed internet in the house for netflix.

I'm good with giving the option of streaming games. To make this game streaming only for everyone not in Buffalo/Jacksonville is outrageous though. Only NFL game on right now and most people can't watch it. And I'm sorry but watching on a laptop, phone, etc just sucks. I don't care about Bills/Jags nearly enough for that.

I'm good with giving the option of streaming games. To make this game streaming only for everyone not in Buffalo/Jacksonville is outrageous though. Only NFL game on right now and most people can't watch it. And I'm sorry but watching on a laptop, phone, etc just sucks. I don't care about Bills/Jags nearly enough for that.

I wonder what the % actually is that can/can't watch it.

It's on xbox, amazon fire, chromecast, smart tvs with apps, DVD players with apps, etc.

There are limitless ways to get the game on your big TV but they all require you to have newer technology.

I'll say this, spending 30 minutes this morning exploring my TV and dvr apps ha spend up a whole new world to me.

The NFL is the most un fan friendly league of all four professional sports leagues. It seems to me that you shouldn't have to jump through hoops or go to a bar to watch a game. Some of us like being in the comfort of our own homes with our own beer and food. I just shake my head every season when I have to compare schedules to see how many Redskins games I'll miss because of the NFL broadcast rules.

Wow the stream looks fantastic!

Yeah, I've been watching, and it looks really good. No lag or chopping or anything.

Sometime in the future, with regards to streaming games,

you would still get your regional game on TV, but they will probably have a website where you select what game(s) you want streamed, and you pay for those games.

Nope. Not hooking up cables and a bunch of crap. Buffering will be a problem too. I'm out at that point.

It's definitely your call but a fire stick is about as easy to hook up as anything you have ever hooked up. Cable box, antenna, dvd player etc. Really not watching it because it is on there is about the same as not watching it because it is on cable. But to each their own

Archived